My guess is that, the compressor and the hand pump can not be used simultaneously. In other words, if the compressor is motorized, then the hand pump must be disconnected from the hose system.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

This medium size set has 1100 pieces :laugh:

Medium? At a 100 euros this set falls into my "big" category :laugh: !!

In the back there are 3 valves. In order to connect those 3 valves into 1 pressure source, at least 2 T-piece hose connectors (http://brickset.com/parts/4211508) have to be used.

Now that we have 2 pressure source: the hand pump and the compressor. If those two can be used at the same time, there has to be 1 more T-piece to link them to 1 common hose.

But in the inventory there are only 2 T-piece connectors. So my guess is that those 2 are used to connect 3 valves to 1 source, and if you want use the compressor you'll have to unplug the hose from the hand pump and connect it to the compressor.

To my surprise it has! (something like 1097, so not 1166 like i was saying all the time hehe) :tongue: but it could be alot of leftovers after building the excavator, or the alternative model as well. They said in the interview video that it was alot of elements the L30G didnt share with the excavator, so they perhaps throwed in alot of extra pieces to accomplish it.

In one way or another all of this for like 90 euro! thats good.

when sets grows in size, will we get this in two years with the claas tires?

That would be a monstrosity! but they probably will use the claas tires for their farmer series, and stick with volvo/unimog tires for something like that. Will still be huge and impressive :thumbup:

To my surprise it has! (something like 1097, so not 1166 like i was saying all the time hehe)

I actually got 1,164 out of Jim's inventory photos after adding all the bits to my offline stockroom app. I'm sometimes one item short because I don't add sticker sheets (which count as a part), but there's possibly more than one sticker sheet ("My other Volvo is a EW160E" bumper sticker?), or some super-mystery thing yet to be revealed. Same case with the Claas inventory - two parts shy of the official count.

Thanks for those images, Jim. I am looking forward and am taking the week off work (from tuesday 2nd) to build and have fun with this set. I will be in the lego store on 1st. Anyone else not bought a pneumatic set as yet?

Though I have pneumatics, I never bought a pneumatic set. The timing of this could not be better.

H

I actually got 1,164 out of Jim's inventory photos after adding all the bits to my offline stockroom app. I'm sometimes one item short because I don't add sticker sheets (which count as a part), but there's possibly more than one sticker sheet ("My other Volvo is a EW160E" bumper sticker?), or some super-mystery thing yet to be revealed. Same case with the Claas inventory - two parts shy of the official count.

Impressive work! btw "two parts shy of the official count" = 2 manuals? :tongue:

when sets grows in size, will we get this in two years with the claas tires?

Would be cool, wouldn't it? :thumbup::laugh::wub:

Or we start building one ourselves...even beter!!!

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Well I did some math and (a hell of a lot of) some research, and I'm pretty sure the Arocs is scaled 1:14, and if I counted right and the undercarriage of this is 30 studs (maybe 31?), and using the right dimensions (I think it's the one with outriggers/dozer blade, although even if it's not, the difference in length is marginal [about 25cm]), this is scaled about 1:18, so I'd say this is pretty close to the Arocs, just a little smaller scale.

...and I'm pretty sure the Arocs is scaled 1:14...

The scales of LEGO models are in most cases a little messy... This for example, if the scale is 1:14 why on earth does it use wheels that are in scale 1:17 for such a heavy duty truck like this... :sceptic::laugh::wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Looking at the pics of the part inventory, why is there one green beam in a most yellow and Black set.

In the back there are 3 valves. In order to connect those 3 valves into 1 pressure source, at least 2 T-piece hose connectors (http://brickset.com/parts/4211508) have to be used.

Now that we have 2 pressure source: the hand pump and the compressor. If those two can be used at the same time, there has to be 1 more T-piece to link them to 1 common hose.

But in the inventory there are only 2 T-piece connectors. So my guess is that those 2 are used to connect 3 valves to 1 source, and if you want use the compressor you'll have to unplug the hose from the hand pump and connect it to the compressor.

B-model surely uses 3 T-connectors... :look:

B-model surely uses 3 T-connectors... :look:

There are only 2 in the inventory, and since the B-model doesn't use the compressor, I think it actually only needs 1 connector, which is used to connect the pump to the 2 valves.

There are only 2 in the inventory, and since the B-model doesn't use the compressor, I think it actually only needs 1 connector, which is used to connect the pump to the 2 valves.

And what about connecting one of the valves to two pneumatic cylinders? :classic:

You would most likely have to disconnect the manual pump when changing to pf and with 3 pneumatic switches you only require 2x t section

Pump - T one line to switch, second line to second T and so on if that makes sense....

And the B only uses 2x cylinder that explains the the black and grey tubes on the 2 big cylinders they are connected inline the first top inlet is connected to the second bottom inlet 42053_box5_v29.jpg

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

You would most likely have to disconnect the manual pump when changing to pf and with 3 pneumatic switches you only require 2x t section

Pump - T one line to switch, second line to second T and so on if that makes sense....

That's what I was trying to say.

And what about connecting one of the valves to two pneumatic cylinders? :classic:

My bad, haven't thought of that! How can it be done with just 2 T-connectors? I suspect some witchcraft going on in the B model...

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Looking at the pics of the part inventory, why is there one green beam in a most yellow and Black set.

Probably has something to do with the engine. Volvo equipment often/always (?) has green engines.

The previous Volvo set (the wheel loader) also had a green engine (although with proper engine parts instead of just a beam).

I think that the beams are used as part of the structure and TLG decided to make them green, so when you take off a concrete panel it looks like the engine in the real machine.

Or, in other words, the little details that make me love modern Technic sets :classic: .

Ah hah, I know guys! In the B-model, only 2 valves are needed. The remaining valve serves as an additional T-connector.

@ nguyengiangoc

The one cylinder feeds into the second cylinder e.g air in on first cylinder from switch with grey tube at the top then the bottom inlet is connected to the top inlet on the second cylinder and the bottom inlet is connected to the switch with black to the opposite direction on switch

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

The scales of LEGO models are in most cases a little messy... This for example, if the scale is 1:14 why on earth does it use wheels that are in scale 1:17 for such a heavy duty truck like this... :sceptic::laugh::wink:

I know, I've wondered that too :laugh: On another note, I wonder who will be the first one to build a trailer for this (that's a challenge by the way :wink: )?