Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Just now, BrickJagger said:

We have the set list.....it's not small. :tongue:

Isn't it smaller than last year's summer wave? (I doesn't count Nexo Powers as a set)

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Isn't it smaller than last year's summer wave? (I doesn't count Nexo Powers as a set)

Six sets and an exclusive by my count, which is the same as last year. This year appears to cost more as well. :wink:

15 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

70356 - The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction (€ 74.99)

70357 - Knighton Castle (€ 139.99)

With names like these, it'd better be good! :wink: :excited:

The February magazine inclusion will be Merlok 2.0 as a walking hologram robot thing: 

On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 2:17 PM, ZORK64 said:

Is there any information if we'll get mech suits in the summer wave yet?

There is a five number gap between the action suits and the nexo power sets...

17 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Even though it's translated, doesn't "Bot Drop" imply that Bots are being dropped? I don't see a way for it to carry a Battle Suit.

Yeah, I also think it's plausible that Macy's Dragon thing is some sort of drop ship for some squire bots, but it can still combine in some fashion with her mech suit.

Edited by ZORK64

im expecting the knighton castle to be around 1600 pieces then or something like that and I feel the colossus of ultimate destruction could be the monstrux in his new body

hmmm maybe the knighton castle could feature an exclusive normal jestro minifigure

17 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

im expecting the knighton castle to be around 1600 pieces then or something like that and I feel the colossus of ultimate destruction could be the monstrux in his new body

hmmm maybe the knighton castle could feature an exclusive normal jestro minifigure

That would be nice but considering Jestro's Lair was only 40 more pieces than the Fortrex but $20 more it makes me wonder. A normal Jestro would be great to get.

I am wondering if the stone colossus is perhaps some sort of stone monster that is summoned utilizing the forbidden power shields. Once they are all collected it would release him. It would be great to get Monstrux at some point and I imagine we will once he takes human (Lego?) form and wonder if he would be a brick built figure similar to Burnzie and the others and not a regular minifigure scale.

New sets finally appearing at my local Target store. Didn't pick up any but nice to see them on display.

On 9-1-2017 at 8:44 PM, Johnmeel said:

There is a five number gap between the action suits and the nexo power sets...

You're right, didn't notice that before. I Guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

I am wondering if the stone colossus is perhaps some sort of stone monster that is summoned utilizing the forbidden power shields. Once they are all collected it would release him. It would be great to get Monstrux at some point and I imagine we will once he takes human (Lego?) form and wonder if he would be a brick built figure similar to Burnzie and the others and not a regular minifigure scale

I think Monstrox really is a monster, not some evil human(-like) villain. But we'll see. I'm curious too.

I'm also curious about how long the theme will last. We've talked about how LEGO plans a "Bing Bang" theme for 3 years, but if they really stop after 2018, that means they are already working on the next theme for 2019. Which is kind of crazy to think about, seeing how many they've invested in this theme. 

2 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

That would be nice but considering Jestro's Lair was only 40 more pieces than the Fortrex but $20 more it makes me wonder.

That was probably mostly because 128 of the Fortrex's pieces consisted of the tread links and rubber anti-slip pieces, which added a lot to the piece count but added comparably little to its weight or cost. Jestro's Lair had a piece count somewhat more typical of its weight and price point.

It is interesting that the Knighton Castle seems like it'll be bigger and more expensive than Jestro's Volcano Lair, particularly since other aspects of this year's Nexo Knights range seem to have been sorta downscaled (such as how Jestro's Headquarters is a $90 set, rather than sharing the $100 price point of the Fortrex). It's rare for regular retail sets to be priced above $120, but not unheard of — City, Star Wars, and Friends have all had $130+ sets. It makes me wonder if Nexo Knights might be doing better than many have suspected. We may hear more about how it's been doing in March when the Annual Report is released.

I hope that like Jestro's Lair or Ragana's Shadow Castle, the Knighton Castle will feature plenty of details to make it feel "livable" to an extent that traditional LEGO Castle sets rarely are.

Found this on Brickset, maybe I haven't been paying attention, but as far as I know this one hasn't been posted here yet:

30377: Motor Horse

30377-1.jpg?201701030431

1 hour ago, NotMegalodon said:

I think Monstrox really is a monster, not some evil human(-like) villain. But we'll see. I'm curious too.

I'm also curious about how long the theme will last. We've talked about how LEGO plans a "Bing Bang" theme for 3 years, but if they really stop after 2018, that means they are already working on the next theme for 2019. Which is kind of crazy to think about, seeing how many they've invested in this theme. 

This was the best I could do:

At around 1:55 Monstrux is shown and while he is a depicted a little bit bigger than a regular minifigure he does have the appearance of a 'regular' human. At least to me. At this point it would appear he has been corrupted which would give him his evil look. Or perhaps he is something else entirely since at one time there were monsters that roamed the land of Knighton.

43 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

That was probably mostly because 128 of the Fortrex's pieces consisted of the tread links and rubber anti-slip pieces, which added a lot to the piece count but added comparably little to its weight or cost. Jestro's Lair had a piece count somewhat more typical of its weight and price point.

