CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

I got a little fold-out pamphlet advertising "come see the castle at your store aaa"

Anyone else?

I received that today too.

Will be there when the Lego store opens to pick one of these up on Wednesday, but not digging the number of 'stone' pattern stickers. I don't have an issue with or applying stickers, but have always felt the fewer needed on the front of a model the better such as the GBHQ which albeit had a lot of stickers, only needed 4 small ones on the front garage door area. This has 12 rather large ones that appear destined for the front of the castle.

I got a little fold-out pamphlet advertising "come see the castle at your store aaa"

Anyone else?

I got one.

Does anyone know how tall and wide this set is yet? Never mind, see its in one photos. Nice to see some more photos that are taken closer in and show more details.

Edited by sunhuntin

Review

http://www.promobric...h-details/18782

Call me crazy, but I think they mixed up the Little Mermaid and Cinderella in this picture ↑ ↑ ↑

*oh2* *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

Or they added the pumpkin from Cinderella into the kitchen from "The Little Mermaid" in an odd mixture of the two.

So it would seem Cinderella isn't good enough friends with Mulan or Pocahontas to give them easter eggs :tongue: I really hope that doesn't nix my chance for a Mulan fig in the second wave.

lego-disney-castle-71040-review5.jpg

Well... now I need to bricklink a little red crab for that kitchen (I would never have picked that, and we just watched The Little Mermaid the other day).

Well... now I need to bricklink a little red crab for that kitchen (I would never have picked that, and we just watched The Little Mermaid the other day).

Me either. I saw the pumpkin and just thought it was Cinderella's kitchen, especially since it's Cinderella's Castle.

It does seem strange that The Little Mermaid has a pumpkin in the kitchen .. I'm not disputing the pictures on the box .. but I think most of us assumed it was Cinderella's kitchen .. perhaps a pan with fish in it from the Les Poisonns song would have helped ?

Tomorrow is the day here in the UK ^_^

Just join to say how excited I am about this set! Grew up playing with Lego and then I went like 10+ years without building anything until Lego Dimensions came out. Huge Disney fan though so the moment I saw this, I knew I had to get it!

Does anybody know if/when it will come out for VIP's in the US? Hoping it is on the 17th like it is for the UK!

Just join to say how excited I am about this set! Grew up playing with Lego and then I went like 10+ years without building anything until Lego Dimensions came out. Huge Disney fan though so the moment I saw this, I knew I had to get it!

Does anybody know if/when it will come out for VIP's in the US? Hoping it is on the 17th like it is for the UK!

Indeed it is! And welcome!

I noticed another mistake in the artbox.

The picture they used for the Sleeping Beauty doesn't belong to the actual movie. As you can see here, Maleficent wasn't physically there when Aurora touched the spindle

I did a litlle research and it seems this picture is not an official artwork released by disney. So it's probably fan made

Maleficent-sleeping-beauty.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I think they used a fanart in the box!

Mr Mouse will be so happy about this!

Edited by Robert8

Indeed it is! And welcome!

Thanks! Debating on when I should head to bed then. Don't want this to sell out while I am sleeping. Was hoping for a 12am release but it's not up yet.

Thanks! Debating on when I should head to bed then. Don't want this to sell out while I am sleeping. Was hoping for a 12am release but it's not up yet.

I noticed another mistake in the artbox.

The picture they used for the Sleeping Beauty doesn't belong to the actual movie. As you can see here, Maleficent wasn't physically there when Aurora touched the spindle

I did a litlle research and it seems this picture is not an official artwork released by disney. So it's probably fan made

Maleficent-sleeping-beauty.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I think they used a fanart in the box!

Mr Mouse will be so happy about this!

I don't think this is fan art. Or do you have any proof for this except that you could not find it in the movie? Because there are a lot of other pictures available normally. For example, my little girls have childrens books of some disney movies and there are always a lot of pictures inside. These are not necessarily from the movie. Sometimes I think they made special renderings for additional merchandising or something similar. But again, I don't have any proof for this. This is just what I think.

@All: Available in Germany since about an hour or so. Do you think it will sell out fast? Because I actually wanted to wait buying it until there is some sale event like double VIP points or at least a nice polybag with it.

Gonna have to wait until I get back from visiting Disney World in 2 weeks to get this, but I'm excited all the same! I've seen a review video on Brickshow and it's 100% confirmed the target practice is for Merida and the small pieces are cinnamon buns and not logs lol! Re-visiting my thoughts about the mini dolls earlier.

Just ordered mine. Worryingly for my bank account, it probably won't be the last copy I buy. Love WDW (even in its current woeful condition) and it's always been a goal to do a decent minifig scale Cinderella Castle. I really like the Lego set and it provides a excellent jumping off point for something closer to the real deal. Now to explain this to my wife :blush:

Edited by Oafley Jones