Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

On 10/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, Robert8 said:

Hmmm I didn't think about it.... but I guess the horse could be trans-gray? It's a single piece, so there shouldn't be a problem

I made it just gray. But trans-gray could be a better choice

That's cool! I just wondered, since the outline was lighter than the other gray pieces in the pic.

Anyway, coming back after a few days, these are stunning! I love the mansion keeper's silhouette locket, it's a really charming detail. The spooky clown looks like it would be good for some mocs I'm planning. One question about the mutant woman (don't get me wrong, she's an incredible counterpart to one of my favorites of your past series)-why didn't you just use the preexisting Rio Durant 4 arms piece?

3 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Anyway, coming back after a few days, these are stunning! I love the mansion keeper's silhouette locket, it's a really charming detail. The spooky clown looks like it would be good for some mocs I'm planning. One question about the mutant woman (don't get me wrong, she's an incredible counterpart to one of my favorites of your past series)-why didn't you just use the preexisting Rio Durant 4 arms piece?

I tried them but oddly enough those didn't look monstrous enough for her

8. Phantom

Part assortment (6 pieces):  New hat+hair combo. Rope piece. 2x2 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs. Black cape

50293088526_1fe8194d6f_o.png

Without the mask! Look at your own risk....

Spoiler

50293088486_f368170ee0_o.png

Thanks. I'm glad you like him

Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite classic monsters (along with the Headless Horseman)

FINALLY after almost 4.5 years of doing this, I was able to make him

9. Hopping Vampire

Part assortment (6 pieces): Hairpiece introduced with the Series P Latern Festival Guy. 2x1 printed tile as a protection talisman (x2). Regular head, torso and legs. Long cloth piece

50292412833_d733760f49_o.png

Edited by Robert8

Well, Jiangshi had more in common with Zombies than Vampires, but still, and excellent minifig Roberto! Also, If you swap the head, you can have a Mandarin Magistrate!

Never thought you’d make this guy, but glad you did. Looking forward to what other little known tales you uncover here. 

Really digging your Spooky Clown and Mutant Woman designs... :thumbup: :classic: ...BTW, does the Phantom's new hat & hair mold include a ponytail?

I have never heard of this. I think there will be many more to learn here about monsters. :)

1 hour ago, Yooha said:

I have never heard of this. I think there will be many more to learn here about monsters. :)

Basically, It's a chinese undead zombie/vampire from Qing Dynasty, that feeds off of your chi (life energy). And because their dead bodies are in a state of Rigor Mortis, they can't move normally, so they hop around instead.

2 hours ago, Yooha said:

It's what Eggyslav said. Pretty much a zombie from chinese folklore

Here are some of the pics I used for reference

Spoiler

Pin on Inspiriation for PaintingsArtStation - Jiangshi, Khang LêSlumber parties are a good way for Chinese Vampires to clear their minds.  Many are coordinated through meetup.c… | Hopping vampire, Chinese vampire,  Japanese horror

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Really digging your Spooky Clown and Mutant Woman designs... :thumbup: :classic: ...BTW, does the Phantom's new hat & hair mold include a ponytail?

No. It doesn't have one

It's short hair

10. Sea Monster

Part assortment (8 pieces): New neck attachment tailored made to go with the Swamp Creature mask from MF (similar to the Ninjago Movie masks). Swamp Creature mask. Fish. Flippers. Regular head, torso and legs.

50293088391_32f1654b2c_o.png

Side view

Spoiler

50325340578_47c3c4f61d_o.png

Edited by Robert8

I was just thinking about how a Chinese hopping vampire would look as a minifigure, so it's really nice to actually see one!

Update: Oh, and it seems right after, we get a new Minifigure! Really like how the Sea Monster turned out, too!

Edited by LegoGuy03

If I were a deep one!

Blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub!

All day long I'd swim beneath the sea!

If I were a Deeeep One!

Terrify the Tourists!

Blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub blub!

If I were an Icky, Icky Fish!

A scaley, slippery, frog -like kind of man!

Turquoise fish-man eh? Perfect color choice right there... :thumbup: :smug: ...while I know Monster Fighters gave us a CMS-worthy amphibious humanoid eight years ago, I still want the Collectable Minifigure theme to tackle the archetype, and your take would certainly be the way to go! :blush:

6 hours ago, LegoGuy03 said:

I was just thinking about how a Chinese hopping vampire would look as a minifigure, so it's really nice to actually see one!

Enlighten did one a few years back. With Monkie Kid, Sun Wukong in the CMF line and other Chinese-targeted sets I'd be a little surprised if LEGO didn't do one eventually.

Jiangshi-Enlighten.jpg[/img]

I love it! It goes well with the monster fighters one and a swamp creature definitely belongs in a series. 

Also, that Enlighten figure looks surprisingly good