Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

[ESL-CH 1a] "Maybe we can trade with'em?"

Leon grumbled. He hated scout-missions. These things were boring to death! Right now, his fellow soldiers would be taking a nap, or preparing food... What would they eat this evening? He with his damned luck always!!! But he, if the Lady sent you in a scout-mission, you didn't protest and just went. The soldiers loved - no, worshipped Lady Elysabeth!

As such were his thoughts when he suddenly saw something dark brown rise up in front of him. It seemed a pallisade!!! And inside the wall, there were people!!! Altough they didn't look that friendly, Leon was a real Eslandiann with his priorities straight: "Maybe we can trade with'em?"

23934464244_bc05ea77e7.jpg

23934463824_45bd5134ab.jpg

What Leon didn't know though:

23935807163_7314be2d8a.jpg

24562634805_cc8deb4fd6.jpg

24194875799_5d58af7fbc.jpg

23934462744_9fae68fb4f.jpg

--------------------------------------------

Just a quick build, hope you guys like it! CC very welcome, and thanks for the nice comments on the previous build!

Nice quick build! I love the terrain build-up and the wood pole fence with the skulls. It's good that you placed the poles somewhat random to give it that primitive look. The cave underneath and the bone near the fire are a nice touch. Are we perhaps dealing with a cannibal here? :grin: The only thing I'd do away with would be the Viking shield, it kind of detracts from the "native" feeling the build has :classic: .

Nice build !

Be careful Leon ! They probably are cannibals !

The Ténotclaxcans near Elysabethtown are more pacific people but they mentioned that some other tribes could not be sympathetic at all !

The palisade, hut, and vegetation are all really nice. I like the built-up base and the varying turf is much better than a flat base. I would think the skulls on poles would be a sure sign of what's to come, and the buried explorer is a neat feature. Good work and good luck to Leon!

Nice little build, I like the minifig posing default_classic.gif

It seems however that your links are broken (or more specifically go to pictures not publicly available). I only get "Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo."

When you insert the BBCode from Flickr for non-public pictures you need to replace the link in the first img tag with a guest pass.

For example (using one of my own non-public photos I've published here), posting

[url=https://flic.kr/p/D5ywe3][img=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1485/24336811660_ddd504b9e0_m.jpg][/url]

would show the picture

24336811660_ddd504b9e0_m.jpg

but would not allow anyone except me (and "friends and family" on flickr in this case) to view the full sized image.

What I do instead is to replace the adress in the first img tag with the guest pass, giving me something like

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/jonas_wide/8009ns][img=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1485/24336811660_ddd504b9e0_m.jpg][/url]

which renders the same on the page, but gives everyone access to the full sized picture

24336811660_ddd504b9e0_m.jpg

Edited by Gideon

@all thank you!

@Gideon: thanks mate, I'll try when I have a computer at hand!

Great little story and build, Titus. It looks like those explorers are in for a surprise! pir_laugh2.gif

I'd suggest you work a bit on cropping your photos. I noticed it in one of your other posts too (I think it was the fortress). Some of them show far too much of the surroundings, while others seem to have been cropped too much, taking away the edges.

I personally use "Photos" which is standard, at least in my version of Windows 10. It allows me to do basic corrections like cropping, straightening, colour corrections, etc. It is really user friendly, so it is perfect if you do not feel like getting into more advanced editors like photoshop, gimp, etc. Just make sure not to overdo the editing! pirate_tong.gif