Duncan Young

Accuracy of Civil War sets?

Nice customs agoodfella! I love that panther. Speaking of spidey, how much detail do you guys think that LEGO is gonna miss? (unless of course they put the guy who designed the bridge battle on the 4th civil war set, because that set nails the minifigs in terms of detail and portrayal)

Nice customs agoodfella! I love that panther. Speaking of spidey, how much detail do you guys think that LEGO is gonna miss? (unless of course they put the guy who designed the bridge battle on the 4th civil war set, because that set nails the minifigs in terms of detail and portrayal)

I have high hopes, but to do it right, it should be printed arms / legs. The Silver Centurion figure shows us that LEGO can produce amazing coverage on a fig now...

Crossbones Heist: 25% accuracy:

The van (there is a van, just not the one we got) or bike is not used, but the chemicals do. Also Widow does not have her costume, however Crossbones is pretty spot on. People complain about his mask, but he kind of does have yellow lenses and a gas mask at the start of the scene

A bike is used very briefly by Black Widow at the start of this scene if I remember correctly so I'm assuming that's why they included a bike in the set - albeit a different bike. And then later on in the scene as it unfolds the bike is used again.

I was glad to see Crossbones properly and can completely understand why Lego went down the route they did though like you've described him! I personally display him without the gasmask piece but thought he looked cool in the film with the whole get up on! Brilliant film :).

Yeah, I can pretty much guess that not many of these sets actually happened, except for the Airport Battle. Lego hasn't been known to make very movie accurate sets in Superheroes lines. *Cough* The entire Iron Man 3 wave *Cough*

On a slightly unrelated note, the movie good? I'm seeing it anyway if it isn't , but is the movie a solid MCU movie?

It was awesome. My local theatre was playing it a day early and I thought it was one of the best Marvel movies to date. Way better than AoU and frankly imo better than WS. The airport set is pretty accurate the others, not so much but everything represented besides the truck appeared in the film, just not necessarily as accurate looking or in those specific scenes.

I have high hopes, but to do it right, it should be printed arms / legs. The Silver Centurion figure shows us that LEGO can produce amazing coverage on a fig now...

Unfortunately that amount of printing isn't going to be the norm anytime soon, it's just too expensive. If every fig in a set had that amount of printing, there wouldn't be any budget left for parts.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new top-of-the-line Spidey though, and as you say it is certainly possible for them to make one. If they do make one they would probably be accused of putting a killer fig in a weak set to exploit us poor AFOLs... :laugh:

Unfortunately that amount of printing isn't going to be the norm anytime soon, it's just too expensive. If every fig in a set had that amount of printing, there wouldn't be any budget left for parts.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new top-of-the-line Spidey though, and as you say it is certainly possible for them to make one. If they do make one they would probably be accused of putting a killer fig in a weak set to exploit us poor AFOLs... :laugh:

As a customizer, I can tell you that there is PLENTY of room to have arm / leg printing and have more than enough profit left over. And this is from someone who does micro scale printing on a relative bases to a hyper mass producer like TLG.

This argument only works for small scale printers (like my other fellow customizers) who are printing 50, maybe 100 figs at a time. By the time you have scaled to Lego's size, the additional effort / ink to print on arms is marginal. It's a marketing tactic pure and simple.

Figs like the Silver Centurion are absolutely doable on a large scale, but its really differentiation and exclusivity that they are positioning.

I'm just passing along what a LEGO designer told some of the participants at the EB event a few weeks back, do with the info as you wish.

Now that I've seen the movie and can delve into this thread, I can say with regards to any inaccuracies: I don't care. :tongue: We only get a brief glimpse of Black Panther's jet, and it doesn't appear in the scene depicted in the set? So what, that jet's still an awesome build. And I love the purple accents, so I don't really care that the jet appears to be just black and silver in the film. I also think the truck in the Crossbones set is more visually interesting than the truck(s) from that actual scene.

Yeah. I think that Lego had taken the kinda dull and serious source material and then added their own twists to it. Speaking of sets, do you know what the 4th set is based on and what the parts look like? Especially our favorite character that won't shut up during a fight (or a guy that needs to be carbon dated)?

Anyone got a better hair piece for Black Widow??

Try the Princess hair in dark orange, it looks similar to her Civil War hairstyle.

Try the Princess hair in dark orange, it looks similar to her Civil War hairstyle.

Which princess hair?

Which princess hair?

Brickset just calls it "Princess Hair" (59363), it's been used for Hermione in HP and Marion in Indiana Jones, albeit in other colours. Still, given that Black Widow seems to have a different hairstyle in every movie, it really boils down to whatever you think captures the character best.

