Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

10 hours ago, Drew15 said:
On 5/14/2016 at 10:57 PM, Robert8 said:

31281443647_8813f49a06_n.jpg                                        

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited to see what's new in the world of Roberto's CMF's

What the heck is THAT supposed to be in the upper right-hand corner?!!! *huh*

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You'll see it next Monday :classic:

On 3/25/2019 at 7:01 PM, DarrellBricker said:

And Robert ... Good GOD, man, that Edgar Allen Poe ... swoon! So incredible!

14 hours ago, Drew15 said:

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited to see what's new in the world of Roberto's CMF's! 

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The outline reminds me of the lid of a grand piano...but I guess we'll see in a few days!

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You'll see it next Monday :classic:

9 hours ago, Karalora said:

The outline reminds me of the lid of a grand piano...but I guess we'll see in a few days!

Whatever it may be, I somewhat wonder if that CMF is designed in mind for the new bag size introduced for TLM2 CMS, given how "BIG" it seemingly looks. :shrug_oh_well: 

3 hours ago, miniman said:

The first one reminds me the giraffe costume...

Based on the color, I'm calling Loch Ness Monster costume. It's a fan of the creature, or else a prankster pretending to be it.

6 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Based on the color, I'm calling Loch Ness Monster costume. It's a fan of the creature, or else a prankster pretending to be it.

You're most likely right... :wink:

On 3/11/2019 at 11:04 PM, Digger of Bricks said:
On 3/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, Robert8 said:

The next series is around the corner, including a circus character, a grim writer with a raven and a costumed minifigure who has been causing a lot of troubles at certain loch...

While I haven't any specific idea for that first hint, the latter two are most definitely Edgar Allen Poe and a "Nessie" Costume Guy! :classic:

Looking at the teaser now, I'm guessing that "circus character" @Robert8 mentioned might be the one in the upper left-hand corner. :shrug_oh_well:

Reading your guesses is actually pretty funny. :laugh:

That minifigure was made last summer so I didnt know about the new bag size, which appeared this year. 

But yeah that new bag size would be very useful for bigger minifigures like the Series N Flying Man

Edited by Robert8

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That minifigure was made last summer so I didnt know about the new bag size, which appeared this year. 

Huh, interesting. Perhaps all that Dark Bluish Grey is a new cloth element? :shrug_oh_well:

Damn, I'm so desperate for real CMS 19 leaks that I'm over-analyzing yours! :laugh:

Dear reader

Thanks for passing by this thread
Let me introduce you to a whole new wave of ideas for Collectible Minfigures

I needed an extra letter for the alphabet, so I'm going with the spanish one. In spanish we have a letter called Ñ between N and O. So, here we go

31281441017_e79f2bf272_o.png

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A to N as already introduced pieces. 

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg40279478691_1a9fca644e.jpg43558941024_681a6c9302.jpg45444919811_27a696d92b.jpg45429056654_74139a0ecf.jpg

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series Ñ, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Circus Acrobat, Clown Girl, Writer, Loch Monster Guy, Red Leprechaun, Southern Belle, Delivery Guy, Black Card Guard, Ghoul,  Robot Boy, Valkyrie, Adventurer, Auctioneer, Kite Flyer, Snowman and Taekwondo Fighter.

1. Adventurer

Part assortment (7 pieces): Fedora hat. 2x2 printed tile. Idol (microfigure + 1x1round tile). Regular head torso and legs.

44397724900_9200e8e4f2_o.png

2. Robot Boy

Part assortment (8 pieces): New robot mask. Candy cane introduced with the Series M Mrs. Santa. Hand le piece. Paper Bag introduced with the Super market Clerk in Seri es L.  1x1 printed round tile. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

31275763117_fa0f837f91_o.png

3. Auctioneer

Part assortment (7 pieces): Series 16 Dog Show Winner hairpiece. Gavel introduced with the Series 9 Judge. 2x3 printed tile. 2x1 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

44397724800_081b014ffc_o.png

4. Circus Acrobat

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece with feathers. New skirt/tutu piece. Hula ring introduced with the (Series A) Gymnast. Recolor of the beach ball mold introduced with the Holidaymaker (Series K). Regular head torso and legs.

31275763757_dd7471545a_o.png

5. Ghoul

Part assortment (5 pieces): Woody's torso with long arms. Short bone piece. Long bone piece. Regular head and legs.

31275763487_a7619b04de_o.png

6. Loch Monster Guy

Part assortment (5 pieces): New Loch Ness Monster mask. New neck attachment with flippers and tail. Torso with fins from the Shark Suit Guy. Regular head and legs.

