23 hours ago, mortenm said:

Thanks, I'll try that :thumbup:

Also one can use 1001ms delay instead of first 0% step. There is info about it in that GitHub issue.

Hello,

i have got a question about brickcontroller2 (3.1) and buwizz3.0: how can i get the buwizz speed (low,normal, high, ludricious) button in my profil?

With buwizz2.0 it appears automatically. 

Cheers, Friedl

On 12/13/2023 at 10:16 AM, FriedlS said:

Hello,

i have got a question about brickcontroller2 (3.1) and buwizz3.0: how can i get the buwizz speed (low,normal, high, ludricious) button in my profil?

With buwizz2.0 it appears automatically. 

Cheers, Friedl

buwizz 3.0 doesnt actually use slow normal high or ludicrous mode. its always in the equivalent of ludicrous

1 hour ago, Aurorasaurus said:

buwizz 3.0 doesnt actually use slow normal high or ludicrous mode. its always in the equivalent of ludicrous

Thank you very much! 😊

I wonder if anybody had issues with BrickController 2 (on Android) where it does not stop the motor after releasing the joystick (with PU hub). It does that quite frequently for me nowadays, which today resulted in my model slowly moving while I did not pay full attention, flipping down a slope, and then tripping over a ledge and dropping from 5 meters high, to finally break into pieces in the middle of a bush.. It was a painful experience to collect the parts and put it all together (though only lost/broke a few parts).

@imurvai, anything to do about that?

Edited by gyenesvi

3 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

I wonder if anybody had issues with BrickController 2 (on Android) where it does not stop the motor after releasing the joystick (with PU hub). It does that quite frequently for me nowadays

could it be your controller is old? or latency between controller and phone and phone to model?
sometimes i get high latency for short periods of time, though i am using buwizz 3 usually, i think its just due to whats involved with connecting 3 devices.

you could try a controller tester to see if the controller is outputting signals when it ought not to be

Edited by Aurorasaurus
add information

13 minutes ago, Aurorasaurus said:

could it be your controller is old? or latency between controller and phone and phone to model?
sometimes i get high latency for short periods of time, though i am using buwizz 3 usually, i think its just due to whats involved with connecting 3 devices.

you could try a controller tester to see if the controller is outputting signals when it ought not to be

I don't think its old, it's an Xbox Series controller. It's definitely not latency, it does not stop indefinitely. And I don't remember having this issue before, it just does it recently.. 

Hello all, It is my first time here. I created a nice 4x4 moc and wanted to use a PU L motor as a servo with BuWizz 3.0. I am unsure if it was discussed before, but I will look at the thread later. Just in case someone has more info on hand, please assist. 

Everything connects, but when I try to select Servo for the PU L motor, there is no calibration; it is grayed out. I have attached images of what I can see.

Thank you for the support 

IMG_0151.PNG

IMG_0150.PNG

1 hour ago, damirnis said:

Everything connects, but when I try to select Servo for the PU L motor, there is no calibration; it is grayed out. I have attached images of what I can see.

Automatic servo calibration with Buwizz 3 unit is not supported (it was said it would be supported later, but it never arrived). So what you can do is build your model so that the absolute zero position of the motor is at least near the centered position, and then you can manually use the base angle to precisely center it, and the max angle to adjust for its max range of motion. Finding the absolute zero position of the L motor is tricky as it is not marked. The easiest would be to hook a bare motor (not yet built into a model) up to a Buwizz unit, make a simple Buwizz profile for it, start it, and let it return to its zero position upon startup. Then you build it into your model without rotating it significantly. Or if you have it built in, you may need to remove a pinion gear and adjust it if it's not at the zero position.

The servo calibration is available on Android phones, but it doesn't work nearly as good as Buwizz app itself. Brickcontroller 2 would be perfect if it had the better steering calibration and a version of Buwizz's own tracked steer module.

I agree, a tracked steer function like buwizz app would be fantastic. For me steering calibration in buwizz app is buggy and rarely works, but always works in BC2. The most important thing is setting the base angle accurately, in my experience.
Not sure how a tracked steer module would be implemented, maybe in the same way as buwizz app where you set it up then assign the output to the mixer thing.

BC2 has helped me a lot, so thanks Imurvai!

12 hours ago, Alex Ilea said:

The servo calibration is available on Android phones, but it doesn't work nearly as good as Buwizz app itself. Brickcontroller 2 would be perfect if it had the better steering calibration and a version of Buwizz's own tracked steer module.

Hi, yes, unfortunately the servo calibration is only working on Android yet - my ios dev environment went down and I haven't had time to fix it :(. Also my Buwizz 3 has stopped working (I left it in my drawer for a couple of months and now I can't charge it up), so not sure when I can fix it.

45 minutes ago, imurvai said:

Also my Buwizz 3 has stopped working (I left it in my drawer for a couple of months and now I can't charge it up), so not sure when I can fix it.

Well, you could take it apart and reconnect the battery. It might help...

5 minutes ago, Alex Ilea said:

Well, you could take it apart and reconnect the battery. It might help...

I tried that but didn't help. Do I need to leave it disconnected for some time?

I had the same problem (also left it alone for too long) and disconnecting and reconnecting didn't help either. In the end I bought a new battery from buwizz (they sell it on their website for quite a reasonable price) now it works again

6 hours ago, imurvai said:

I tried that but didn't help. Do I need to leave it disconnected for some time?

Did you try charging it for a long time? Sometimes it needs a really long time, like a whole day on charger to wake up..

Edited by gyenesvi

On 1/21/2024 at 8:09 PM, gyenesvi said:

Automatic servo calibration with Buwizz 3 unit is not supported (it was said it would be supported later, but it never arrived). So what you can do is build your model so that the absolute zero position of the motor is at least near the centered position, and then you can manually use the base angle to precisely center it, and the max angle to adjust for its max range of motion. Finding the absolute zero position of the L motor is tricky as it is not marked. The easiest would be to hook a bare motor (not yet built into a model) up to a Buwizz unit, make a simple Buwizz profile for it, start it, and let it return to its zero position upon startup. Then you build it into your model without rotating it significantly. Or if you have it built in, you may need to remove a pinion gear and adjust it if it's not at the zero position.

Thank you very much for the reply, This helped and it works fairly good, doesn't have a good center back but it works for what I need it to do, 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:04 AM, imurvai said:

Hi, yes, unfortunately the servo calibration is only working on Android yet - my ios dev environment went down and I haven't had time to fix it :(. Also my Buwizz 3 has stopped working (I left it in my drawer for a couple of months and now I can't charge it up), so not sure when I can fix it.

If it is only a short time, find a 5V charger and leave it on charge overnight. If it doesn't switch on, you will need a new battery. Luckily, my unit was under warranty, so they sent me a new one. But thank you for this amazing app. I know how hard it is to set time on personal projects. If you have a PayPal support link, maybe share it so we as a community can contribute. Thank you again