It is interesting that the Knighton Castle seems like it'll be bigger and more expensive than Jestro's Volcano Lair, particularly since other aspects of this year's Nexo Knights range seem to have been sorta downscaled (such as how Jestro's Headquarters is a $90 set, rather than sharing the $100 price point of the Fortrex). It's rare for regular retail sets to be priced above $120, but not unheard of — City, Star Wars, and Friends have all had $130+ sets. It makes me wonder if Nexo Knights might be doing better than many have suspected. We may hear more about how it's been doing in March when the Annual Report is released.

I hope that like Jestro's Lair or Ragana's Shadow Castle, the Knighton Castle will feature plenty of details to make it feel "livable" to an extent that traditional LEGO Castle sets rarely are.

Along with the Fortrex and Jestro's Lair the Knighton Castle is certainly another flagship set in the Nexo world and that I would like to see explored more as they move forward (or if they do). Still would like to see Knighton Academy which could be another big set.

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Found this on Brickset, maybe I haven't been paying attention, but as far as I know this one hasn't been posted here yet:

30377: Motor Horse

Aanchir posted that a little while back :wink:

6 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Monstrox is a human. It's a necromancer, no less. You can read it in the bio

First he was a necromancer in human form, then he was trapped in the Book of Monsters and now he is a cloud. Monstrox is the most evil… uhm… vapor? But even in the form of a cloud, Monstrox is still very powerful. His lightning can turn good people evil and animate stone statues to obey his every twisted command. He has given up on taking over Knighton, now he is out for full-on destruction, of course mixed with his usual humorous insults. You think you have seen bad weather? Then check out this dark cloud!

So, that means me uses necromancy to awake the monsters.

I'm like 95% sure human Monstrox will be the villain for the third year. 

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Monstrox is a human. It's a necromancer, no less. You can read it in the bio

So, that means me uses necromancy to awake the monsters.

I'm like 95% sure human Monstrox will be the villain for the third year. 

Yeah - agreed. Seems like a good way to wrap it up.

Also, Monstrox is the guy who wiped out the Old Wizard's Council, leaving just Merlok. He seems like a pretty extreme guy.

4 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Yeah - agreed. Seems like a good way to wrap it up.

Also, Monstrox is the guy who wiped out the Old Wizard's Council, leaving just Merlok. He seems like a pretty extreme guy.

I hope they cover that at some point in the show. It would be a nice detour from the usual good-guys-always-win narrative.

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I hope they cover that at some point in the show. It would be a nice detour from the usual good-guys-always-win narrative.

They actually do in a flashback, but don't say it explicitly as far as I can tell - several wizards are shown confronting him and then it fades to just Merlok. The episode was in another language, so I didn't understand much of anything.

Personaly I think the castle will be a nice playable set, looking a lot like 70010  - Lion Chi Temple.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

2 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Personaly I think the castle will be a nice playable set, looking a lot like 70010  - Lion Chi Temple.

Agreed - hope it doesn't share the set's stability issues though. I'd hate for it to crumble apart every time I wanted to move it like 70010

Edited by legozebra

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

The castle will probably transform into a rocket powered biplane or some such nonsense.

:tongue:

Ah, I see you're back to normal.

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

The castle will probably transform into a rocket powered biplane or some such nonsense.

Gotta say I'd expect some sort of more typical spaceship if anything. Nexo Knights is a blend of space and castle and biplanes don't really qualify as either. :P

I honestly expect some sort of spaceship, if not in function then at least in form (or style).  The biplane thing was more of a joke.  And it was kind of inspired by a song I like called Interstellar Biplane by a band called Yeti.

:wink:

20 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

This was the best I could do:

At around 1:55 Monstrux is shown and while he is a depicted a little bit bigger than a regular minifigure he does have the appearance of a 'regular' human. At least to me. At this point it would appear he has been corrupted which would give him his evil look. Or perhaps he is something else entirely since at one time there were monsters that roamed the land of Knighton.

Along with the Fortrex and Jestro's Lair the Knighton Castle is certainly another flagship set in the Nexo world and that I would like to see explored more as they move forward (or if they do). Still would like to see Knighton Academy which could be another big set.

Cool, missed that part i guess.

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I honestly expect some sort of spaceship, if not in function then at least in form (or style).  The biplane thing was more of a joke.  And it was kind of inspired by a song I like called Interstellar Biplane by a band called Yeti.

:wink:

Yeah me too! Can't wait :D

@NotMegalodon The only reason that was fresh in my mind was that my son woke up one day and said he wanted to watch Nexo Knights so I put on the last two episodes and this popped up. It was fresh in my mind that he had made a brief appearance on the show.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Gotta say I'd expect some sort of more typical spaceship if anything. Nexo Knights is a blend of space and castle and biplanes don't really qualify as either. :P

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

I honestly expect some sort of spaceship, if not in function then at least in form (or style).

And it turns out Queen Halberd was really Ice Planet Female THE WHOLE TIME!!!