VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

That was from way back when DV was hating on TTV for no reason. I think we better move on to on-topic discussion before things start escalating and I start roasting people.

Believe me, I've no desire to revive that argument, nor do I bear any enmity towards TTV. I was simply explaining why DV and I assumed that Scarilian was referring to BZPower.

But yes, we probably should move back on-topic.

Anyways, can that shin armor from SW sets be put into a more 'feminine design' than Gali's? I wanna see how it looks.

Asaj Ventris, mayhaps?

Anyways, can that shin armor from SW sets be put into a more 'feminine design' than Gali's? I wanna see how it looks.

I'm guessing the shim guard looks unappealing on Gali because her upper leg bone is shorter than the ones in the Star Wars figures: they tend to have an extra module between the middle balljoint and the knee. So using a longer bone piece or a shorter armor piece (preferably the former) would help. It'll be interesting to see how MOCers make use of the shin guard.

SO ANYWAY yeah I'm not entirely sure how the SW leg armor will be adapted towards the BIONICLE sets, if it ends up being used at all. I nominate a new foot design, for starters! The 2.0 feet have vastly overstayed their welcome.

Believe me, I've no desire to revive that argument, nor do I bear any enmity towards TTV. I was simply explaining why DV and I assumed that Scarilian was referring to BZPower.

But yes, we probably should move back on-topic.

Asaj Ventris, mayhaps?

I'll totally try making her, lol. Though, the knee pad of the armor piece might through off her design.

I was simply explaining why DV and I assumed that Scarilian was referring to BZPower.

As you've just shown if i was referring to them recently i would have specified it was them, as i did back then. I do understand how you got to that assumption now though - though trust me it was not referring to any site in particular and it was not intended to be taken as a continuation of a conversation from several months ago that existed in a different topic. Personally trying to avoid bringing up the past, specifically concerning events that occured in other topics - no point dragging up old wounds. As with the rest of my comment it was just a commentary on the nature of leaks and how the community reacts to them as i've said a few times now.

Either way, we should be talking about 2016 stuff.

Asaj Ventris, mayhaps?

Maybe we'll get her in set form at some stage. Depending on the version would require a new cloak though

yeah I'm not entirely sure how the SW leg armor will be adapted towards the BIONICLE sets, if it ends up being used at all. I nominate a new foot design, for starters! The 2.0 feet have vastly overstayed their welcome.

Yeah, new feet would be cool. Though not sure what style would be best for an upgrade, the current one's work mostly because they are simplistic and kind of dont attract too much attention. Though i would like new feet for the villains and maybe some new feet for the creatures.

I'll totally try making her, lol. Though, the knee pad of the armor piece might through off her design.

Which version though? :)

Edited by Scarilian

Yeah, we desperately need some new non-creature-like feet. Something similar to HF 1.0 feet would be nice, they themselves don't have ball joint connection which makes them difficult to utilize well.

Yeah, we desperately need some new non-creature-like feet. Something similar to HF 1.0 feet would be nice, they themselves don't have ball joint connection which makes them difficult to utilize well.

If you stick a Y-joint into a 1.0 foot vertically and then attach a cross axle through the bottom hole, it works nearly as well as a 2.0 foot. Granted, I don't ever expect to see that technique in sets, on the grounds that it could be hard for kids to separate. But it's a useful technique to remember for MOCs. Speaking of which, I need to buy some more colors of 1.0 feet from BrickLink at some point... I actually only have the Bright Yellowish Green ones from the Breakout-series Breez, since I skipped the first year of Hero Factory.

I actually like the 2.0 foot and don't see any particular need to replace it. No foot that can easily support a medium-to-large set's weight will be all that realistic, as I see it, but the 2.0 foot is plain enough to do quite nicely without drawing too much attention to itself. If they released a foot with molded toes like the molded fingers of the current fist piece, that could potentially be pretty cool.

