WhiteFang

Eurobricks Mega Building LEGO CMFs Contest 2016

Excuse me if my answer exists in plain sight somewhere else, I tried looking - but, can you explain to me the reasoning behind not being able to include the feature figure in any photos of the entry/ presentation rule?

I mean, this completely removes the context from the photos, and leaves one trying to only imagine what it all should appear like.

If this is some requirement that assists in the judging process, then so be it, but as general viewer of the entries, and not an entrant, I'm only left frustrated by what are in all aspects, incomplete builds...

- ?

Excuse me if my answer exists in plain sight somewhere else, I tried looking - but, can you explain to me the reasoning behind not being able to include the feature figure in any photos of the entry/ presentation rule?

I mean, this completely removes the context from the photos, and leaves one trying to only imagine what it all should appear like.

If this is some requirement that assists in the judging process, then so be it, but as general viewer of the entries, and not an entrant, I'm only left frustrated by what are in all aspects, incomplete builds...

- ?

I don't know if this answers your question but I plan on participating because the prize is the newest wave of minifigures of which I own none yet. So, if nothing else it gives people a chance to get minifigures they don't yet own by not requiring their appearance in the vignette.

Really digging the entries thus far. I've scrapped about four so far because I wasn't happy with them or ran into a roadblock. I have one that I can enter if need be. Until then I'll keep trying to find time to build. I have favorites that people have posted already but with so much time left and so many good entries that'll likely change.

notaromantic, one of the answer stated by Willworkfortoys is correct. Will it be fair to do a contest if the whole world have access to Series 15 in time? Or perhaps, will Series 15 be made available at different intervals, resulting in interested participants to delay their entries before the deadline is up. To be fair, all eligible entries must exclude all new elements of Series 15 and the actual minifigure.

Secondly, this is part of the tradition building challenge for a 8x8 vignette. The aim is to designed the intended built which is meant for the minifigure that they want to place. They can do so by visually explained the cue through their entry or accompanied it with supporting text.

Thirdly, the EB community shall decide the votes as part of the challenge outcome based on the rules given.

Lastly, the rules are there for a reason and it is not meant for anyone to attempt to try to circumvent any of my rules without reasonable assessment which may or will result in unfair advantage.

does it make a difference when we post our entries? I have the B entry done, but might wait til close to the end so no one steals/improves my idea. ;)

does it make a difference when we post our entries? I have the B entry done, but might wait til close to the end so no one steals/improves my idea. ;)

If you think your idea could be improved, I suggest improving it yourself for best results. When you are satisfied, post it. I don't think anyone is going to "Steal" your idea. It's likely, however, that someone will have the same idea and post theirs before you if you wait.

theres been several similar ideas posted already. but even though they revolve around the same subject matter, they are still vastly different.

It's your responsibility to decide. You miss my deadline, there will be no exceptions. I won't allow those late entires if anyone misinterpret my closing deadline.

To the judges - the stickers are official stickers snipped from Lego set 3438

Thank you for putting it there because I wanted to ask where you get that stickers from and if is official TLG stickers.

3438-1.jpg

The entries I am seeing in this are amazing. Still waiting on my pieces to arrive and realized recently I may have to wait longer as I forgot to order a piece which will complete on of my items. I really need a more diverse parts collection. :(

Edited by Tech Artist

The entries I am seeing in this are amazing. Still waiting on my pieces to arrive and realized recently I may have to wait longer as I forgot to order a piece which will complete on of my items. I really need a more diverse parts collection. :(

Agree. I've neved entered to a contest here on Eurobricks but a CMF contest is just irresistible

I don't think I'll win because there are so many amazing entries but I don't care, it's just for the fun :grin:

I hope there will more contests like this one in the near future :classic:

I own all the parts of the Ice Fisherman except for the head and sand green fish (I have plenty of the regular kind), and all the parts to the Galaxy Patrol but without the armor or helmet. If I use a similar head for the Ice Fisherman or the Galaxy Patrol, just armor-less and helmet-less, can I still use one of them for Category B?

Edited by Graham Gidman

Here is my entry, vignette built for Wrestling Champion.

25054587011_e463d5512a_c.jpg

Please read the rules and remove the intended Series 15 minifigure from your entry. Do amend it otherwise it will be disqualify. Thanks.

An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600)

To all entries, please mind this rule.

t8LzU91.png

I was building something very similar to this!

Thank god I dropped the idea because your entry looks amazing

Agree. I've neved entered to a contest here on Eurobricks but a CMF contest is just irresistible

I don't think I'll win because there are so many amazing entries but I don't care, it's just for the fun :grin:

I hope there will more contests like this one in the near future :classic:

I don't know if I'll win. I'd like to but in the end win or lose I had fun. I did exactly what I set out to do when I bought my series 15 characters. I may expand on my entry in the future to a bigger version of it. I finished my entry as I finally received all my parts! Taking pictures tomorrow. :)

Edited by Tech Artist

Wow, thanks Robert. Your entries aren't so bad either :classic:

Too bad that I created my account so late and can't vote at all :sad:

Edited by FrankM

Finally got all my pieces and my entry submitted! Thanks for coming up with this fun contest. Whether I win or lose I had fun making my entry. Good luck to everyone!

Son of a flippin.. I just need to take pictures of my Katy Perry entry! Just wait! :grin:

Good work on yours though, mine doesn't have enough space for surfboards and waves!

Son of a flippin.. I just need to take pictures of my Katy Perry entry! Just wait! :grin:

Good work on yours though, mine doesn't have enough space for surfboards and waves!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who would go down that path. :classic: I've been looking at the entry thread every time there is a new entry and just waiting to see someone post a Left Shark entry. Looking forward to seeing your entry!

Im wondering if the last picture in my entry for Category A is violating the rules as I putted benny in it to show that a minifig actually fits in the capsule ?

Im wondering if the last picture in my entry for Category A is violating the rules as I putted benny in it to show that a minifig actually fits in the capsule ?

You did not mention that it is for any intended minifigure. So, is ok.