Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

3 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

And it turns out Queen Halberd was really Ice Planet Female THE WHOLE TIME!!!

That would not really be surprising, to be honest.

7 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Cool, missed that part i guess.

Yeah me too! Can't wait :D

Here's some of my shots of Monstrox:

MonstroxMonstroxMonstrox

Cool. Is this from sort of season 3 promo? Looks like forbidden powers on his bracelet. I wonder what new tidbits will come out of the Book of Monstrux coming out later this year. 

12 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

Cool. Is this from sort of season 3 promo? Looks like forbidden powers on his bracelet. I wonder what new tidbits will come out of the Book of Monstrux coming out later this year. 

It's from the leaked first 5 season 3 episodes in Dutch

I figure this is as good a place as any and doesn't warrant its own thread.  Is there a list of set interconnectivity between sets anywhere for Nexo Knights? I've not been able to find one.  Example, Merlok's Library and Fortrexx, Infernox and Jestro's Evil Mobile, etc.  The reasons I ask is I noticed on Lance's Battle Suit (70366) that parts from his Twin Jouster (70348) could be attached.  I also noticed that the Black Knight mech has a bad guy base in the design style of Jestro's Volcano Lair but can't find anything about if there was an intended place to add it on.  I just got all the first year stuff over the past week (with the exception of some ultimates that got me into this theme) and have had a blast building.  Any help is appreciated!

Edited by Willworkfortoys

34 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I figure this is as good a place as any and doesn't warrant its own thread.  Is there a list of set interconnectivity between sets anywhere for Nexo Knights? I've not been able to find one.  Example, Merlok's Library and Fortrexx, Infernox and Jestro's Evil Mobile, etc.  The reasons I ask is I noticed on Lance's Battle Suit (70366) that parts from his Twin Jouster (70348) could be attached.  I also noticed that the Black Knight mech has a bad guy base in the design style of Jestro's Volcano Lair but can't find anything about if there was an intended place to add it on.  I just got all the first year stuff over the past week (with the exception of some ultimates that got me into this theme) and have had a blast building.  Any help is appreciated!

The small turret from the Black Knight Mech set unfortunately doesn't have any way to connect to Jestro's Volcano Lair—Mark Stafford apparently wanted to have it function as an expansion but budget constraints prevented it.

The majority of the knights' vehicles from this year's sets are compatible with the Battle Suits in some way, and can even be mixed and matched (so, for instance, you can attach the module from Lance's Twin Jouster to any battle suit, not just Lance's). The rear sections of Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster and Aaron's Stone Destroyer are similarly compatible with the battle suits, while the top section of any of the battle suits can be exchanged with the head of the robo-horse in Lance vs. Lightning to make a centaur-like mech.

1 hour ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Also, check Bricklink as they will typically note which set is relate to other sets such as the example you gave. Not sure how they will handle the Action sets for this year as I believe any of the Action sets can be connected to any of the part outs from the individual Nexo Knight sets.

Cool stuff @legozebra ! THanks for posting :-)

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The small turret from the Black Knight Mech set unfortunately doesn't have any way to connect to Jestro's Volcano Lair—Mark Stafford apparently wanted to have it function as an expansion but budget constraints prevented it.

Doesn't stop anyone from integrating it yourself right? 

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Thanks for the heads up, was this in a designer's notes or video somewhere?  Would be curious to see the remainder of the conversation.

3 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

Also, check Bricklink as they will typically note which set is relate to other sets such as the example you gave. Not sure how they will handle the Action sets for this year as I believe any of the Action sets can be connected to any of the part outs from the individual Nexo Knight sets.

Will do. Thanks!

2 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Doesn't stop anyone from integrating it yourself right? 

That is correct.  The studs should all still connect despite the designer's intended proposal.  :-)

27 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Thanks for the heads up, was this in a designer's notes or video somewhere?  Would be curious to see the remainder of the conversation.

It was mentioned in his Bricklist of sets he designed. In general Brickset's featured Bricklists can be a great insight into the design process behind sets.

Even though I am just getting back in to or in to Lego now I always view the sets that Lego produces as a starting poi.nt to springboard off of to make more to my own liking.

On another note - with the imminent release of the Knighton Castle we are finally getting some location sets that could be really fun. Up to this point there really have not been too many locations to explore in the Nexo world but I think from what I have seen of the new season there are definitely some possibilities that could arise. With the stone gargoyles they are all at various locations so it would be nice to continue to see Lego develop the Knighton world. I know we are not getting any of these in sets based on the current proposed set list but I do like they are expanding the world.

On 1/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, K_Tiger said:

Someone on 4Chan or Reddit posted that combo, but I can't seem to find it. I can second that it looked good, however.

Here's my best attempt at giving them show accurate hair, well as close to show accurate as I have hair pieces to do. 

20170110_104153_zpsorc99syl.jpg

On 1/8/2017 at 1:33 PM, makoy said:

70355 - Aaron's Rock Climber (€ 71.49)

I wonder what this would look like... would it have hands to climb rocks?

On 1/12/2017 at 11:30 AM, Lyichir said:

The majority of the knights' vehicles from this year's sets are compatible with the Battle Suits in some way, and can even be mixed and matched (so, for instance, you can attach the module from Lance's Twin Jouster to any battle suit, not just Lance's). The rear sections of Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster and Aaron's Stone Destroyer are similarly compatible with the battle suits, while the top section of any of the battle suits can be exchanged with the head of the robo-horse in Lance vs. Lightning to make a centaur-like mech.

Wow thanks for the headsup about the robo horse! It's currently being shipped to me along with axl's battle suit. Is that centaur feature shown in any promotional material or mentioned somewhere I've missed?

41 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Wow thanks for the headsup about the robo horse! It's currently being shipped to me along with axl's battle suit. Is that centaur feature shown in any promotional material or mentioned somewhere I've missed?

It's shown in the back of the instruction booklet for Lance vs. Lightning, similarly to how many of the other sets show off their combination features. If you have the time you can just look through the digital manuals for those sorts of callouts, though I think I've listed most of the ones for the sets that are currently available (as far as I can tell Macy's small drill tank from Jestro's Headquarters lacks any such feature).

1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

New promo set of sorts:

5004911 NEXO KNIGHTS™ Crafting Kit

Cool. What do sets like this typically entail or is this a first?

At the 50 second mark, you can see General Garg in the video:

There are also, generic knight looking gargoyle soldiers along with female gargoyles. Hope we get these minifigures in the summer wave.

51 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

So the first time we'll be seeing the new sets is at the London Toy Fair on the 24th, correct?

No pictures allowed unfortunately - and based on brickset's previous fiasco last year, I doubt there will be clear descriptions. I'll just wait for the New York Toy Fair in mid February for pics.

4 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

There are also, generic knight looking gargoyle soldiers along with female gargoyles. Hope we get these minifigures in the summer wave.

Some of those generic knight minifigures look good.  I really hope that they release those characters (with the stone look, but without the lightning all over them).

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Some of those generic knight minifigures look good.  I really hope that they release those characters (with the stone look, but without the lightning all over them).

Perhaps in the Knighton Castle. Would be a good place similar to the Temple of Airjitzu.