I finally understand the Giant Antman in the Airport Battle Set.

I'm not sure how I missed that info.

Not much of a spoiler.....

Do not bother waiting for the scene at the end of the credits.

It just shows Peter Parker and Aunt May at home.

So yet another Spiderman reboot is in the works. :thumbdown:

Edited by Venunder

Agent 13's hair in the set matches black widows almost exactly in the movie. If it was in the right colour of course.

So I watched civil war yesterday and here's what I think: *NOTE: LATER IF YOU WANT ILL POST PICS OF MY MODS*

Crossbones' hazard hiest:

Pretty ok. bike and black widow are excellent for AoU collection but not for civil war, the "jeep" is surprisingly slightly accurate, as I thought there would be no such vehicle in the movie. crossbones does use the turret on the truck too, it's bulkier in the back, it's enclosed, has a door in the middle on the back and carries troops. I would redesign the front fascia though as it doesn't look like a jeep and has armored headlights, grille, and windshield. Also I would put doors on. leave the crossbones sticker off as it isn't there.

figures:

crossbones: leave the gas mask on and get rid of the flame thrower. I would recommend putting part 88811 on the hands.

Black widow: get rid of her entirely except the face, put the original Avengers body on her, I would put part 90396 on her, but until we get a reddish brown color, I put part 59363 in reddish brown on her. Also give her two black part 62885 pistols.

Falcon: get rid of the alien conquest guns and give him two part 62885 pistols as well. get rid of the tile on his back and put part 44675 in light bluish gray.

Black Panther Pursuit:

Pretty cool. jet is really cool, no changes, Truck however is a different story, keep it for now, but I wish a car moccer would make a 6-wide Audi Q7 so you could get rid of it entirely. Motorcycle, cool but I would use black widows motorcycle without stickers from AoU. Also multiple 6-wide Audi A4s would be cool to chase them but I personally want the Audi Q7 cap drives.

figures:

Black panther: awesome, I would add claws, not wolverine claws though.

Winter soldier: cool, I would switch out the face for Poe Dameron though.

Captain America: just change the head to the one with the helmet on, and add the dark red shield.

Super Hero Airport Battle:

Awesome and Very, Very accurate, very pleased. the quinjet is awesome except for the atrocious play feature. I modded it out and will have pictures up later on how I did it. I would get the hangar from the upcoming Airport Air Show set from the city line to store the quinjet in. the traffic control tower is 100% accurate to the movie which surprised me, as I thought it would be a background piece and nothing more.

figures:

Giant-Man/Ant-Man: Awesome! I did mod Giant-Man so you wouldn't see the holes on the sides of the legs, and the light bluish gray on the bottom of the feet. I also modded the helmet with more light bluish gray so that it's more accurate to his suit. Ant-man is my favorite nano-figure to date!

Iron Man mk46: I love Iron Man, so I love when Lego takes the extra mile to make a completely new suit for each iteration, although Lego was lazy with this one. So I kept only the base helmet piece, the hips, and the torso. I replaced the leg pieces and face mask with the ones from the mk45 armor. I also replaced the face with the wounded silver centurion face, for an unmasked version of him, I would recommend either Part 23186 or part 62810 in black.

Captain America: captain America really bothers me with the red on his chest and back, Lego could have saved money by not printing the red since the base color is dark blue! it also bothers me that he is smiling! He is going to fight his friend! just lazy on Lego's part. I would btw replace his shield wth the dark red one.

Winter soldier: see Black panther pursuit

Scarlet witch: perfect, just replace the trans pink disks with trans red disks as it better represents her power color.

War Machine mk3: the baton is stupid, but I have no clue what to replace it with, if anyone knows if there is a custom baton out there I can buy, let me know. I made the shoulder gun like on iron patriot.

Sharon carter: perfect, though I would give winter soldier her gun.

Here is my Flickr, I posted most of the mods I made to my CW sets: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/142164549@N02/ ignore the hulk cage pic as I'm trying to Moc that and also ignore my faves as I'm trying to Moc the truck ultron and Captian America fight on in AoU (it's going to be a challenge as the person who made it never made a LDD or instructions, so good luck to me)

Edited by Enforcer Zer0

[...]

Black widow: get rid of her entirely except the face, put the original Avengers body on her, I would put part 90396 on her, but until we get a reddish brown color, I put part 59363 in reddish brown on her.

Wow, I totally agree with nearly all your points. Personally, I think a (theoretical) Dark Orange version would work best for Widow, but it doesn't exist either. I'm going to order Intergalactic Girl's hairpiece from Bricklink for Agent 13, because I think the current one is just too dark for her. It might be too wavy too, but I'd still like to test it.