VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Ya kevkipo stop posting GIF's and being excited! Gosh what's wrong with you showing emotions! Can you please stop! :grin: Just teasing cause I was guilty of this too... Guess you and I should just become Tin Men and start a Wizard of Oz forum filled with GIF's!

Back on track, I did read that tomorrow is a very big LEGO news day! The releases of the Monster CMF, official pictures of the Doctor Who set and also J2G will be allowed to release all of his knowledge to the public! SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

Read this in another thread... is this true? Is today the big day?

Read this in another thread... is this true? Is today the big day?

I haven't seen any of those things pop up yet. Not that they won't, but I can't find any of that anywhere. As far as I'm aware, there's no knowledge whether just2good has BIONICLE information or not. (And why would he be "allowed" to release in September? Seems strange)

EDIT: Besides the CMF14 release, that one has indeed shown up. :tongue:

Edited by mysteriouspi

Let's have little math.

Earth is obviously part of Quake beast.

Fire is obviously part of Lava beast.

This leaves Stone as the only other possible element for Lava.

So Lava is Fire+Stone

Water is obviously part of Storm. This leaves Ice and Jungle.

Would you really associate Ice with Quake?

If "no" then it's part of the Storm beast, it's that simple.

Meaning Storm Beast is Water + Ice

And Quake Beast is Earth + Jungle

This also balances the toa against the beasts. Meaning every beast has one 15$ rivalry and one 20€ rivalry.

Or they are just Fire, Ice and Earth but that would be stupid because it would left three toa without an enemy.

I have a theory about that evil beasts(they mast be evil, Toa must have someone to fight, beside Uarak). They are come from combined elements, and MoUP come from combining elements and was "bad" and corrupted Makuta, so I think that combining elements crates "evil", thats why Ekimu make rule to don't do it.

I suppose that how it will look:

• lava=fire+stone; (just lava)
  • storm=water+jungle; (like some tropical hurricane)
  • quake=earth+ice; (earthquake can make avalanche)

That is a good idea. If I remember correctly, episode 1 or 2 said that the Toa were "together, but never one" or something along those lines. Seems like combining elements isn't a good idea, unlike G1.

I hope the Beasts have a strong elemental motif and look evil enough. I wonder they could be used as Element Lords..

If those are the summer sets, and each one is supposed to fight off two Toa and their creatures ($75 probably), I hope they at least make the beasts $20 sets. Larger creature sets are always nice, and they'd have an incredibly unfair fight on their hands otherwise. My guess is that Ekimu is a $10 or $15 set.

My guess is that Ekimu is a $10 or $15 set.

I would close the10$ Ekimu out, it's just not possible. He is most likely 15$ Since 10$ is not enough and the first sets always have the lowest price, there have to be cheaper than 20 sets too, Otherwise it would be a bad business decision.

Edited by GK733

I haven't seen any of those things pop up yet. Not that they won't, but I can't find any of that anywhere. As far as I'm aware, there's no knowledge whether just2good has BIONICLE information or not. (And why would he be "allowed" to release in September? Seems strange)

EDIT: Besides the CMF14 release, that one has indeed shown up. :tongue:

To quote just2good:

Alright guys, first off I never said I'd reveal any info September 1st. Second off, the "info this weekend thing" was said through a PM between BrickJagger and I, and I said "maybe" but honestly, it was just hopeful thinking because I usually get more info from myself when new sets come out. I really wish it didn't become a big thing. :wacko:

But, I don't want this thread to get any more off topic soooo, Big BvS set has Lex (only set with him in it) with hair, there you go, BvS info. :tongue:

Edited by just2good, Today, 06:16 AM.

So, no :(

I sincerely think you guys are looking too much into the "element fusion" thing.

To me these beasts sound more like Umarak's pets/allies to fight the Toa (the same way the creatures are the Master's companions). They just happen to be called Lava, Storm and Quake, the same way this year's villains were called Warrior, Slicer, Basher, etc...

I sincerely think you guys are looking too much into the "element fusion" thing.

To me these beasts sound more like Umarak's pets/allies to fight the Toa (the same way the creatures are the Master's companions). They just happen to be called Lava, Storm and Quake, the same way this year's villains were called Warrior, Slicer, Basher, etc...

The reason why I'm thinking fusions is mainly because why Lava? Why Storm? Why Quake? They have elemental-esque names unlike this year's Skull dudes. And it just sounds like the result of combining two elements together.

That, and it's been said in the story that combining Elements isn't a smart idea, and I want that fact to come into play more in the story.

I'm just going to say that lava appears to already be a subcategory of fire. Tahu literally manipulates and controls lava in the animations before rescuing the PoF. Just pointing that out, he didn't need the help of any other element to create a giant spout of lava. :P

Edit: I'd also like to mention that Onua already creates earthquakes and fissures as well. I'm pretty sure the beast names are either fluff or are meant to represent the elements in their most unyielding and primal forms.

Edited by Tarvaxx

I'm just going to say that lava appears to already be a subcategory of fire. Tahu literally manipulates and controls lava in the animations before rescuing the PoF. Just pointing that out, he didn't need the help of any other element to create a giant spout of lava. :P

Edit: I'd also like to mention that Onua already creates earthquakes and fissures as well. I'm pretty sure the beast names are either fluff or are meant to represent the elements in their most unyielding and primal forms.

Maybe because Toa are masters of elements, especially with Golden Masks, that should make them even powerful, and beasts are just rather some animals without masks.

