Cale

The PennLUG Roundhouse and Locomotive Service Terminal

What track pieces did you use for inside the roundhouse? They are a lighter grey and must be single length pieces to allow for the pits.

We used ME Models Double-length rails. They work very well since they come unattached to ties. We also used them to span the ashpit.

Glenn

Amazing collaboration. :thumbup: Which shows/events will be it at this year for people wishing to see it IRL?

So far this year our club will have our big train layout set up, with the roundhouse, at Philly Brick Fest in April, Brickworld in June, and the Greenberg Train Shows in Harrisburg PA, and York, PA next October and January respectively. We may also do Brickfair Virginia in August but that one isn't a definite yet.

Cale

Simply stunning. I love the collaborative aspect. The modularity. The detail. The choice of colors. An incredible accommodation for equally incredible trains. Yeah, they play with LEGO®...really well.

James

Simply stunning. I love the collaborative aspect. The modularity. The detail. The choice of colors. An incredible accommodation for equally incredible trains. Yeah, they play with LEGO®...really well.

James

Thank you.

Cale

This is an unbelievable creation and I think every single Afol in this train section would love to be 4 bricks tall to spend some time in that terminal :wink:

This is an unbelievable creation and I think every single Afol in this train section would love to be 4 bricks tall to spend some time in that terminal :wink:

I certainly would!

Here's all the superlatives that I could find to describe this creation: amazing!, astonishing!, outstanding!, surprising!, dumbfounding!, stupendous! shocking!, remarkable!, wonderful!, incredible!, marvelous!, spectacular!, and beyond belief!

Really, you guys set the bar high and provide a ton motivation/inspiration for the rest of us mere mortals.

I know that you have no idea how many piece are in the roundhouse but how many 1x2 tan plates did you order from Lugbulk? A staggering amount I'm sure! Any idea what the next project will be? This seems hard to top!

Edited by ecmo47

Here's all the superlatives that I could find to describe this creation: amazing!, astonishing!, outstanding!, surprising!, dumbfounding!, stupendous! shocking!, remarkable!, wonderful!, incredible!, marvelous!, spectacular!, and beyond belief!

Really, you guys really set the bar high and provide a ton motivation/inspiration for the rest of us mere mortals.

I know that you have no idea how many piece are in the roundhouse but how many 1x2 tan plates did you order from Lugbulk? A staggering amount I'm sure! Any idea what the next project will be? This seems hard to top!

We used around 14,000 tan 1x2 plates in the roundhouse. Our best estimate on total parts is somewhere north of 100,000 parts total for the roundhouse, turntable and surrounding landscape.

As for future projects, we have a couple of improvements we want to make to some of our current club layout sections before attempting a new forested corner. Beyond that we hope to add a large train station in the future.

Cale

I am still completely amazed by the amount of detail and size, after your Red Lion station I thought you reached the top of what's possible, but I was proven wrong. You made something even more awesome!

Why on earth do you (or I :tongue: ) live on the wrong side of the ocean...

Cale (and Nate and Glenn) you continue to push the envelope of what is possible in Lego bricks, I was fortunate enough to see this wonderful build in person at BW. While it looks incredible in the photos, it is still 100x better in person, even the interiors of the offices are completely detailed. It really has the look and feel of an actual roundhouse (with well thought out piles of randomly tossed stuff). Rivals many traditional model railroad layouts.