46214860401_0c99373c6c_o.png

7. Southern Belle

Part assortment (5 pieces): Flop py hat+hair introduced with the Series K Holidaymaker. Umbrella piece introduced with the Penguin from TLBM. Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

46214860041_8f687d2764_o.png

8. Writer

Part assortment (8 pieces): New hairpiece. Plume piece. Crow introduced with the Evil Scarecrow (Series I). Collar piece from TLBM Alfred. Minifigure head. Regular head, torso and legs.

46214859551_2fb9e3c07e_o.png

9. Red Leprechaun

Part assortment (9 pieces): New beard with ears. Recolor of the hat introduced with the Series I Pilgrim. Pot piece in black. 3 1x1 studs. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

31275763167_66a55d1451_o.png

10. Clown Girl

Part assortment (5pieces): New balloon flower. Recolor of the "yarn" hairpiece introduced with the Series I Doll. Regular head, torso and legs.

31275763557_63c763c21c_o.png

11. Black Card Guard

Part assortment (6 pieces): English archer helmet mold introduced with the Series L Red Card Guard. LEGO Brick torso introduced in Series 18. 2x3 tile printed with As of Spades card. Old spear in black. Regular head and legs. 

46214861431_85412558d3_o.png

EXTRA PIC! Alternate version! This minifigure also appears as the Ace of Clubs Guard version. The distribution would be 50% each

Spoiler

31275763767_0ab6365810_o.png

12. Kite Flyer

Part assortment (6 pieces): New hairpiece. New kite piece similar to the Series 18 balloon. Key piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

46214860551_e15870f039_o.png

13. Snowman

Part assortment (6 pieces): New minifigure head with molded  carrot nose. New snow ball "legs" piece. Scarf piece. Hat introduced with Penguin in the TLBM. Pitchfork piece. Regular head and torso.

46214860161_ba1047f5ce_o.png

14. Taekwondo Fighter

Part assortment (8 pieces): New taekwondo sparring chest gear. Sparring helmet. Trophy (bowl+telescope+1x1x1 plate) Regular head, torso and legs.

31275762947_cf8dd36198_o.png

15. Delivery Guy

Part assortment (8 pieces): Series 9 Plumber hat. 2 1x1 printed tiles. Gift box from Series 18 recolored. 2x2 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

46214860961_8917981987_o.png

16. Valkyrie

Part assortment (7 pieces): New wings piece. New hairpiece with winged diadem. Spear piece. Shield piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

46214859841_7ae10d6243_o.png

Series Ñ group pic:
The color is magenta this time around

31281442037_1ff9da3616_o.png

Series Ñ would introduce 15 new pieces: Nessie mask and tail, leprechaun beard, kite, Edgar A. Poe hairpiece, B. Franklin hairpiece, snow ball legs piece, minifigure head with molded carrot nose, robot mask, sparring chest gear, hairpiece with feathers, small tutu skirt, wings, diadem with wings, balloon flower. 

31281440877_411269191d_b.jpg

Bag:

31281444757_e9dc711af4.jpg

Leaflet:

31281736727_07e61a7170_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

31281444117_09710a6a37_z.jpg

And that was it. Thanks for reading. I would like to read your thoughts about it. 

31281440667_ee0462a70e_b.jpg

Series O will be out next June! 

SERIES N                                                                                                                                                           SERIES O

44335796380_0a2be06254_n.jpg                                                                                         33939913868_4a77fab068_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Okaaaaay, that Valkyrie at the end just blew me away... :oh:

DAMN Robert, yet another brilliant Series from you all in all, with so freaking many groundbreakers!!! :thumbup: :oh3: Special mention should go to the gorgeously-designed Circus Acrobat, the lovely Southern Belle, that jaw-dropping Valkyrie, and that seriously excellent ADVENTURER!!! I mean, he's absolutely perfect!!! :wub_drool:

Another excellent series! The Valkyrie and Circus Acrobat are beautifully designed, and I'm a sucker for holiday archetypes and monsters, so the Snowman and ghoul are among my faves. The Loch Monster Guy has a perfect expression for his alternate face, and I love the reference to the Supervillain (and perhaps a hint at an upcoming hero CMF?) in the Delivery Guy's accessories.

5 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

The Loch Monster Guy has a perfect expression for his alternate face, and I love the reference to the Supervillain (and perhaps a hint at an upcoming hero CMF?) in the Delivery Guy's accessories.

Oooooh, I totally missed that! :oh:

P.S. I know @Dorayaki is just gonna love that Snowman! :wink:

Thanks @Digger of Bricks

Now you know what was that in the upper right-hand corner: It was the Valkyrie :classic:

@Nerd-with-a-Pencil

The Supervillain and Super Kid are indeed in those printed tiles. But with short legs it looked kind of weird, so I made him with regular legs. 

