i don't want to be a 'not so nice guy' here, but please shut up everone with 'is it rc?'. We will find out in august or maybe earlier if it is rc, but if it was visible on the pictures, we would already have found out by now. let's please discuss something else, about the 42056 of course.

Edited by roppie11

Any Ideas as to what this grey part could be? It looks like its two knobs tall, but only has one in the center.

could be one of these http://alpha.brickli...page?P=3794#T=C but i'm not sure as the outer edges look softer. Also why would they use that part here? There is nothing connected to it. Could it be a new part?

I think it is the corner of a 5x7 frame

^ +1 :) By the way, is this the most pre-release discussed technic set ever? 39 pages with just several photos taken, all in less than a month... that's really a hype :D

I think it is the corner of a 5x7 frame

Up on closer inspection i think you both could be right, i doubt that it's a new piece or battery box/PF related. The part is shaded a bit on top of the knob wich defies the possibility for it to be http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3794#T=C.

I guess it's one of the 5x7 or 5x11 Liftarms.

^ :wink: Nice

By the way, about LEGO RC supercars in general - I really wonder if it's worth it. Considering that even when greatly executed by real MOC pros, the output is always slow as a snail and you almost head the drivetrain parts cry from all that torque. Small cars with OP propulstion = OK. Big machines that are 'supposed' to be slow = OK. But big scale supercar...? Pointless for me.

If what I'm told is correct, the final car will be orange and white.

Great :sweet:

So it's probably a 911 gt3 rs (based on the rims, they are the same) in a Porsche intelligent Performance livery.

If what I'm told is correct, the final car will be orange and white.

I can live with that. :grin: :grin: :grin:

The current 911 gt3 generation is named 991 so wouldn't it be a bit weird to have a livery from the 997 gt3 r hybrid?

the final car will be orange and white.

To me this sounds like there could be an orange version (lava-orange) and a white version (Porsche intelligent performance from the 991 generation as shown at the top of this page).

Edited by thatsmillingguy

The current 911 gt3 generation is named 991 so wouldn't it be a bit weird to have a livery from the 997 gt3 r hybrid?

Not the 997 gt3 r hybrid version but the same colours, Orange and white are colours for PIP ("Porsche Intelligent Performance") thats why i suspect they use this scheme. Maybe it has something to do with the version of the 911 GT3 RS that will be used in Endurance Races or the Porsche Cup this year.

Edited by AlphaX

Not the 997 gt3 r hybrid version but the same colours, Orange and white are colours for PIP ("Porsche Intelligent Performance") thats why i suspect they use this scheme. Maybe it has something to do with the version of the 911 GT3 RS that will be used in Endurance Races or the Porsche Cup this year.

The orange and white PIP colours are to my knowledge old and done away with.

The newer PIP livery used in the recent World endurance championships doesn't contain any orange as you can see at the top of this page(2nd post).

So why use the old livery instead of the new one?

http://www.porsche.c...rs/991-gt3-cup/

But this car is a modified version of the "street" GT3, it doesn't feature the side air intake between doors and rear wheels like both real GT3RS and Lego version.

We have to keep in mind that if it features a official porsche livery, the lego version will most likely feature a 2016 version of the Livery based on a Cup Version.

I suspect that the very reason lego didn't show the colour scheme of the model is that the colour scheme of the 2016 racing livery for porsche cars is yet to be unveiled. (at least to my knowledge)

The reveal of these will probably be on the Geneva Motor Show in March, where Lego too will likely present their finished version of the model.

We have to keep in mind that if it features a official porsche livery, the lego version will most likely feature a 2016 version of the Livery based on a Cup Version.

I suspect that the very reason lego didn't show the colour scheme of the model is that the colour scheme of the 2016 racing livery for porsche cars is yet to be unveiled. (at least to my knowledge)

The reveal of these will probably be on the Geneva Motor Show in March, where Lego too will likely present their finished version of the model.

As we all agree, from all the 2016 (or older) 911 flavours, Lego has recreated the 2016 911GT3 RS. I haven't found for this specific model any official or factory livery or even if that model is used by Porsche official teams in any competition, does anybody found any official photo of this specific model with track "suit"?

Also I think that Geneva Auto Show will reveal new models for 2017 and recently launched models. 2016 version of 911 GT3 RS was already shown last year, so I don't think new colors justify displaying it again, since they have the new Boxster and 911R wich are real novelty's.

Well searched again in the internet and just found:

http://www.autocar.c...tor-show-reveal

Some changes from the 2016 version. No side air intakes, different front spoiler, rear wing has different supports, looks more like the 911R with a wing. Maybe the lego model was roughly finished as they cannot showcase this version before it's officially launched.

Edited by franciscok

The half-truths and pseudo knowlegde here are really staggering. The so called 42056 MOD hurts my eyes! And the whole hype is getting more and more ridiculous. I´ve decided for myself just to wait (save the money for at least 2 sets :wink: ) and give no more attention to the speculations. Sorry, I don´t want to offend anybody, just my opinion.

The half-truths and pseudo knowlegde here are really staggering. The so called 42056 MOD hurts my eyes! And the whole hype is getting more and more ridiculous. I´ve decided for myself just to wait (save the money for at least 2 sets :wink: ) and give no more attention to the speculations. Sorry, I don´t want to offend anybody, just my opinion.

Yeah there are certain places that could have been done better but it does look like they modelled the front fairly accurately.

What a .... From Ppung Daddy... Not worth 1 sec watching... Pure time wasting...

And still can't see why it has such a price tag, it's to expensive.

Why?

1. price is not commited by TLG

2. if the rumored 3000 parts are true, also such a high price tag would be justified

3. take into account the price tag of the (IMHO) boring 41999... And this model had no licence from Porsche!

Anyway: at current state we just know that we know quite nothing - apart from a quite beautiful design and some unconfirmed rumors...

Edited by Kumbbl