CopMike

DC Super Heroes - 76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series - Batcave

This looks like a good set but again, way too expensive. It doesn't look like a 2000+ piece set.

Honestly, I'd rather they just released the 1960s Batman Batmobile on its own for £45.

Hahaha ... Im not a pervert, but have already been thinking of several builds it could be usefull for :tongue:

It would be perfect for a stop motion animation of a LEGO Jenna Coleman (or in other words, the Doctor Who Clara minifigure) pole-dancing. :wink:

It would be perfect for a stop motion animation of a LEGO Jenna Coleman (or in other words, the Doctor Who Clara minifigure) pole-dancing. :wink:

My first thought was actually The Doctor and the Master as a Single pane funnies, showing The Doctor and Missy with a thinking bubble above The Doctors head saying: His really a dick, where that brick should be photoshopped in it offcourse. :tongue:

If i had the time for it right now i would be making it.

Edited by KlodsBrik

Damn, what's with the prices lately? I'm not usually one to complain about pricing, but with this one and the other set I was interested in getting, Attack on Takodana, seem overpriced for what they're giving… ($60 for a brick wall and some figures? Really? Was going to just get Kylo Ren and skip it for that price, but of course he costs half the price of the set… :hmpf_bad: )

About the set, I love the Batmobile and Wayne Manor section, especially that wallpaper, but I'm afraid the rest just doesn't do it for me for the price. It seems like $260 for a bunch of rock and some platforms. Thinking I'm just going to try and get some of the figures separately from this one, which is a shame but...

Holy price tag Batman!

This set is listed at $400 Au. While 'some' of the minifigures are desirable (and the bat mobile is cool), the rest is quite bland look very disjointed. This is not a display piece. I think I will pass on this and bricklink the figures I want. I am too not happy with the rise in prices lately. Lego, get your act together.

:cry_sad: I just checked on the France version of Lego's site and it is listed at 289.99€uros! Lol I enjoyed the tv show but not that much. Sorry to say but I will pass. Edited by Lego_v194

I also LOVE the minifigures (especially Catwoman) and the vehicles, but I agree with others here that the cave looks unfinished and not worth $270. When rumors for the price of this were going north from the first guess of $120, I figured that at most I would pay $200 and I was okay with that. But over pricing this by at least $70 is outrageous.

I feel even worse for you guys in Canada and Australia.

Um, the graphic designer in the intro video is cute. XD Disappointing set though, it's kind of barebones.

The guy on the left is gorgeous (can't remember if he's the graphic designer or the other guy)

Anyway, back to the topic. This set seems massively overpriced when you compare it to the GB HQ, which has almost twice the number of pieces for a slightly higher price.

It's an ugy "cave' that looks like the designs only got halfway done with the set and were forced to release it. Honestly I think it's just 'bleh'.

I think the simplicity of the design is a tribute to how cheap the sets in the TV show were. For example, the facade of the building is really just that, a facade, just like in a TV studio.

The set definitely costs at least $20 too much though...

This is a day one buy for me. I will be happy to drop $270 on this! Come one March.

Which brings me to my question. What do you guys want? You are getting 2526 pieces, if you follow the "loose" rule of 10 ¢ per piece. That brings the price of the set to $252.60. Plus you are getting 9 minifigs. $270 doesn't really seem too high of a price to me. Maybe by about $20, but, that is all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

I see many uses for that "Dick" pole piece in the future. It may just be me though....a bumper sticker in a MOC, anyone? :grin:

MOC UCS Dick?

I hope that wallpaper print shows up in some other sets. It'll drive down the cost of Bricklinking just the office section. :laugh:

This is a day one buy for me. I will be happy to drop $270 on this! Come one March.

Which brings me to my question. What do you guys want? You are getting 2526 pieces, if you follow the "loose" rule of 10 ¢ per piece. That brings the price of the set to $252.60. Plus you are getting 9 minifigs. $270 doesn't really seem too high of a price to me. Maybe by about $20, but, that is all.

Jamie

And you get slightly less pieces for $120-$100 if you buy the Cafe Corner sets, or you can spend $80 more and get the GB HQ with 2200 more pieces. The price is $50-70 too much.

Having let the overwhelmingly positive glow of the set wear off, I've settled on a conclusion with it. The box art is gorgeous, and feels like a combination of classic and modern - really eye-catching. Once constructed, the model looks overall, pretty good, but definitely more like 3 or 4 smaller sets than 1 huge one.

The Helipad is nice enough, with nicely structured rock formations, if a little frustrating thanks to those damned stickers, but not that much else to talk about with it here.

The Bat-Computer is cool, with some good building techniques used by the look of it - perhaps techniques that could be applied to a larger-scale TARDIS MOC judging by the shape...

The vehicles are all good quality, especially the Batmobile. Definitely excited for those.

The cave wall looks underwhelming in the photos, but I'm sure it won't be that bad on a shelf, and the attached office area is gorgeously detailed.

The Wayne Manor exterior is very nice indeed, with SNOT(?) used in a great way.

And, of course, the minifigure selection is utterly stunning.

Whilst I'm not as certain on buying this immediately, I will still definitely consider it - even at the overly high price point. At that price I want something really chunky, with a lengthy build time, and I'm not convinced that this will provide that.

Is this set getting an early release for VIPs?

I am kinda amazed that some people on Earth may consider this product as "amazing", "cool" etc.

Hell, look at those texture... Such a poor work... Everyone here can do better than that.

Not to mention, the price, the tons of stickers, and the Batmobile utterly copied from this MOC :

15664049758_b5fb25abb6_z.jpgLego Custom Batmobile (1960) by GZer0_11, sur Flickr

And you get slightly less pieces for $120-$100 if you buy the Cafe Corner sets.

Let me know where you can buy Cafe Corner for $120.

...and the Batmobile utterly copied from this MOC :

That MOC was just copied from the version in LB3 though. For any of it's faults I don't think the set can be accused of copying other people's designs.

I am kinda amazed that some people on Earth may consider this product as "amazing", "cool" etc.

Hell, look at those texture... Such a poor work... Everyone here can do better than that.

Not to mention, the price, the tons of stickers, and the Batmobile utterly copied from this MOC :

15664049758_b5fb25abb6_z.jpgLego Custom Batmobile (1960) by GZer0_11, sur Flickr

Not everyone has the brick selection or the time (in my case patience!) to bricklink. The stickers really are taking the mick at this price - it would make it easier to swallow if they included 2 sets, but all the same, much smaller manufacturers are capable of this sort of basic stuff with a smaller customer base.