Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

14 hours ago, Tidy said:

the US prices and piece counts for the last jedi sets are:

I look at that to extrapolate the local prices:

Ouch1.jpg

Bracing myself for the final impact...:look:

Edited by Artanis I

Good, force friday is 15 days away. Let's just hope that comes with a VIP point event and a MF announcement so we can finally focus on the winter and upcoming waves. They seem to be very interesting and we could use the change in discussion

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Good, force friday is 15 days away. Let's just hope that comes with a VIP point event and a MF announcement so we can finally focus on the winter and upcoming waves. They seem to be very interesting and we could use the change in discussion

I agree, but I do want to remind y'all that we can make the decision to change the discussion up at any time.

Those prices in Turkey are actually pretty cheap. I think the estimates above could be wrong. That puts Bb8 at bang on £100... But in a nation with high (very) import taxes and no trade deal with the EEA/C and EU. Interesting.

1 hour ago, therealharbinger said:

Those prices in Turkey are actually pretty cheap. I think the estimates above could be wrong. That puts Bb8 at bang on £100... But in a nation with high (very) import taxes and no trade deal with the EEA/C and EU. Interesting.

After opening Lego turkey office, prices came to the same level as europe. And Turkey has a customs union agreement with the european union so import taxes arent big issue on products caming from europe.

All the TLJ sets are now available in Israel:

http://www.toystogo.co.il/product.asp?productid=4716

It was like that in TFA, it also occurs with console games(We get them before the world since most of the stores give a megabluck about the sell embargo).

Anyway, the walker is about 300 dollars here, typical Israeli price for Lego.

Although I can get them all now. I'll wait for reasonable price(reasonable for me is UK retail price) and order it from thehut.com or iwoot.com.

17 minutes ago, humanlamak said:

After opening Lego turkey office, prices came to the same level as europe. And Turkey has a customs union agreement with the european union so import taxes arent big issue on products caming from europe.

Customs is different to a trade deal. The eu turkey trade deal only covers industrial goods. Everything else is excluded sadly. Trade union was not progressed as it has to be mutual. Off topic sorry. 

OT where is my MF teaser!

It'll probably be revealed around 1st September officially... Not sure when the official shelf date for the TLJ set is but its going to get released so they can't/won't just hide it.

If there are figures from TLJ included it would actually be a part of that wave. 

The USC Falcon is it's own beast... they can't worry about people not buying the smaller sets just because that big one is around... I'm sure they've done their research on release schedules.

4 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Lego isn't going to reveal the Falcon until after TLJ sets are out - they don't want people saving their money.

As Robianco said, its likely to be revealed on Friday Sept 1st, the same day as the TLJ sets are released aka. Force Friday II. The reveal date has been heavily implied from Hans Burkhard Schlomer's bricklist notes for the Republic Fighter Tank on Brickset. There he said "I did this as a side-project to a much, much, much....larger set which is going to be announced on September 1, 2017". Hans (formerly known on Eurobricks as Brickcommander before he was banned) is one of the lead SW Lego designers. The time-frame would fit with the UCS MF 2.0 being one of two VIP early access sets revealed in the latest official Lego calendar available Mid-Sept. The recent hints from Lego on Twitter all but confirm a reveal is imminent. I have a feeling Force Friday 2017 is going to be one for the ages!

Therealharbinger wasn't asking when the MF is going to be revealed or why it hasn't been leaked yet, he was wondering (and so am I) where the *teaser* that TLG has leaked the past 2 Tuesdays, is, as it is now Tuesday. It looked like they had set a precedence of one leak every Tuesday until Sept 1st, but maybe it was just a 'two-off' kinda thing. 

27 minutes ago, Markalus said:

As Robianco said, its likely to be revealed on Friday Sept 1st, the same day as the TLJ sets are released aka. Force Friday II. The reveal date has been heavily implied from Hans Burkhard Schlomer's bricklist notes for the Republic Fighter Tank on Brickset. There he said "I did this as a side-project to a much, much, much....larger set which is going to be announced on September 1, 2017". Hans (formerly known on Eurobricks as Brickcommander before he was banned) is one of the lead SW Lego designers. The time-frame would fit with the UCS MF 2.0 being one of two VIP early access sets revealed in the latest official Lego calendar available Mid-Sept. The recent hints from Lego on Twitter all but confirm a reveal is imminent. I have a feeling Force Friday 2017 is going to be one for the ages!

Wait... One of the lead SW LEGO designers was banned from Eurobricks?

5 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Therealharbinger wasn't asking when the MF is going to be revealed or why it hasn't been leaked yet, he was wondering (and so am I) where the *teaser* that TLG has leaked the past 2 Tuesdays, is, as it is now Tuesday. It looked like they had set a precedence of one leak every Tuesday until Sept 1st, but maybe it was just a 'two-off' kinda thing. 

I was responding to DrasticPlastic's comment, not Therealharbinger. But on the topic of official teasers, one of the golden rules of manufacturing hype is to draw out the suspense for as long as possible. Creating a pattern of expectation and then prolonging the suspense seems like 'marketing 101' to me.

Just now, lomis said:

Wait... One of the lead SW LEGO designers was banned from Eurobricks?

Yes. Search Brickcommander under members. No idea why. You'd have to ask mods that question.

3 hours ago, Markalus said:

"Before he was banned..."

Ah well - EB is still up there as one of the only places to go to chat with actual TLG designers. Returning back to the topic, thanks for finding those, @itzik! If I'm reading that right, they appear to actually be for sale. :)

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Not like it wasn't confirmed multiple times before, but beautiful! You can see various parts of the build in that video!

Well, yeah. But super confirmed! You can see BB-8 and a docking port, anyone able to spot hints as to an interior ?

Just now, Mendicant said:

My wife swears she saw a dejarik table top, but I can't find it.

Me neither. I see the radar dish, BB8, base of the cockpit and a docking port. And some red studs ..