Speaking of the fist piece, I wouldn't mind either a new articulated hand piece or an alternate hand piece with an open hand. Granted, I don't know how useful an open hand could be other than to allow for a slightly wider range of poses, and you'd have to design it in a particular way so that it wouldn't be limited to use as a right or left hand. One that could hold and fling disks as part of a new action feature is probably too much to hope for. Articulated hands might actually be MORE realistic than that. My biggest worry with articulated hands is that they might be fragile or might require changing the number of fingers. I wouldn't demand a fully articulated hand — one joint in each finger could be fine, though I'm sure more could be possible.

If you stick a Y-joint into a 1.0 foot vertically and then attach a cross axle through the bottom hole, it works nearly as well as a 2.0 foot. Granted, I don't ever expect to see that technique in sets, on the grounds that it could be hard for kids to separate. But it's a useful technique to remember for MOCs.

Any pictorial examples

I think thats the main thing we need with a new foot design, to be the perfect CCBS foot piece it needs to be easily updatable with balljoints and sockets so you can add armour attachments or pieces to it to vary it. The current feet pieces have very little attachments so they seem basic in comparison.

Not sure if this is the right place or whether this should be in the Wishlist one...sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I'm sure you've all noticed so I don't think I'm really saying much here, but the parts they use in silver and orange on Jango and Cody on the upper arms/shoulders are reminiscent of those used on the 'nuva' toa (here) rather. It seems that it'll be unlikely that there will be much use of the shin part judging by comments about how it doesn't work with shorter upper thighs and I doubt they'll make the toa any taller than they are, but there's a good chance they might use that shoulder pad in the gen 2 'nuva' toa isn't there? That would be a nice nod to the past.

but there's a good chance they might use that shoulder pad in the gen 2 'nuva' toa isn't there? That would be a nice nod to the past.

Please no. :hmpf: In the next few weeks / months, we'll see hundreds of G2 Toa Nuva MOCs appear on the web, because everyone will have the same idea as you. I expect Lego to be more original than this.

Hahah, too true, too true. But would they introduce parts 'generic' enough like that and then only use them in one theme?

Please no. :hmpf: In the next few weeks / months, we'll see hundreds of G2 Toa Nuva MOCs appear on the web, because everyone will have the same idea as you. I expect Lego to be more original than this.

Everyone having the same idea doesn't at all make it a bad idea. I think it'd be far better for LEGO to make their design decisions based on actual merit than just because they're trying to pussyfoot around the possibility of using any idea fans might have already thought of.

Who knows? Maybe they might have designed that new shoulder piece in a way that it can be printed? Or might mold it in unique two-color blends for each Toa? There are plenty of ways for LEGO to take advantage of that piece that fans couldn't beat them to the punch. But even if they don't, I can't think of a poorer reason not to use a piece than "because fans thought using this piece would be a good idea".

I totally dig how those Star Wars shin guards look on Gali. I would also love to see that shoulder armor piece in the new line if it's printed. I could see there being some really cool metallic tribal designs like the chestplates from this year.

I totally dig how those Star Wars shin guards look on Gali. I would also love to see that shoulder armor piece in the new line if it's printed. I could see there being some really cool metallic tribal designs like the chestplates from this year.

Just not overused, Jango looks so lazily made because of that.

It seems that it'll be unlikely that there will be much use of the shin part judging by comments about how it doesn't work with shorter upper thighs and I doubt they'll make the toa any taller than they are, but there's a good chance they might use that shoulder pad in the gen 2 'nuva' toa isn't there? That would be a nice nod to the past.

Wondering if the piece was perhaps designed to suite both Bionicle and Star Wars in that way, it does seem to be a little reminiscent of the Nuva shoulder armour and with a good print design it could look pretty similar...

Wonder if some of the Toa will incorporate the shin guards, i think they could work well with a new version of Gali and Lewa. Printed shoulder pad pieces could open up a world of MOC'ing possibilities. so hope they go with that route.

Just not overused, Jango looks so lazily made because of that.

I think the intention is to get the parts out there as much as possible - might aswell make the most of a new mould i suppose. We'll probably end up seeing the piece re-used for atleast some of the Winter Wave G2 Bionicle sets, maybe even Nexo Knights if that has constraction sets.

With printed pieces i suppose its also easier making one design for a set and just using that design over and over for that set, though i agree it looks a little lazy to have the same printed piece multiple times on a set.

