Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

She, Saw Guerra and Galen Enso are low odds to appear in the summer wave, they are the most important characters (at least for what we know about the characters presented so far)

7 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'd love Mon Mothma ^^ I don't think she'd need a new mould :)

I don't know if you have noticed it, but Tie Advanced vs. A-Wing set has Retiring Soon tag at S@H on it. Very strange, only 5 months on market?

23 hours ago, Pablo94 said:

I don't know if you have noticed it, but Tie Advanced vs. A-Wing set has Retiring Soon tag at S@H on it. Very strange, only 5 months on market?

If it doesn't sell at all, I guess that is possible... 

I put together the hover tank and added a hitch to it and attached the cargo containers from kanans speeder bike set.  It looks awesome.  Will set up a rebel ambush to capture weapons and grenades to help the rebellions cause.  

22 hours ago, Irish437 said:

I put together the hover tank and added a hitch to it and attached the cargo containers from kanans speeder bike set.  It looks awesome.  Will set up a rebel ambush to capture weapons and grenades to help the rebellions cause.  

Maybe you could create a new thread and show the MOC tu us, since i cab't really visualize how you have done it

On 11/18/2016 at 5:34 PM, Pablo94 said:

I would have bought just the TIE Advanced, but the funky A-wing did nothing for me, especially in those colors. I feel like it's a really expensive set for what you get.

Last year there were problems with parts in the first TFA sets, (I still haven't opened mine! Nowhere to put them...) I was just wondering if people had encountered anything similar this year with the Rogue One sets?

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Last year there were problems with parts in the first TFA sets, (I still haven't opened mine! Nowhere to put them...) I was just wondering if people had encountered anything similar this year with the Rogue One sets?

In my case there was one technic axle with stopper that was slightly too long in the shuttle set. The rest of the rogue one sets were perfect though. 

9 hours ago, darththeling said:

May have been a mistake. Looks like the Retiring Soon tag has - retired. ;) 

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Vader-s-TIE-Advanced-vs-A-Wing-Starfighter-75150

No mate, it is retiring outside of USA (or NA) market. I don't know about Europe, but certainly locally with the following issues causing poor sales:

Over-priced ($160!). Not widely available enough to get attention. Never on sale due to being exclusive to S@H. Source material (Rebels show) not accessible enough (most people don't have Disney channel).

A good set wasted.

2cfcf36.jpg

You're right Artanis I, on the Australia S@H page 75150 absolutely does indeed say retiring soon. That's crazy. Usually I'd say there was a 1.5 to 2 year window of opportunity to purchase a set before retiring - maybe this is changing all across the board. Rogue One, Episode 7/8, Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, The Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. Perhaps the Star Wars brand has hit peak saturation in Lego form? Australia does seem to suffer outrageously inflated prices - however this set in particular was overpriced in all countries. It will be interesting to see if this set retires early in the new year in NA. 

Especially since there are rumors of new Vader-in-a-cheap-set for next year.

Wow that is really overpriced.  I got a brand new one in a sealed box free shipping for $59.99 USD off ebay.  I would consider that a decent price, but anything over that would be overpriced IMO.  Its really 2 separate $30 sets.  A wing should really be 19.99 or 24.99.

5 hours ago, Irish437 said:

Wow that is really overpriced.  I got a brand new one in a sealed box free shipping for $59.99 USD off ebay.  I would consider that a decent price, but anything over that would be overpriced IMO.  Its really 2 separate $30 sets.  A wing should really be 19.99 or 24.99.

Set is a solid €30 overpriced here, for two vehicles that really aren't terribly interesting. I think they hugely overestimated how much people would want the Vader figure, which is something that I'd personally much prefer to get in the Final Duel set.

It's definitely retiring soon in the U.K. too. I agree the set was a bit steep, but if you can pick it up for a bit cheaper, both the builds are solid, the a wing is really swooshable and there's a nice selection of mini figures. Could also be a while until we see the tie advance again. 

On 24/11/2016 at 2:56 AM, darththeling said:

2cfcf36.jpg

You're right Artanis I, on the Australia S@H page 75150 absolutely does indeed say retiring soon. That's crazy. Usually I'd say there was a 1.5 to 2 year window of opportunity to purchase a set before retiring - maybe this is changing all across the board. Rogue One, Episode 7/8, Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, The Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. Perhaps the Star Wars brand has hit peak saturation in Lego form? Australia does seem to suffer outrageously inflated prices - however this set in particular was overpriced in all countries. It will be interesting to see if this set retires early in the new year in NA. 

Especially since there are rumors of new Vader-in-a-cheap-set for next year.

Got that and the AT-TE delivered yesterday from s@h... (seeing as its the only way for those two)

Not overly impressed at that price either. definitely could have made some suttle changes to it and dropped the price to make it worth it...

Shame a majority of the Rebels sets end up retailer exclusives in Aus. All 3 second half of the year sets were exclusives without two being sold in store. 

On 11/24/2016 at 8:12 AM, Richpepperell said:

It's definitely retiring soon in the U.K. too. I agree the set was a bit steep, but if you can pick it up for a bit cheaper, both the builds are solid, the a wing is really swooshable and there's a nice selection of mini figures. Could also be a while until we see the tie advance again. 

Same in Switzerland, probably everywhere in Europe...and I saw it already highly discounted in TRU and Amazon as well.

3 hours ago, brobert said:

Same in Switzerland, probably everywhere in Europe...and I saw it already highly discounted in TRU and Amazon as well.

Walked past the Tie Advanced set today at TRU in Norway with a 40% discount (which translates to about 72 Euro after discount). Still not interested. 

5 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Walked past the Tie Advanced set today at TRU in Norway with a 40% discount (which translates to about 72 Euro after discount). Still not interested. 

Well except the A-wing, and the pilot, the rest is not really new or unique, maybe Sabrines here, Darth Vader is in a couple of set and in the new DS you also get a better Tarkin + Vaders Tie

Well I was never going to buy tie advanced as it is very overpriced everywhere, however, I saw one for £40 at asda and that seemed like a price that much better reflected the set. Hopefully the builds will be interesting.

I am seeing tie advanced for 55 at target now.  I think it will be retired in the US soon.  At least it looks like retailers are blowing it out.  

I also think that the market is saturated with lego Star Wars.  Everything goes on sale at some point at 30% or so off.  I just can't see paying full retail for anything anymore.  Even ucs Sets like the eWok village that I really like and paid full retail for are now seeing a deep discount.  I got the ucs tie fighter for 125.  I think the deep discounts on the tie advanced that we are seeing may only be the tip of the iceberg.

24 minutes ago, Irish437 said:

I am seeing tie advanced for 55 at target now.  I think it will be retired in the US soon.  At least it looks like retailers are blowing it out.  

I also think that the market is saturated with lego Star Wars.  Everything goes on sale at some point at 30% or so off.  I just can't see paying full retail for anything anymore.  Even ucs Sets like the eWok village that I really like and paid full retail for are now seeing a deep discount.  I got the ucs tie fighter for 125.  I think the deep discounts on the tie advanced that we are seeing may only be the tip of the iceberg.

Same in Germany - even the brand new sets are 20-30% off almost all the time, TIE vs A-Wing was 40% on Amazon for a week or two.

That's the thing about the high prices people sometimes complain about - if they really are too high, the market will adjust them. In the past people appear to have accepted most prices, but it's obvious not many people demanded the A-Wing/TIE or the CTT set for anywhere near retail price.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Same in Germany - even the brand new sets are 20-30% off almost all the time, TIE vs A-Wing was 40% on Amazon for a week or two.

That's the thing about the high prices people sometimes complain about - if they really are too high, the market will adjust them. In the past people appear to have accepted most prices, but it's obvious not many people demanded the A-Wing/TIE or the CTT set for anywhere near retail price.

Agreed, here in Australia we have had a number of 20% off sales since the RO sets came out and the mid year waves. I don't think apart from s@h exclusives I've paid rrp in years.

I think there hits a point of market saturation. If we aren't there we must be close.

A few new designs and not rehashes would be nice too.

Most of these are already even out of stock, or in backorder in the Swiss store at least...looks like people are buying the retiring sets like crazy...