supertruper1988

Lone Ranger Passenger Cars? (Mid 18th Century American Style)

I was given the Lone Ranger train for Christmas, and I am looking to see if Lego has made any passenger cars for the same time period? I want to use this great looking loco to pull an equally great looking passenger train.

If TLG hasn't done any can anyone recommend some reference material that I can attempt to MOC?

Uh, you've got something messed up man, in mid 18th century (or, circa 1750), steam trains weren't even invented. Proper form would be either mid 1800-ties, or mid 19th century. Sorry for Nit-Picking, but I hate it when people do this type of mistake. Also, Try movies for reference, all kind of Westerns, but also "Legend of Zorro", "Wild Wild West", and (Although it's set a little bit later) "Back to the Future III".

Edited by Eggyslav

Maybe the green 10015 or blue 4186876 passenger wagon or the 7597 Toy Story Western Train Chase?

10015-1.jpg

Uh, you've got something messed up man, in mid 18th century (or, circa 1750), steam trains weren't even invented. Proper form would be either mid 1800-ties, or mid 19th century. Sorry for Nit-Picking, but I hate it when people do this type of mistake. Also, Try movies for reference, all kind of Westerns, but also "Legend of Zorro", "Wild Wild West", and (Although it's set a little bit later) "Back to the Future III".

You are correct I meant mid 19th century...oops. I will look at those movies.

Maybe the green 10015 or blue 4186876 passenger wagon or the 7597 Toy Story Western Train Chase?

10015-1.jpg

This looks pretty close. I think I could probably use it as a base.

Here is a picture I took of the DVD cover earlier this year. It has the movie train in the background. It was such a bad movie but probably worth renting if you want to make your train cars match the movie.

loneranger.jpg

A few heritage and tourist railroads operate original or replica cars. The Durango and Silverton Railroad and the Cumbres and Toltec operate cars which look the part. Disneyland used to operate a set of yellow replica cars which looked similar to the era, which are now in some Musuem or collection (somewhere). The Nevada State Railroad Musuem and the California State Railroad Musuem also have similar trains in their collection. Pictures of the real cars would help build a MOC.

I just posted some Durango and Silverton cars here. Feel free to ask about any of the details. For me, the key pieces were the old style square windows and the grooved bricks to suggest woodwork.

No, I don't work in ldd but I'll try and take some detail/breakdown shots. There's no SNOT work above the train base and the only halfstud offset is the ends for the doors (which don't open).

I have a couple of train MOCs that can be used with the Lone Ranger engine, and both of them and build able in real life: no parts in unusable colors here!

16972840128_80f0c5f63b_z.jpg

LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1427645400m.lxf

The train above matches the style and color of the engine.

23841775066_e1c8b89069_z.jpg

LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1450623381m.lxf

The train seen here is more of an update of set 10015 to modern standards.

Please note, neither of the two trains have interiors, but it's shouldn't be that hard to put some in if desired.

Happy building, and I hope my models helped some with your dilemma.

There are some awesome builds here. I will add another option. Cars on a budget:)

21728422151_f89b03a950.jpgLEGO dark blue saddle tank steam locomotive with open ended passenger carriages modded from 60051 high speed train by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

21531188600_3202b83cc5.jpgLEGO dark blue saddle tank steam locomotive with open ended passenger carriages modded from 60051 high speed train by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

No points or free t-shirt are offered for guessing where 95% of the parts came from:)

21688263005_1f990b1bc7.jpgFun little MOD: turning a high speed train into a low speed train. by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

The only extra parts you need to add are white 1x1 bricks and the arches & fences for the ends.

I can't imagine a white roof lasting long in the wild west but it looks OK in Lego...

Edited by Dread Pirate Rob

I have a couple of train MOCs that can be used with the Lone Ranger engine, and both of them and build able in real life: no parts in unusable colors here!

16972840128_80f0c5f63b_z.jpg

LDD file: http://www.mocpages....1427645400m.lxf

The train above matches the style and color of the engine.

23841775066_e1c8b89069_z.jpg

LDD file: http://www.mocpages....1450623381m.lxf

The train seen here is more of an update of set 10015 to modern standards.

Please note, neither of the two trains have interiors, but it's shouldn't be that hard to put some in if desired.

Happy building, and I hope my models helped some with your dilemma.

These look great! I whipped up the second example in Dark Reddish Brown with the 10014 caboose here:

DT7rchJ.png

Here is my variant of vagon - MOC.

Maybe will be useful:)

dc3b53bfacc5.jpg

eec4d4e83771.jpg

c773f653174c.jpg

This looks great! Do you have an LDD file or more pictures of the build? I think I would convert it to a 2 boggie variant instead of the two axles as those look to be too far from the couplers to work well. Do you also have some pictures of the boxcar in the last pic?

There are some awesome builds here. I will add another option. Cars on a budget:)

21728422151_f89b03a950.jpgLEGO dark blue saddle tank steam locomotive with open ended passenger carriages modded from 60051 high speed train by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

21531188600_3202b83cc5.jpgLEGO dark blue saddle tank steam locomotive with open ended passenger carriages modded from 60051 high speed train by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

No points or free t-shirt are offered for guessing where 95% of the parts came from:)

21688263005_1f990b1bc7.jpgFun little MOD: turning a high speed train into a low speed train. by Canvas Rails, on Flickr

The only extra parts you need to add are white 1x1 bricks and the arches & fences for the ends.

I can't imagine a white roof lasting long in the wild west but it looks OK in Lego...

These also look great! Im glad to see so many ideas here! I would like these in a different color scheme but I love the over all design!

Edited by cameronmiller1988

Unfortunately I don't use LDD at all;( Just real bricks!

Here is a photo of brown wagon :

3432f3b7ff15.jpg

This is an old work. If you need more detailed photos - I'll do it, but need time to find it in boxes ...;))