VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Gali must be into some kinky stuff...

I've noticed the same on Gali's mask as well, also something that remotely looks like a lip-piercing.

You know, Kopaka/Melum combo kind of gives Kopaka a bundled up look like he was this year. Which is great in my opinion as I was kind of torn between liking and disliking that design choice this year. On one hand it's a clever idea, giving him a metallic coat or whatever, on the other it takes away how agile I figured he would be. Now in 2016, I can have both! The more combat ready form of Kopaka, and then the "Melum-I'm-Going-To-Kill-You-And-Wear-You-For-Warmth-And-Cry-About-It-Later" Kopaka. :D

Which brings me to Onua. What exactly is his combo? Just extra armor? Won't Terak's claws clash(physically) with the ribcage pieces?

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Which brings be to Onua. What exactly is his combo? Just extra armor? Won't Terak's claws clash(physically) with the ribcage pieces?

Im pretty sure teraks arms will go under his armpit area into his chest to fill in the gappyness. Eeehhh thats all I can imagine right now haha

On the "Tahu has too much gold" discussion, I really don't mind it. Especially since Onua and Kopaka have it in much smaller amounts. Gold seems to be becoming one of Tahu's primary colors for G2. I think it looks pretty cool.

However, there's one thing that I just can't shake. And for the fear of ruining 2016 Tahu for everyone, I'll put it in spoiler tags:

Does it look to anyone else that Tahu has a ball gag? It's that weird circle in his mouth combined with the upper lip and the protruding jaw line or whatever.

Maybe my mind is just in bad places... But now... Can't unsee...

I honestly don't see it. Looks like any other Hau mouth to me

I just had an idea as to why Umarak includes the MoCo. What if the summer sets (Ekimu and Umarak) respectively contain corrupted versions of the MoCr and MoCo? They could be blended between gold and the respective colors (Trans Light Blue and Trans Purple), or silver (ala the 08 release of the Ignika). The story consequences of this could be that, after Umarak gets a hold of the MoCo in the winter wave, he triggers some sort of reaction with both masks.

Any news about Bionicle 2016? Or is it much of the same?

Nope, but shouldn't take too long that they show the sets, maybe make it even earlier due to the poster leak.

Nope, but shouldn't take too long that they show the sets, maybe make it even earlier due to the poster leak.

*6 weeks later...*

"Official images... Any day now..."

I just had an idea as to why Umarak includes the MoCo. What if the summer sets (Ekimu and Umarak) respectively contain corrupted versions of the MoCr and MoCo? They could be blended between gold and the respective colors (Trans Light Blue and Trans Purple), or silver (ala the 08 release of the Ignika). The story consequences of this could be that, after Umarak gets a hold of the MoCo in the winter wave, he triggers some sort of reaction with both masks.

I doubt TLC will do that, mainly because the leak pictures don't show that the Mask Of Control that comes with Umarak are blended with Trans-Purple.

So, for the sake of not knowing how large Umarak's summer form will be, I've just gotta ask, are those technic pistons that were used for support still in production? I know they haven't used them in Constraction since Witch Doctor, but maybe Technic sets have been using them(I only keep tabs on Bionicle)?

So, for the sake of not knowing how large Umarak's summer form will be, I've just gotta ask, are those technic pistons that were used for support still in production? I know they haven't used them in Constraction since Witch Doctor, but maybe Technic sets have been using them(I only keep tabs on Bionicle)?

They're still in some Technic sets, but the friction extender is the new go-to for stability in BIONICLE models, so I wouldn't say it is terribly likely for them to return.

They're still in some Technic sets, but the friction extender is the new go-to for stability in BIONICLE models, so I wouldn't say it is terribly likely for them to return.

Right, but I'm talking 30 €/$ or larger, here. But even then they'll most likely use some sort of CCBS build for stability, idk. :P

I doubt TLC will do that, mainly because the leak pictures don't show that the Mask Of Control that comes with Umarak are blended with Trans-Purple.

I meant that his summer set, Umarak the Destroyer, is the one that could include a blended MoCo to match the 'Ekimu the Mask Maker' set having a blended MoCr. It would allow them to give cool variants of the masks instead of just giving us the same colors. That is assuming Ekimu still wears the MoCr (pretty dang likely) and Umarak includes the MoCo again (which is where I got the idea- will UtD contain a secondary mask?). This is all my own idea though and I will be totally okay if it was proven false.

So, today, I was thinking of how the arms are attached to the torso. I've come up with a theory that it uses two female axles to attach the shoulders, like this piece. How I have deduced this is by comparing it to the head, which I assume is the same head as 2015. The torso armor laid on top extends a bit to the side, making it 6 modules wide as of the widest points. The (upper) torso overall seems to be 10 modules high, as evidenced by the apparent length of the arms on the poster. Pohatu and Kopaka use similar shoulder builds using a typical y-joint behind the shoulder armor, Lewa uses Hordika necks, Onua uses Glatorian necks attached perpendicular, Tahu uses axles with stops in a similar way to 2015, and I think Gali uses the same method as Tahu.

Edit: Here's an imgur album with LDD images exhibiting what I was talking about.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

I'm curious as to how the Creature's heads are connected to the Toa's. Not sure if this was brought up yet or not.

I don't think they connect, I think they just sit on top of the Toa's heads.

Or The Creatures heads clip onto their masks the same way as the masks clips onto the new Toa head.

Edited by Tahu

I'm wondering about that myself. My hope is that the heads detatch from the Creatures, otherwise we'd have another Piraka case.

Now that we have the more clear leaks I see that what I thought was Umarak's "hair" is dualinjected into the mask. Kinda unhappy to see it it folds onto the head and doesn't lock the brainstalk like I thought due to his large antlers.

I'm wondering about that myself. My hope is that the heads detatch from the Creatures, otherwise we'd have another Piraka case.

Hey, the Piraka were awesome, and you know it...

But yeah the arms and head were a nightmare to pose.

Yeah I mean that. FENIKKUSU MODO Tahu looks fantastic and I'd like to display him that way, but if the heads are stuck the Unity feature is going to be half ruined for me.

Yeah I mean that. FENIKKUSU MODO Tahu looks fantastic and I'd like to display him that way, but if the heads are stuck the Unity feature is going to be half ruined for me.

Honestly it doesn't have to be like the piraka at all. If the creature clips onto toa's head, and it stays there firmly, and if the neck isn't limited, You will get absolutely normal head posing.

Those are 2 big "Ifs" though.

In a way I like that the heads combine, in the same way that there are special combiner-mode heads for TF gestalts.

At the same time, from what I have seen so far, I can't say I really like how the creature heads look on top of the Toa's masks- and in general I'm not sure that I can get behind them all having one shared mask again. It worked to an extent with the protectors, but now it really looks off. A fish, scorpion, insect, mole/bear/thing, and a phoenix should really have some very different faces. Of the 6, I think the only one where the mask looks entirely great on is the Phoenix. Of course I eagerly await having them in hand to be the judge of that myself, but as far as what we've seen, it's not one of the high points of this wave for me.

Surprisingly, I don't mind the Creatures heads. I probably should but I don't. Maybe it's because I don't see them as real life creatures but something fantastical instead, something along the lines of (Rookie) Digimon.

Edited by Shakar