Edited by Scarilian

I can't think of a poorer reason not to use a piece than "because fans thought using this piece would be a good idea".

I should have been more precise, maybe. I wouldn't mind if next year's Toa use the SW shoulder pads, as long as it's not silver. because I expect Lego to do something more original and creative than the obvious silver-shoulder-pads-like-the-Toa-Nuva homage thing.

If you stick a Y-joint into a 1.0 foot vertically and then attach a cross axle through the bottom hole, it works nearly as well as a 2.0 foot. Granted, I don't ever expect to see that technique in sets, on the grounds that it could be hard for kids to separate. But it's a useful technique to remember for MOCs. Speaking of which, I need to buy some more colors of 1.0 feet from BrickLink at some point... I actually only have the Bright Yellowish Green ones from the Breakout-series Breez, since I skipped the first year of Hero Factory.

I know about this and used it several times, but it still restricts the movement although the feet look much more proportionate most of the time.

Yesterday I pulled out my Kongu Inika from its canister and most of its joints had small cracks, including quite a big one. What saddens me the most is that he spent the last 10 years in its canister, sheltered from any damage. Jeez, they really used some cheap plastic back then...

I think beginning with next year we may be getting CCBS bones with better friction, therefore making LEGO action figures close to perfection.

Edited by TwistLaw

Personally, I hope next year's Toa use the SW shoulder pads and shin guards, I think that and new masks would be enough to make them different enough for me to be interested in them (I'll take gunmetal and black shoulder pads any day of the week). I can definitely visualise Umarak using those particular SW parts at least though, I can just picture him as this sleek looking Dark Hunter type being with quite a different aesthetic to this year's villains.

For my wallet's sake, I hope Nexo Knights doesn't have Ultrabuilds (Constraction is quickly becoming less affordable to become completist in thanks to the expansion of Ultrabuilds and more sets per wave), though I agree that the SW parts may fit better for those characters, so if there are any, I hope there's plenty of recolours. More Earth Blue please! :laugh:

I kinda hope the creatures don't turn out to be a basic small ccbs body with spring launchers and legs/wings/fins attached.

when we could have small creatures that are technic based with funny gimmicks, like this: http://gk733-bonkles...-gimmick-im-not

Edit: I've come to conclusion that the lever is faulty but not something I couldn't fix so it doesn't really change this situation.

Edited by GK733

I am not pleased to see these continuing arguments time and time again- those responsible are going to have a chat with the staff, but as a reminder to everyone else, if you aren't capable of keeping a thread on topic, then I will close it, be it a yearly set thread or not.

We have a report button, use it and do not add to the argument.

Thank you.

I am not pleased to see these continuing arguments time and time again- those responsible are going to have a chat with the staff, but as a reminder to everyone else, if you aren't capable of keeping a thread on topic, then I will close it, be it a yearly set thread or not.

We have a report button, use it and do not add to the argument.

Thank you.

Sorry about that, Chief.

I'll endeavor in future to stay out of any altercations, off-topic or otherwise.

I kinda hope the creatures don't turn out to be a basic small ccbs body with spring launchers and legs/wings/fins attached.

when we could have small creatures that are technic based with funny gimmicks, like this: http://gk733-bonkles...-gimmick-im-not

Edit: I've come to conclusion that the lever is faulty but not something I couldn't fix so it doesn't really change this situation.

Cute. I wouldn't mind sets like this, they'd be fun and also decent part packs for technic and other connectors. I get the feeling that the creature sets next year will feature masks though.

Cute. I wouldn't mind sets like this, they'd be fun and also decent part packs for technic and other connectors. I get the feeling that the creature sets next year will feature masks though.

That's also possible. But judging by them giving the same mask 7 recolors this year... I don't think I want that to happen. Edited by GK733

That's also possible. But judging by them giving the same mask 7 recolors this year... I don't think I want that to happen.

The Skull Spider mask? That has 4 recolors... I thought...

Edit: The Protector's masks completely fell out of existence in my mind. I'm an idiot, my bad. :3

Edited by MakutaOfWar