Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

We've even seen prelims in August

My point exactly,this year has been quiet thus far.With any luck next month more leaks will see the light of day.

I'm a little disappointed (like a lot of people were) that the set with Yoda and R2-D2 is a starfighter and not a Dagobah set. That being said, do you think we'll see any updates to the Yoda figure? He's one of the few characters that the redesigns haven't improved on, in my opinion. I love the sculpt of the original Yoda figure and I think sand green suits him much better than olive green does. The current figure seems (rightfully so) to be based solely on his appearance throughout the prequel trilogy, but I'm much more of an original trilogy guy myself. I would love to see a new Yoda figure that more accurately represents his appearance in ESB or ROTJ.

Molding for the Yoda's head is absolutely exceptional, this from the set with Count Dokoo in the cave, the play set. I'd even say that Yoda minifig is too realistic and not enough LEGOish, if I may. They could have kept the same traditional LEGO head and make something for the ears like they did for the elves in the LOTR sets, for instance. Just my opinion, but I agree with you, a Dagobah set would have been cool to get Yoda in, rather than a ship.

The fact that this Yoda is from the Clone Wars I think it will be interesting to see whether they go for the CW variant or the current PT one. My hope is the PT variant, since I think its the better of the two.

I imagine they'll go with movie based designs. We've seen some clone wars characters recently in the Clone Turbo Tank and in Anakin's Starfighter both with the more realistic movie designs.

I imagine they'll go with movie based designs. We've seen some clone wars characters recently in the Clone Turbo Tank and in Anakin's Starfighter both with the more realistic movie designs.

I agree that they're probably going to use movie based designs for all sets from now on (even those based on TCW), but the two examples you've mentioned don't really support that assumption: The recent Turbo Tank is based on ROTS and last year's Anakin's Starfighter is based on CW instead of TCW :wink: However, there's one set that appears to be related to TCW that features non-TCW minifig heads, namely the Senate Commando Troopers battlepack :sweet: Keep in mind though that Brickset lists it as a Legends set (probably because the vehicle doesn't appear in the show), so it's somewhat debatable I guess :grin:

Yes, but Quinlin Vos, who came it the Turbo Tank, has only canonically appeared in The Clone Wars series, so I do think that at least he is a good example of Lego using the regular minifig style for TCW characters.

Yes, but Quinlin Vos, who came it the Turbo Tank, has only canonically appeared in The Clone Wars series, so I do think that at least he is a good example of Lego using the regular minifig style for TCW characters.

Is his appearance in TPM not considered canon?

Is his appearance in TPM not considered canon?

You mean the background character who could be literally anyone of similar appearance?

You mean the background character who could be literally anyone of similar appearance?

It's Quinlin Vos.

I believe Vos' cameo in TPM is canon, but he doesn't appear in Episode III as the CTT set would suggest, though his name was mentioned at one point, and there is a deleted animatic scene of him in something like a Turbo Tank.

Edited by npgcole

He even had a 3 3/4 action figure released using that image on the card. I don't think there's any argument that it's him.

He even had a 3 3/4 action figure released using that image on the card. I don't think there's any argument that it's him.

I understand that it is him, but I was more referring to the idea that he would have a "live action" minifig style rather than a "Clone Wars" style minifigure. His appearance in TPM is hardly worthy of a minifigure, and he only got an action figure because pretty much every background character has had an action figure at some point.

His databank on the official website includes his TPM cameo under his appearances so its definitely canon, but his costume in the Turbo Tank set is clearly based off his appearance in The Clone Wars and not Episode I.

Yoda came with a new head mold in the 2015 Geonosis set with Dooku, right? I imagine that they'd use that head for him.

EDIT: 2013, not 2015. Wow. Was it that long ago?

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Wasn't Vos on Bos Phiti or whatever that pkace is called when Obi-Wan debriefed Anakin after his senate moment?

Yep. "And Master Vos has moved this troops to Bos Pity. "

According to the Wook: The character, as fleshed out in the Expanded Universe, eventually caught Lucas' eye. The director was intrigued by Vos and decided to include him in the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The character was scripted to appear on the planet Kashyyyk, the Wookiee homeworld, during the execution of Order 66, but the scene was cut before the scene was shot or an actor was cast. An animatic featuring Vos was developed, however,[23] and a passing reference to the character remained in the final film.[5]

This may be, however odd and obscure it may be, the reason for his inclusion in the CTT.

Supposedly according to the EU, Vos was on Tatooine in TPM on an important mission and as such even though Qui-Gon and he were aware of each other, they did not elect to break Vos' cover. Of course that's all after the fact in TPM - he was originally just a background character with no bio at the time.

From boredom. Or exhaustion from Death Star bashing. Vos came out in the most recent wave and probably won't be seen from again after.

Obi Wan said Master Co's will lead a squad on Kashyyyk during Revenge of the Sith. The homing spider droid was meant for as a villian for the ctt

Has anyone seen pictures of the sets. Are their at least descriptions?

Obi Wan said Master Co's will lead a squad on Kashyyyk during Revenge of the Sith. The homing spider droid was meant for as a villian for the ctt

Has anyone seen pictures of the sets. Are their at least descriptions?

Sir Von Lego has given us basic descriptions.

According to the Wook: The character, as fleshed out in the Expanded Universe, eventually caught Lucas' eye. The director was intrigued by Vos and decided to include him in the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The character was scripted to appear on the planet Kashyyyk, the Wookiee homeworld, during the execution of Order 66, but the scene was cut before the scene was shot or an actor was cast. An animatic featuring Vos was developed, however,[23] and a passing reference to the character remained in the final film.[5]

This may be, however odd and obscure it may be, the reason for his inclusion in the CTT.

For those who read the Republic comics, his appearance on Kashyyyk was explained, he was shot down by a CTT when order 66 came out, though he survived and was the last remaining jedi present on the planet when he woke up, he was then hunted by his clone commander, but he managed to kill him and to flee from the planet.

To me this set is basically a reference to the Republic comics which is awesome because he was such a great character in these.