just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I will be glad if there will be a Vanellope and Walt Disney minifigures in this series. If there is Peter Pan and Captain Hook, why there is no Tinkerbell?

Anna and Elsa will be great as normal minifigures, not minidolls.

The only Disney characters will be excluded in this series are anyone from Toy Story, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean especially Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa, and Davy Jones, and The Lone Ranger which they already made in sets.

Edited by legofanatic12

I'd expect Woody and Buzz, since the Toy Story movies would be the best way to represent Pixar, and the sets are no longer on the market. But the live-action movies...no. The only live-action character I could see them making is Mary Poppins, but the rest will likely be animated.

Well.... quote my own words from other thread. I believed that these are also mentioned previously.

1) No characters that would better fit in different types of figures (animal figures, large action figures... etc).

2) No characters that belong to Disney Princess range, excluding Disney Villains.

3) No characters that appear in a recent movie franchise or have a chance to return in a future sequel so that LEGO could make them in regular sets. (The Incredibles, Toy Story gang... etc.

I will be glad if there will be a Vanellope and Walt Disney minifigures in this series. If there is Peter Pan and Captain Hook, why there is no Tinkerbell?

Anna and Elsa will be great as normal minifigures, not minidolls.

The only Disney characters will be excluded in this series are anyone from Toy Story, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean especially Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa, and Davy Jones, and The Lone Ranger which they already made in sets.

I'm not so sure about Toy Story or Pirates of the Caribbean, given their popularity. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and The Lone Ranger are surely out, though.

So we still don't know if the heads will be molded or regular minifig heads? I was just looking at some of the pics for the new duplo sets and they have a molded heads for Mickey and Minnie instead of the regular size duplo heads, unless these sets have been out before & I've just never seen them. :shrug_confused: Maybe we will get molded heads for this series... :sceptic:

I wonder if this series will have a bigger pamphlet than usual

Just a random thought :classic:

I personally think that the color will not be grey. It seems like LEGO uses that as a neutral color to keep everybody guessing until the reveal or until it has leaked.

I would hope so, but the S15 placeholder image shows orange packaging...

Because the S15 color is already revealed for being the next series. We are closer to the release date

Look at this: The Simpsons series 1 has the right color and the S12 has the gray color. Both of them are placeholders. The Simpsons series was the next one, so it has the right color.

tn_TF14_Minifigures_03.jpg

That box would have a special artwork if that's the actual color (even if that's a placeholder), like the Simpsons S1 in that picture

Edited by Robert8

Because the S15 color is already revealed for being the next series. We are closer to the release date

Look at this: The Simpsons series 1 has the right color and the S12 has the gray color. Both of them are placeholders. The Simpsons series was the next one, so it has the right color.

That box would have a special artwork if that's the actual color (even if that's a placeholder), like the Simpsons S1 in that picture

Not necessarily. They had already announced the Simpsons House by then. Also -

4KMyxXh.png

This is a "secret surprise" as it's mentioned on every single foreign retailer site.

I imagine the packaging will be specific to the theme. I really expect Lego to push this. Disney could be a major money maker and I expect it to be strongly marketed and the packaging to be distinctive and eye catching.