Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Which of the figures are can you not get in other smaller sets? New Red R2 unit??

Luke, Toryn Farr, R2 unit, Bren Derlin, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO. More exclusive figs than ewok village.

But then I display my sets in diorama form, not on a shelf or in boxes, and Hoth is my favourite battle.

I think you'll find the battle of Hoth is the favourite scene of many on this forum who like to display diorama's, hence the large number of Hoth MOCs. The passionate negativity comes from what the set could have been. Where I live this set will be $400, a hell of a lot of money if you already own a snowspeeder (or more likely more) and a Wampa cave which was on market only a couple of years ago.

This set is amazing! I already own the Wampa cave, but I will still get this set because the battle of Hoth is one of my favorite Star Wars scenes.

Edited by PickleManDan

If that really is the set (I'm hoping this is just a huge misunderstanding) then they should remove the UCS label. If they don't, UCS no longer has any meaning.

Or maybe UCS now stands for Unapologetically Cynical Sales, or Underwhelming Cr*p Set or something.

Isn't there a new rebel trooper torso as well?

Yeah there's two different types in the set. The white uniformed Rebels from the Advent Calender are supposed to be the infantry fighting outside in the trenches. The ones with the tan vests are supposed to be the officers working inside Echo Base. :classic:

Its not a great example of UCS sets of the past but even if it is a ucs set, it doesnt mean its somehow corrupted all ucs sets lol. Lets not get melodramatic.

Modular construction that was a challenge for the most skilled fan builders?

What do you consider a challenge, then? It looks like the door uses technic pieces to reinforce the build, there's a sphere structure... What more do you want? Lego sets come with instructions, after all... I don't consider any builds to be 'challenging', really, unless I'm working with just the image and no booklet.

If that really is the set (I'm hoping this is just a huge misunderstanding) then they should remove the UCS label. If they don't, UCS no longer has any meaning.

Or maybe UCS now stands for Unapologetically Cynical Sales, or Underwhelming Cr*p Set or something.

The Assault on Hoth set will be remembered as the worst UCS set ever released.

Who cares how a set is labeled by Lego? We all make our own judgments on how "good" a set is. UCS only really means the set is large and collectible. I'd say this one falls into that category.

Besides, what did everyone expect? We already had images of the door. There are only so many other things in the Hoth scene that could go in this set, unless you were hoping for more of the interior of the base.

Honestly, this was exactly what I expected from a Hoth set. There really isn't much else that you can put into a Hoth set other than more base interior or that giant cannon that shoots through the blockade. I'd love to know what everyone was expecting.

I am in consensus with everyone else's frustration that this set is a compilation of all previous Hoth sets. But my frustration is directed more in the direction of Lego deciding that we need yet another snow speeder every year and a Hoth turret thingy every other year. I mean, no other scene in Star Wars-- in any licensed theme, really-- gets the kind of attention Hoth gets from Lego.

Meanwhile we have yet to get anything Jedi-temple related.

I just don't get how there is still a market for Lego Hoth. I mean, in the last five years there have been three snowspeeders (four, now), and seven Hoth-related sets, plus two AT-AT, microfighters, and the invariable microbuild/minifigure representation in advent calendars.

Is it just me, or does Lego go a little overboard with Hoth? (It could certainly be just me.)

Does anyone else find it odd the we have official pictures of the hot UCS set but none of the other sets? Other than the confidential photos that we've seen

The UCS box images were leaked. Toy Fair officially kicks off Saturday morning so I would expect tons of pictures of all the new sets (except Rogue One) throughout Saturday.

I just saw the box pictures of the Hoth set and it is a dissapointing set.

Lego speaks about a challenge for builders, that is a correct. it will be a huge challenge to pay 250€ for a set that's only worth 150€

I just saw the box pictures of the Hoth set and it is a dissapointing set.

Lego speaks about a challenge for builders, that is a correct. it will be a huge challenge to pay 250€ for a set that's only worth 150€

Ha! Yes. I fear it is too much of a challenge for me.

It's a pity they didn't concentrate more on a bigger and more detailed base / hanger / control room with perhaps only the Ion gun sphere attached and leave out all of the other silly stuff that can easily be added from other readily available sets. If they followed that up with a UCS standard AT-AT based assault set then we'd have a lot of very happy AFOLs.

I actually like the set. The design of the door and trench are very good as well as the ion cannon. My only complaints are I would've wanted a larger shield generator, Leia and the general would've been good additions since I missed out on that other set with him. Seriously though did we really need another Hoth Han? I feel like that has moved past variant outfit and has ascended to most iconic Han Solo outfit for Lego. The price kills this set for me since I'd much rather get the Ghostbuster's HQ and the '66 batcave (even though that's also overpriced). Also, I can't wait to see some clear pics of Rex's At-te and the new tfa sets.

So it's NY Toy Fair today, and finally we'll get some good quality pics and videos of upcoming sets! Really curious about Vaders TIE Advanced set , Rex's AT-TE and Encounter on Jakku( finally some clarification on sets price). Can't wait!

Honestly, this was exactly what I expected from a Hoth set. There really isn't much else that you can put into a Hoth set other than more base interior or that giant cannon that shoots through the blockade. I'd love to know what everyone was expecting.

I am in consensus with everyone else's frustration that this set is a compilation of all previous Hoth sets. But my frustration is directed more in the direction of Lego deciding that we need yet another snow speeder every year and a Hoth turret thingy every other year. I mean, no other scene in Star Wars-- in any licensed theme, really-- gets the kind of attention Hoth gets from Lego.

Meanwhile we have yet to get anything Jedi-temple related.

I just don't get how there is still a market for Lego Hoth. I mean, in the last five years there have been three snowspeeders (four, now), and seven Hoth-related sets, plus two AT-AT, microfighters, and the invariable microbuild/minifigure representation in advent calendars.

Is it just me, or does Lego go a little overboard with Hoth? (It could certainly be just me.)

The 'giant cannon that shoots through the blockade' is the ion cannon and it is included just scaled down.

I don't know if this has been said but brick fan has more pictures of the set. Also brick show has pictures of all the Star Wars sets boxes

Edited by Falconfan1414