Beside it Toa may control things like that, but rather can't crate it (Tahu rather can't crate lava without help of Pohatu), so maybe that beasts will be able to crate that things.

Edited by PrimoUltimo

Don't wanna mini-mod, but I think we're dwelling into story stuff too much now. VBBN said that for now we should use this topic for set discussion only, while story topics go here.

But on the sets. I'd be content with Ekimu as a 15 Euro figure since I can always spruce him up a bit if he turns out to be underwhelming- but really, Lewa and Gali were fine, only Pohatu was a bit too bare-bones. The Skull villains are a bit more complicated and I'm not going to discuss them, especially since I haven't got them yet.

But the 3 Beasts better be 20 Euro each, I want them to be truly threatening looking. I wonder about their colours, I hope they somehow manage to mix the elemental colours well while still keeping a sense of unity (since I'm assuming they'll share the same origin). And please, no LoSS/Scorpio style sets, just some good looking and poseable figures with a well integrated function like the Masters.

Finally, Umarak also better be big, since he's upgrading from a 20 Euro set. A Grievous level of height isn't neccessary, but I'd want him to be close to Darth Vader's size.

Finally, Umarak also better be big, since he's upgrading from a 20 Euro set. A Grievous level of height isn't neccessary, but I'd want him to be close to Darth Vader's size.

Yes please. Titan Umarak would be glorious.

Yes please. Titan Umarak would be glorious.

Oh, yes, I see him around 35. Perhaps when he gains the MoCo he gets a titan form... (Sorry, story discussion...)

I would guess 30(that's the euro for MMvsSG right? American here) unless they don't follow 2015 prices. Although the winter releases are already a different format then this year so who knows. Are there any other set numbers directly after the summer leaks? There could even be more Bonkle sets. Or it might not be summer at all, but I'd say it's very very very very unlikely these are more winter sets.

When did we get catalog leaks last year?

September 11th - prizes for all winter sets found from a German retailer Werst

September 14th - Confidential photos found by Mesonak.

September 28th - Final set pictures sent by Just2Good but Onua was missing

September 29th - Confidential catalog by a Reddit user admiraltyphoon

Pure speculation time:

Since Umarak the Destroyer might very well be the set the MoCo comes in (I really can't think of another set to include it in), I wonder if it could play out like this.

Umarak gets a power up from the Mask but, since it contains Makuta's spirit, he gets possessed and we get Makuta's first physical form. Like a sort of Quirrel/Voldemort dynamic. This way, the set could be vastly different from the Hunter figure in terms of appearence and colours, being closer to Makuta's style than Umarak's.

Calling the set Umarak again would be accurate since it's still Umarak's body (and possibly his spirit as well), but it would cover up the plot twist about Makuta's return, a la "Ultimate Dume".

Oh and I really hope that the Creatures CAN somehow combine with the Toa, even despite Neckir's bs being bs. I keep thinking about Tahu with a pair of wings or Pohatu with a scorpion tail, that sounded great. And speaking of which, I wonder if we will EVER see those scorpion guys depicted in the statues again?

Pure speculation time:

Since Umarak the Destroyer might very well be the set the MoCo comes in (I really can't think of another set to include it in), I wonder if it could play out like this.

Umarak gets a power up from the Mask but, since it contains Makuta's spirit, he gets possessed and we get Makuta's first physical form. Like a sort of Quirrel/Voldemort dynamic. This way, the set could be vastly different from the Hunter figure in terms of appearence and colours, being closer to Makuta's style than Umarak's.

Calling the set Umarak again would be accurate since it's still Umarak's body (and possibly his spirit as well), but it would cover up the plot twist about Makuta's return, a la "Ultimate Dume".

Oh and I really hope that the Creatures CAN somehow combine with the Toa, even despite Neckir's bs being bs. I keep thinking about Tahu with a pair of wings or Pohatu with a scorpion tail, that sounded great. And speaking of which, I wonder if we will EVER see those scorpion guys depicted in the statues again?

I really like all of this.

So where exactly did everyone get the idea that:

Umarak the Destroyer and Ekimu the Mask Maker are titans?

The newly revealed "beasts" are elemental/set combinations?

These are Summer sets?

These are Summer sets?

Educated guessing and wishful thinking. :wink: We're simply speculating based on the past and what we already know.

These are Summer sets?

Because if these are part of the winter wave, that's a way bigger than expected line, which is generally unlikely. Much more likely that the release size and makeup is the same as 2015. Ekimu being a titan is mostly just wishful thinking; assuming the sizes are the same as this year, he'd be $15. Umurak's placement (and the fact that he's a repeated character) make it more likely that he's a titan of some kind (although I'm thinking he's packaged with a beast rather than a full titan, but we'll see).

As for the beasts being fusions, just some fun speculation. The names sound like they could be elemental combinations, and we've seen those sorts of combinations specifically in G1.

1)No one thinks Ekimu is a Titan, everyone agrees he's Tahu sized at the very most. As for Umarak, he's the last set on the list and it wouldn't make sense for him to be a 20 Euro figure like Umarak the Hunter.

2)This one is purely speculation, with some story-based guessing/wishful thinking. They're 3 (3 couples of elements?), and Lava and Storm had people immediately thinking about element combinations.

3)Because we already have 18 guaranteed-to-be Winter sets, and 5 sets in Summer would mirror 2015. Granted, I'd be more than happy to get 23 sets and more stuff in Summer, but not even G1 got waves as huge like this.

Ninja'd pretty much.

Edited by Shakar