just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

But Peter Pan rights don't belong to Disney, they belong to the Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Does that mean double license?

Could we expect a higher price on these?

(If that's the case I want Cap. Hook :cry_happy: )

Edited by Robert8

If they were gunna use Scooby's mold, they wouldn't change the tail. A new head on the other hand would be perfectly plausible, considering Scoob's is a separate piece.

I doubt they'll do just classic, though. A mix of new and old is what I'd guess, considering they always like to push their current franchises. In that sense, it seems as though even classic characters aren't half as likely unless they're in some current media as well. They've done quite well with their Tinker Bell movies as far as I can tell (they keep making them...) and apparently they're making another live action Pan film, so those two seem pretty likely.

With the Beauty & the Beast film coming in a year or two, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of them in this series or if they have a second series... Then again, they'll probably just do a couple of Princess sets for that. They haven't done Beauty & the Beast at all, and it's one of the more popular princess movies, so maybe they've just been waiting for this live one...

I can't understand why they cast a british girl as Belle instead of a real French Girl.

I can't understand why they cast a british girl as Belle instead of a real French Girl.

Because Emma Watson is beautiful and perfect in every way that's why

I feel like it'd only be right if Mickey came with a pluto accessory.

Welcome to EB! :classic: I also think that Pluto would be best as an accessory like Santa's Little Helper. He's not big enough to warrant his own CMF pack. And he wont be a minifigure unless these are indeed all just people in costumes which I doubt since that would be pretty weird. I think he will be a single new mold since the Scooby-Doo mold is too inaccurate for him (although a turnable head like Scooby's would be pretty neat).

As for a tie-in set, I don't think it will happen, at least not for this wave. We probably would have heard rumors of one by now. But maybe when you wish upon a star...

:grin:

But Peter Pan rights doesn't belong to Disney, they belong to the Great Ormond Street Hospital. Does that mean double license? Could we expect a higher price on these?

I'm pretty sure Disney has the rights to market their version of Peter Pan however they like. I hope that these CMF wont cost more than the Simpsons ones, but if they do, I highly doubt that this would be the reason.

Because Emma Watson is beautiful and perfect in every way that's why

This. Besides, it's not like the original Belle was played by a French actress... But this is getting off topic.

Finally some new rumors about the Disney series. If Peter Pan is in fact in this series it pretty much confirms there will be at least some classic movies included. Here are my new guesses:

1. peter pan with tinkerbell as accessory maybe a knife.

2. Hook, maybe with a clock or a baby crocodile (reference to one of the tinkerbell movies since a full sized crocodile won't happen)

3. Alice, don't know yet what her accessory will be

4. Mad hatter (hat mold later used for DC) a thea cup as accessory (maybe even with mouse in it)

5. Mickey mouse with Pluto as accessory

6. Goofy (Idk what kind of accessory, maybe a picture of him and max)

7. Donald duck (also no clue for a accessory)

8. Minnie mouse with a Figaro accessory

9. Lilo with a camera and a picture of her family or the fat ice cream man

10. Stitch with or a blaster or a book about the ugly duckling

11. Pinocchio and jiminy cricket as accessory

12. Winnie the pooh with hunny put (real live movie coming out in the future I believe)

13. Tiger with same tail as scratchy, would like too see roo or piglet as accessory, but a normal piglet figure would be more fun.

14. Snow white and bird

15. The evil stepmother from snow white (old lady version) with apple. This was a hard choice, a dwarf wouldn't work cause you can't have 1 without the other 6, and prince charming was a little boring.

16. Scrooge McDuck with his lucky dime (maybe in it's case). (this character is just number 1 on my wish list and I had to put him on here)

So here you have it, 16 figures with (most of them) a big chance of happening. I've selected this characters based on popularity, face of Disney (main characters actually), upcoming events and the first few Disney movies created.

Those seem like good choices. If we don't get the old hag Evil Queen, I will be very disappointed. She'd be a little boring, though, since her robe has virtually no detail, I'd love a new apple piece that could attach to studs. Pinocchio is one of my favorite characters, so he'd be great.

I don't know if Alice/Hatter will be there (although I'd really love it). If the MH does appear, it might be a stretch for his hat/hair to be reused for DC's Hatter.

I'm thinking that due to the exaggerated cartoon style of the characters, they'll likely have molded heads akin to the Simpsons. The Old Hag's hair, hood, and nose would be nearly impossible to replicate with standard parts. Same goes for Pinocchio and Capt. Hook.

3. Alice could have a small vial and/or cake for when she shrinks and grows!

5. I still think Pluto would be too big. Can you imagine how big the bag would be? Just think if Scooby and Shaggy came in a bag together but Shaggy has a big molded mouse head :grin:

7. Donald Duck...hm..maybe the punching glove piece in white to represent when he gets angry? :laugh: Idk, some figs don't come with accessories and given how many molds this theme may require, I think Donald would be item-less.

3. Alice could have a small vial and/or cake for when she shrinks and grows!

I love that idea.

About Pluto, I don't really mind if he will be a little smaller, just really want the figure (unless we'll get sets which includes a bigger Pluto of course).

I love that idea.

About Pluto, I don't really mind if he will be a little smaller, just really want the figure (unless we'll get sets which includes a bigger Pluto of course).

Maybe a puppy version with Mickey and then he can get his own bigger fig later on?

Finally some new rumors about the Disney series. If Peter Pan is in fact in this series it pretty much confirms there will be at least some classic movies included. Here are my new guesses:

1. peter pan with tinkerbell as accessory maybe a knife.

2. Hook, maybe with a clock or a baby crocodile (reference to one of the tinkerbell movies since a full sized crocodile won't happen)

4. Mad hatter (hat mold later used for DC) a thea cup as accessory (maybe even with mouse in it)

6. Goofy (Idk what kind of accessory, maybe a picture of him and max)

8. Minnie mouse with a Figaro accessory

9. Lilo with a camera and a picture of her family or the fat ice cream man

10. Stitch with or a blaster or a book about the ugly duckling

11. Pinocchio and jiminy cricket as accessory

12. Winnie the pooh with hunny put (real live movie coming out in the future I believe)

13. Tiger with same tail as scratchy, would like too see roo or piglet as accessory, but a normal piglet figure would be more fun.

14. Snow white and bird

15. The evil stepmother from snow white (old lady version) with apple. This was a hard choice, a dwarf wouldn't work cause you can't have 1 without the other 6, and prince charming was a little boring.

16. Scrooge McDuck with his lucky dime (maybe in it's case). (this character is just number 1 on my wish list and I had to put him on here)

So here you have it, 16 figures with (most of them) a big chance of happening. I've selected this characters based on popularity, face of Disney (main characters actually), upcoming events and the first few Disney movies created.

Prince Florian actually.

But Peter Pan rights doesn't belong to Disney, they belong to the Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Does that mean double license?

I don't think so. The story itself is in the public domain now in several territories including America. Disney holds copyright to it's specific version of the characters and story, so I assume Disney is the only entity that TLG needs a license from.

As for molded heads: For Mickey, Donald, etc. who have specifically shaped heads, that would make sense... For human characters, like the hag version of the evil queen? No way. Humans characters will (or at least should) get normal heads. Only exception I can think of is in such a case as Phineas and Ferb, where, again, they have very specific, abnormal head shapes. Not that I expect to get them--most definitely not within the first wave, as their show is over or at least in decline (I honestly dunno).

I don't think so. The story itself is in the public domain now in several territories including America. Disney holds copyright to it's specific version of the characters and story, so I assume Disney is the only entity that TLG needs a license from.

I hope you're right.

I thought about this because I know ABC's Once Upon a Time had some troubles getting the rights for using the Peter Pan characters in season 3. And ABC belongs to Disney.

But this way off-topic :grin:

----

Cool list, Huigberts Builds. But I don't think there will be more than 1 character per movie.

I'd include The Little Mermaid and The Beauty and the Beast characters there

I don't know the history of the Disney Princess minidoll line, but I really hope that it doesn't mean that the Princess and related characters, particularly their villains, cannot be released in minifigure format.

It's discussed before, we're willing to see LEGO do minifigures for them, but the question is whether CMF series is a legit chance for repetitive characters or not. Mickey and Peter Pan's Duplo figures were a very different scale so they don't matter too much.

Junior sets are rumored to be a possible place for princess minifigures. But that's not ensured at this point.

As for the undone princess's or heroins mentioned above (Snow White, etc), it could be that Princess line will keep them from the CMF series. However the 2016 list of Princess sets didn't clearly say if it'll have any new franchise.

But Peter Pan rights don't belong to Disney, they belong to the Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Not knowing why, did Duplo end that case? At least it should work for LEGO. Edited by Dorayaki

Will there be Star Wars and Marvel minifigures in this series?

Definitely not

Too bad :sceptic: Guess we'll have to wait for that!

You'll wait for a long time. Minifigure series for SW and Super Heroes count as action figures under the licensing policy, and for whatever reason, cannot happen.

You'll wait for a long time. Minifigure series for SW and Super Heroes count as action figures under the licensing policy, and for whatever reason, cannot happen.

Wouldn't people just buy the minifig packs and not the actual sets? Minifigs are the selling point, right? :tongue:

What are the chances of getting Moana in this series? :look:

The chances for the first wave are very slim since her movie doesn't come out till likely after the series is out. But if it continues and isn't just a one time thing, we could see her. We may even see her in a Disney princess set. Scratch that, Lego seems to hate the non-white princesses :grin: I hope we can get Mulan in this series eventually.

Scratch that, Lego seems to hate the non-white princesses :grin: I hope we can get Mulan in this series eventually.

jasmine.png?l.r2=1093232028

-snip-

Ah yes, I forgot about Jasmine! :grin: Still a shame Pocahontas or Tiana haven't shown up yet.