Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Killing the Dead Contest Discussion

Entry Posted

Later I'll improve the images and spiffen up the scene,I was kinda in a hurry because my camera battery was about to die :-D

So Boba Fett was hired by me to fly up and drop a huge manda-metal block on that skellie

Oh and I picked Hoth(again) becuase I had an idea for a wampa to whack to me :-$

However my first idea invloved Batbrick and iamded fighting over which way was better :-D

Piranha

iamded You can summon meteors! 8-
Edited by iamded

Nice to know people are thinking of us. X-D (I was going to win, right? :-P )

~Peace

Jeez! You make it sound like we're a couple! :-$

Piranha, admit it, I was going to win right?

Anyhoo, I'll do what Sinner said and comment on each:

Hinckley: Excellent chipper, do you plan on recycling the sawdust?

Doctor Sinister: I want one! 8-

iamded:

Thank you very much,However I have redid the entire Vig so its perfect *sweet*

I'll post updated pics tomorrow(To build up suspense :-P )

Batbrick:

Um actually I got invlolved and ended up winning X-D

Piranha

zz-80, love your entry, and the dim lighting only helps - in my humble opinion, it looks great!

Dr. S.

Thanks Dr.! Well in the end it turned out to help creating a gloomy atmosphere. :-)

Piranha, in which set was the Yeti/Wampa? I need to have one too! *sweet*

Edited by zz-80

Thank you very much,However I have redid the entire Vig so its perfect *sweet*

I'll post updated pics tomorrow(To build up suspense :-P )

Um actually I got invlolved and ended up winning X-D

________

Awesome, can't wait to see it updated! :'-)

And no fair! I should have won! Oh well, I guess me and iamded could team up and take you down! >:-)

________

Thanks Dr.! Well in the end it turned out to help creating a gloomy atmosphere. :-)

Piranha, in which set was the Yeti/Wampa? I need to have one too! *sweet*

_______

I believe the wampa was in the Yeti Orient expedition set zz-80 ;-)

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

I'm sorry, I found little time to comment on the entries 8-| .

They are all sooo great X-O !! It will be a very hard fight to decide a winner here :-P

One special mention to Jocko, who may build rarely, but is really good at it ;-)

LuxorV I suppose it is the obvious answer. The doggie looks so happy now too!
LuxorV: I *wub* that two-headed dog! very practical too!

Thanks for your kind comments :-$ You too made a great work *y* *y*

P.S.: the dog is pretty happy: he has decided to settle in my sigfig's house, now |-/ :-P

LuxorV

I believe the wampa was in the Yeti Orient expedition set zz-80 ;-)

Thanks, found the set: 7412. Unfortunately during my dark ages, so I gotta bricklink for one of those. D'oooh.

Very cool Aayla! Looks very sinister >:-) , awesome! Nice use of SNOT too! *y*

~Peace

Thats a great vig aayla! *y*

Welldone, but I never knew that *yoda* was that sadistic! X-O

Cool one hewkii9! Who would have thought, just sort them! Nice detailed vig, but what happens when you need to sort your Lego? 8-| X-D Great job! *y*

~Peace

Great entries so far! *sweet* *y*

• Doctor Sinister-Your awesome unique lighting effects enhance your great building skills.
  • Grevious-This is a lot of fun and well built too! I love how it's a continuation of your review. :-D
  • imaded-That meteor is awesome!
  • LuxorV-A hound from hell would certainly take care of a pile of bones from hell! X-D
  • *yoda* -Is it possible you enjoy minifig suffering more than I do? X-D Drawing and quartering on! Well...halving.
  • Sir Nadroj-leave it to you to build Heaven, Hell and Earth. Nice job!
  • Doug-*moment of silence for the banned* :'-(
  • Sinner-always so much fun! *wub*
  • Brickster-Yay! X-D A Brickster entry-glad to see you here. Love it, simple yet devishly cruel and effective! I apologize for starting a contest encouraging people to kill you... :-$
  • Sir Dillon-Awesome. You are great at vigs, simple, subtle yet effective. This one is really clever, I love the limp arms protruding out from under the boulder. For lack of a better word, it's really cute!
  • Batbrick-Cool and sick! I love the skellies dining on the man's head! *wub*
  • TinyPies...-Way to bring in a "whack." Excellent!
  • Jocko-Awesome. Who knew you had it in you? We'll work on building sturdier structures, so there won't be so much swearing next time... :-D
  • zz-80-This is really beautiful...for a killing machine. Very cool!
  • Piranha-Oh, I love Piranha entries! This one is just as whacky as your other ones-nice! I do have to criticize a little-next time you photograph a vig, think of composition. Sometimes your pics make it a little difficult to see exactly what is happening. Love it though!
  • aayla-Your entry is creepy and sick! I love it.
  • hewkii-This is a very clever joke! I laughed out loud when I saw it. Very clever vig, bud.