By the way @Robert8, I noticed you haven't published public Flickr images for this Series yet. Is it already due to Flickr's 1000 free photo limit? :shrug_confused:

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

2. Robot Boy

Part assortment (8 pieces): New robot mask. Candy cane introduced with the Series M Mrs. Santa. Hand le piece. Paper Bag introduced with the Super market Clerk in Seri es L.  1x1 printed round tile. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

6. Loch Monster Guy

Part assortment (5 pieces): New Loch Ness Monster mask. New neck attachment with flippers and tail. Torso with fins from the Shark Suit Guy. Regular head and legs.

Say, are these two utilizing new/nonexistent colors? I don't seem to recognize their base colors in particular. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Supervillain and Super Kid are indeed in those printed tiles. But with short legs it looked kind of weird, so I made him with regular legs. 

I do hope we'll be seeing actual Superhero/Superheroine CMFs in future Series as counterpart to the Supervillain! :sweet:

BTW, for as much as I enthusiastically L-O-V-E your Adventurer design, one very tiny complaint I have about it is the color of his kerchief. Given how much brown he already has as a part of his color scheme, a contrasting color such as Olive Green or Dark Red for it instead could've helped. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, for as much as I enthusiastically L-O-V-E your Adventurer design, one very tiny complaint I have about it is the color of his kerchief. Given how much brown he already has as a part of his color scheme, a contrasting color such as Olive Green or Dark Red for it instead could've helped. :shrug_oh_well:

I agree 100%

Roberto! When will the next series come out? I really appreciate this thread and how amazing it is turning out to be! 

19 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

When will the next series come out?

As he said himself...

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Series O will be out next June!

So, until then... :wink:

P.S. Thanks for publishing the public Flickr images @Robert8:blush:

Stellar series, Robert, simply stellar! I especially love the Adventurer, the Robot Kid, the Writer, the Clown Girl, the Circus Acrobat, and OMG THAT VALKYRIE!!! Those are how Lego wings SHOULD be designed! Amazing work, as always.

2 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Those are how Lego wings SHOULD be designed!

Well, personally, I'd still like to see some wings like these from Lego...

BonnetGirl_E_fin_web.jpg

...and a winged helmet like that too! :excited:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @Robert8, I noticed you haven't published public Flickr images for this Series yet. Is it already due to Flickr's 1000 free photo limit? :shrug_confused:

Say, are these two utilizing new/nonexistent colors? I don't seem to recognize their base colors in particular. 

I do hope we'll be seeing actual Superhero/Superheroine CMFs in future Series as counterpart to the Supervillain! :sweet:

- I just forgot to post them on Flickr. Im nowhere near the 1000 photos yet, but once I reach that amount, I'll just create another one. Like Robert8 2.0 or something

- I dont follow LEGO's color palette because Im too lazy for that. That takes some extra time and it doesnt worth it. If these become real, they would need to be "translated" into LEGO's color palette.

- Superheroine yes. But Superhero hmmm I dont know. Maybe

3 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Do I hear Wagner? Because that Valkyrie is EPIC!!!

Thank you so much Eggy :classic:

1 hour ago, Drew15 said:

I agree 100%

Roberto! When will the next series come out? I really appreciate this thread and how amazing it is turning out to be! 

June 2019 - Series O

August 2019 - Series P

October 2019 - Series Q

December 2019 - Advent Calendar

Thats the schedule for this year. Thanks for your interest

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmm you know what... Your right. maybe dark red would have been worked better. 

44 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Stellar series, Robert, simply stellar! I especially love the Adventurer, the Robot Kid, the Writer, the Clown Girl, the Circus Acrobat, and OMG THAT VALKYRIE!!! Those are how Lego wings SHOULD be designed! Amazing work, as always.

Thank you Darrell 

Those wings will reappear several times. Actually, they will return in Series O

10 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

The Loch Monster Guy has a perfect expression for his alternate face,

Thanks. I took me a while to make that face. The idea is that he is about to burst out laughing because he tricking everyone into thinking there is a monster in the lake

Edited by Robert8

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Superheroine yes. But Superhero hmmm I dont know. Maybe

Huh, alright! :classic:

Will the Superheroine be more of a counterpart to the Super Kid trick-or-treater, as opposed to an outright comic book archetype? :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Those wings will reappear several times. Actually, they will return in Series O

Oooooh, intriguing... :thumbup: :smug:

I'm sure I've said this before, @Robert8, but I wish you were in charge of the actual collectible minis.* The only one of these I don't think I'd be excited to get is the Tae Kwon Do fighter, and even then, her trophy has a really cool design. The tan skull for the expy of Poe is so obvious that it makes me wonder why TLG hasn't done it already to represent a weathered old skull. The Acrobat's hairpiece is superb, and overall there are just so many different takes on cultural, historical, mythological, and holiday-related characters that I'm giddy with delight!

* Although maybe in that alternate universe, someone else would be doing this and coming up with the designs we actually have in this universe, and we'd be just as thrilled and wistful...anyway...

I must say, the turnout and response from EB for this Series seems a bit more underwhelming than it has with previous Series. :look: