Derek

Lego magazine Nov-Dec '07

Wow finally a city set that is awsome X-D

Tks for the news guys !! This heli seems splendid and so much better than the other rescue copter IMO

Yeay a really sweet raft and a shark !! Splendid, dark bley shark ON !!

My only interrogation concerns the taxt in bright yellow "stars" ;-) Any ideas ?? New feature ?

Can't wait for that baby :-P

*yoda*

This set is alot nicer than the 2007 one, it maybe blocky yet it has a lot of character alot more than some other city sets. This will fit in great with the rest of my collection! thanks for pic! ;-)

Hmmm, at first glance it looks nice, but I'm not that excited about this one..

The <insert that tiresome argument> plane tail.. And the colours remind me of that hideous Jack Stone!

I'd need to see it in high quality before I can judge.

Although I do think this set has train building potential(and I'm not even a train-boy..)!

We'll see!

What a cool raft. Don't know about the copter, but I'd like to have that raft on my desk... and I never do that with sets!!!

God Bless,

Nathan

im probaply not going to get this

not because i dont like it

but simply because i have this one

and i think they look a bit similar.

Well, I'm like Argotic, I think that new copter looks better than the 7903. The design is more fluid, even if the general look is more blocky. I mean, in the ambulance helicpoter, it seems that the designers puts all the "curved" pieces that they had in stock. This design lakes some coherence. And the proportions are not so good, with too big tailwings...

The new one looks more realistic in its design...

And the raft is so nice!

And the shark! Great! All those pirates molds that came back to a second life... (after the castle ship and its skeleton captain...)

That's a very nice set!

Very well constructed and not too big!

I only hope that it won't exclusively be released from Toys RUS but even be available in "normal" toy stores in Germany because I of course would like to buy it!

Just got the latest magazine in the UK. Second last page had a blacked out figure of the Indy figure promising to reveal more in the next magazine. Also on the last page was an advertisement for Bionicle with the words "The Final Battle Begins January 2008". Could next year be the final year for Bionicle. Sorry can show any pictures as I don't have the means to.

The final battle of the current storyline, more like it. Ambassadors and AFOLs have cooperated with LEGO and written a full storyline for Bionicle well into 2010.

A for the helicopter, I'll reserve judgement 'til I can see its design properly. I am intrigued by its nose-piece, because it reminds me of the nose used on the Euro Express and that yellow low-rider high-speed train. The liferaft is cool, and the shark is a neat detail that I wouldn't have expected. Nice to see its comeback. *y*

I am pretty sure I'm not gonna get that because that thing is hideous!

Based on what I've seen, I think it looks great. I've been sort of let down by LEGO's persistence at making small price point, one man helicopters, so to see a rescue chopper more reminiscent of the Sea King or Cormorant is refreshing.

...but I still need to see if the price is reasonable, perhaps in the $30 - $40 range.

I don't know if this set means there will be more coast/off-coast theme sets for us in the future.

My guess, based on current trends and piece count, is that this will occupy the $39.99 USD price-point range in the States, though it might be a bit more if there's a motor included. As for the Coast Guard theme, there have been lists circulating on the NET about such a theme. Rumors at this point, but this picture lends some credibility:

• Coast Guard Quad Bike
  • Coast Guard 4WD & Jet Scooter
  • Coast Guard Helicopter & Life Raft
  • Coast Guard Patrol Boat & Tower
  • Coast Guard Kayak
  • Coast Guard Truck with Speed Boat

Edited by Draykov

Based on what I've seen, I think it looks great. I've been sort of let down by LEGO's persistence at making small price point, one man helicopters, so to see a rescue chopper more reminiscent of the Sea King or Cormorant is refreshing.

Those are great pics draykov, thank you *wub* Can't wait to get my hands on this one, like a dream come true. *wub*

I was going to post this myself, but my access to the computer was momentairly delayed, so you guys beat me to it. :-P

Anyway, this looks pretty nice. The color scheme is a bit weird and once again they used the big airplane tail part, but it still is a pretty nice set (life raft and the shark are nice additions. :-) ). I dissagree with Yoda about the old helecopter, though: I seriously think that is the best lego helecopter ever designed. *wub*

...though: I seriously think that is the best lego helecopter ever designed. *wub*

Not to take it too far off topic, but I'd have to say that honor goes to Black Thunder. ;-)

Er, I meant minifig scale, not Maxifig. 8-| :-P

To me the Rescue Helecopter of 2006 really nailed everything. Great color scheme, modern and sleek design, lots of features and detail, awesome rotor blades and landing gear, etc. This new helecopter is cool as well, but I think the color scheme and the juniorization of the tail kinda brings it down a bit for me. :-/

Edited by Grevious

I quite like this chopper in terms of minifig scale: http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=6462-1

Although its unrealistic in some terms, it was quite functional for its use, but I have to admit this might take a new high spot in design of choppers.

And im not sure if this is posted, but isnt the windscreen an old part, not new? have a look: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2826

Not sure if this is posted either, but the front cap also looks like this, also old, part:http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2916

Not new parts as some suggested :-$

Looks like an ace set.

Edited by Brickmaster

My friend got the mag too, he said there was a new batman set, the BatRail. Unfortunatlely, he was dumb enough to leave it at his dad's house. Can someone check if it exists, and maybe take a pic? It sounds interesting.

My friend got the mag too, he said there was a new batman set, the BatRail. Unfortunatlely, he was dumb enough to leave it at his dad's house. Can someone check if it exists, and maybe take a pic? It sounds interesting.

nah...batrail is an alternative model using parts from the battank and the batcopter. you can get the instructions from lego.com. just key in batrail as the secret code.