Is that 17 entries already? Wow! 8-

[*]Batbrick-Cool and sick! I love the skellies dining on the man's head! *wub*

Thanks for the comment *sweet* , and for the record, that's my head the skellies are dining on in Batbrick's vig. >:-( |-/ :-P I'll get my revenge... >:-)

~Peace

Thanks for the comment *sweet* , and for the record, that's my head the skellies are dining on in Batbrick's vig. >:-( |-/ :-P I'll get my revenge... >:-)

~Peace

_______

OW! *sing* >:-( Just when I was starting to think you were my friend! :-P

I'll get my revenge....................................................maybe................

hewkii, yours is great, Its so logical, and very appropriate on a lego forum! :-D *y*

*y* The last two by Aayla and Hewkii are pretty cool ideas and very good built!! I really love seeing the skellies sorted, but is it cruel enough to win? *skull* :-D

My entry is complete...it's not exactly fitting with the others - more a philosophical turn! :-/

I can't photograph it yet; thanks to daylight saving time, when I leave for school, it's too busy to do it and when I come home it's pitch black... :'-( I use a close up digital camera with a flash, which casts shadow over everything an druins any Lego photo, so I do it outside in reasonably bright daylight, to turn the flash off. Guess I'll just have to wait for the weekend. :-( That also explains why I won't be uploading much to BS before Christmas...

My entry is complete...it's not exactly fitting with the others - more a philosophical turn! :-/

I can't photograph it yet; thanks to daylight saving time, when I leave for school, it's too busy to do it and when I come home it's pitch black... :'-( I use a close up digital camera with a flash, which casts shadow over everything an druins any Lego photo, so I do it outside in reasonably bright daylight, to turn the flash off. Guess I'll just have to wait for the weekend. :-( That also explains why I won't be uploading much to BS before Christmas...

It sounds like you have your flash set on auto. You should be able to turn the flash off if you want to.

Well as promised I redid me entry :-$

You can view it in the Entry thread where my first one was

I added a snowtrooper and probe,made a clearer view and a sniper rifle view :-D

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone *sweet*

Great Entries!!,I love them 8-

Holy cow! 10 pages X-O

and 17(ish) entries!

A lot of ppl must like the new skelies just as much as i do. X-D

Oh yeah,

my entry has been entered :-)

P

No offence to anyone, but looking at many of the entries in the other thread I wonder if you don't think some of you are lacking the spirit of real vignettes in your entrys? I saw lots of entrys much larger than 8x8 and just having a 8x8 plate underneath as some sort of an excuse, this seems rather wierd to me.

Like putting a well-balanced 8x8 plate beneath the UCS Falcon and calling this a Falcon Vignette... *wacko*

Piranha, nice re-entry! Looks very nice! *y* *y*

Phred, nice method, lots of skelly deaths! Cool Warthog! I like how you included other members as well. *y* Although it may be a bit much on the layering... oh well.

~Peace

No offence to anyone, but looking at many of the entries in the other thread I wonder if you don't think some of you are lacking the spirit of real vignettes in your entrys? I saw lots of entrys much larger than 8x8 and just having a 8x8 plate underneath as some sort of an excuse, this seems rather wierd to me.

Like putting a well-balanced 8x8 plate beneath the UCS Falcon and calling this a Falcon Vignette... *wacko*

I didn't enter the contest myself, but isn't that just overlap which is allowed,

as is clearly stated by rule nr. 1 under contest rules? :-P