CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

I think the only thing that bugs me about the set is that there are so many references and nods to all the Disney Princesses but none of them are in minifigure form (I'm sorry but I don't care about the Disney Princess Minidoll line) Like the Princesses from the CMF Series are Alice and Ariel both of who don't have anything references (That we can see so far) in the castle.

Thanks to Lego-Freak, close-ups:

*snip*

Sci already posted that yesterday. :wink:

Edited by Captain Nemo
Link Removed

@J4ck: I think you should remove the link since the pictures are still unofficial, at least until tomorrow :wink:

How do I do the spoiler thing

How do I do the spoiler thing

You don't need it for this thread but for the future it's -

[ spoiler ]

stuff stuff stuff

[ /spoiler]

no spaces for the spoiler stuff

Guys please do not post links to leaked pictures here. Or the leaked pictures themselves.

We are basically down to mere hours until the press release anyways; Patience is a virtue. :thumbup:

Guys please do not post links to leaked pictures here. Or the leaked pictures themselves.

We are basically down to mere hours until the press release anyways; Patience is a virtue. :thumbup:

Ok them sorry :sad:

You don't need it for this thread but for the future it's -

[ spoiler ]

stuff stuff stuff

[ /spoiler]

no spaces for the spoiler stuff

Thanks!

Sorry for being off topic, loving the castle anyway wish my budget could afford it though, but how does that thumbs up work considering the physiology of a minifigure? Really sorry if this inconvenienced you

... but how does that thumbs up work considering the physiology of a minifigure?...

Look again, Duncan. It's not a thumb, it's a little yellow rubber ducky.

As a big Disney fan who's been to the park many times, I actually appreciate the "official theme" nature of the set and am not concerned with the number of minifigs in it (though I figure Goofy would have been a no brainer as my personal fav). The interior is great and if I can nitpick on the exterior: Those walls at the bottom third, I really dislike the use of the huge gray wall panels with the few "brick block" accents. I really wanted that to be individual bricks. If you look at the actual castle, the brick blocks give the structure so much character. Further, there is some interesting architecture in those bricks in that when they were building the castle, they used larger bricks at the bottom and tapered to smaller bricks on the way up. This was to give the illusion that the castle was "larger/taller" than it really was. I get that Lego cannot do "tapered" bricks, but I might have to figure out how to mod that and do individual bricks instead.

I wonder if Lego did some color comparisons with the top and decided the tan was better looking than using the same color as the bottom part of the set. Interior is awesome. Also looks like a lot of stickers in this one. Will be a fun build for the family I'm sure.

Look again, Duncan. It's not a thumb, it's a little yellow rubber ducky.

I thought it was a bigfig hand.

That's not the press release, those are just the leaked pics

That link was already posted, and a mod had to remove it.

Idk if anyone has said this, but the references in the castle I feel, are there to completely hint a new Minifigure line. Also, my opinion on Cinderella not being in the set is one its based on the theme park second they won't put Cinderella in both a Minifigure series and a set. I think the next series would have her strictly so people can have her without paying 350 for one figure.

Idk if anyone has said this, but the references in the castle I feel, are there to completely hint a new Minifigure line. Also, my opinion on Cinderella not being in the set is one its based on the theme park second they won't put Cinderella in both a Minifigure series and a set. I think the next series would have her strictly so people can have her without paying 350 for one figure.

Everyone is saying the next series isn't going to be out next year but in 2018 because of LBM and Ninjago CMF

Edited by J4ck

Everyone is saying the next series isn't going to be out next year but in 2018 because of LBM and Ninjago CMF

Maybe there won't be a Series 17 CMF?

How crazy would it be if the only CMF line in 2017 is 17 and there's only one a year from now on to coincide with the current year? You gotta admit, they're runnin out of ideas for new characters, and the online game just stopped. Maybe they're gonna just do mostly themed minifigs. Maybe a Lego movie wave, a Disney wave, a Simpsons wave and a CMF wave.

With all those references to characters we don't already have like Beauty, Beast, Cinderella, Snowy White, Sleeping Beauty etc. it's hard to believe they'd keep us waiting until 2018. CMF is one thing, but there's another option - Disney theme with regular retailer sets with minifigs instead of minidolls. And less pink :laugh:

It all depends on sales really.

Going back on topic, does anyone know what time is official reveal today?

With all those references to characters we don't already have like Beauty, Beast, Cinderella, Snowy White, Sleeping Beauty etc. it's hard to believe they'd keep us waiting until 2018. CMF is one thing, but there's another option - Disney theme with regular retailer sets with minifigs instead of minidolls. And less pink :laugh:

It all depends on sales really.

Going back on topic, does anyone know what time is official reveal today?

Lego set reveals are usually about between 2:00pm and 4:30pm on the official lego Facebook page

It was confirmed by just2good and CM4Sci that series 17 is coming out next year