Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

SPOILERS... :hmpf_bad:

Not really, as long as you didn't look under the spoiler tag in my response. I think SonofTheShire's comment could be interpreted several different ways by the Force Awakens uninitiated.

*Spoilers*

I hope we don't get Luke in a polybag, I'd rather save that possible polybag for someone else and get Luke when he stars in VIII in 2017. The same goes for Snoke.

Having seen the movie, I have new found appreciation for these sets. As others have said, pretty much all aspects of film have been covered over two waves, I'm sure the Star Destroyer and Blue X-Wing will be seen in future films, and so we'll get sets for them down the line.

I assume Finn's Resistance clothes could be used to make Poe from the opening of the movie, so maybe Han in his coat or Leia in a different costume could make up a polybag. If there is no new head mold for the character, it could also be Nien Numb.

Luke's still a decent idea for May 4th; for all we know, he'll change his clothes in VIII, necessitating another figure! Poe from the opening has Finn's jacket, of course, but the rest of his outfit--shirt & pants--are different. Just needs different legs & a new torso print on the same basic torso as Finn. Heavy-coat Han might feel redundant after getting one fairly recently, and another coming up very soon (granted, ESB versions, but still). Nien, or any new Sullustans, need new headpiece with the ears & same hat they all seem to wear, or a new head entirely like the Ugnaught. Leia might work tho!

Yeah, I would agree with all spoiler tags. I need to find the money to buy a majority o these sets or atleast find a way to by the figures themselves. The sets are a good representaion of the movie IMo maybe a few tweaks here and there, especially with Ren's Starship

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

Where was it said he was a Munn? He doesn't look like one to me.

Where was it said he was a Munn? He doesn't look like one to me.

i saw it on the wiki. i know he dosnt look the same but since the only munn photos where in the EU and thats not canon now

Luke's still a decent idea for May 4th; for all we know, he'll change his clothes in VIII, necessitating another figure! Poe from the opening has Finn's jacket, of course, but the rest of his outfit--shirt & pants--are different. Just needs different legs & a new torso print on the same basic torso as Finn. Heavy-coat Han might feel redundant after getting one fairly recently, and another coming up very soon (granted, ESB versions, but still). Nien, or any new Sullustans, need new headpiece with the ears & same hat they all seem to wear, or a new head entirely like the Ugnaught. Leia might work tho!

Yes, yes, and thrice yes to a new Sullustans head mould!

i saw it on the wiki. i know he dosnt look the same but since the only munn photos where in the EU and thats not canon now

What wiki? Wookieepedia? Definitely doesn't say it on Wookieepedia (ergo, it's not true :grin: ). Muuns were only in the EU, huh? Tell that to San Hill (of Episode II fame). In case anyone was wondering, Snoke does not look like San Hill.

Promo figures don't allow new molds do they? It would be great to get a proper Sullustan headpiece/head and Nien Nunb is long overdue. They can definitely pull off Leia's farewell costume without any new molds though. They have the hairpiece available right here:

col226.jpg?1

i saw it on the wiki. i know he doesn't look the same but since the only Munn photos where in the EU and that's not canon now

No, you're wrong. San Hill is still a canonical Munn. There were also Munn in The Clone Wars, which remains canonical.

Edit: Whoops, it's already been said. Sorry.

Edited by Pcm979

What wiki? Wookieepedia? Definitely doesn't say it on Wookieepedia (ergo, it's not true :grin: ). Muuns were only in the EU, huh? Tell that to San Hill (of Episode II fame). In case anyone was wondering, Snoke does not look like San Hill.

I believe he means that "Darth Plaguies BEING a Munn is not canon", not "Munns are not a canonical species".

Sorry for being dense if there is info out there already but is it the OT snow speeder or the First Order Speeder?

If they UCS the TFA snowspeeder, there will be a disturbance in the Force like TLG has never seen before.

:sing:

Edited by rollermonkey

Please can I remind everyone, that this thread is intended purely for 2016 Pictures and Rumours, thanks :classic: If you want to discuss your recent purchases, or the availability of sets, there are other threads available - I'll move some posts shortly.

I don't think this is very appropriate:

Suck it UK! :devil: *

Suck it Brits! :laugh:

TheBrickShow now has reviews for some of the 2016 sets, including the Battle On Takodana.

Of course, if you haven't seen the film, I wouldn't recommend watching any of the set reviews. Spoilers and all that.

I want Takodana even more now, having seen the film. I really wish the release date was closer than January 1st.

TheBrickShow now has reviews for some of the 2016 sets, including the Battle On Takodana.

Of course, if you haven't seen the film, I wouldn't recommend watching any of the set reviews. Spoilers and all that.

I want Takodana even more now, having seen the film. I really wish the release date was closer than January 1st.

Thanks for posting that! I've been looking out for a Takodana review! :laugh:

how much is takodana selling for in europe? it's 60 dollars in the US eh? it's ridiculous, putting two stormtroopers in a set that expensive and calling it 'battle of whatever'. we used to have fights bigger than that on our block, when we were kids.

Thanks for the link, pretty decent review, nice to see some close-ups of the figs.

how much is takodana selling for in europe? it's 60 dollars in the US eh? it's ridiculous, putting two stormtroopers in a set that expensive and calling it 'battle of whatever'. we used to have fights bigger than that on our block, when we were kids.

Ha, good point.

Hi everyone,

I only recently got into Lego Star Wars UCS. Without having to dig to deep to find the answer, can I ask how many and if anyone knows which UCS sets will be released in 2016.

Appreciate your help!

Again, a reminder. Comment on the sets forthcoming, or the rumor of sets. Please!

Comments about the movie, how characters or ships are related to the movie, what you thought of the movie...or anything related to the movie which could be considered a spoiler will be removed. And technically, it might also be considered off topic.

This is an adult forum, have some consideration for others and act like adults. Please.

Thanks for the clearer picture for the Spider Droid set, nrg. Aside for the minifigures and some stud shooters slapped onto the spider droids, the set is almost identical to the 2013 version. Another pass for me.

ehhh.... correct me if I am wrong but aside from the laser cannon underneath the body and a different laser cannon for the small spider droid, this "new" spider droid set looks exactly like the last one. Sure, a new movie/realistic yoda minifigure is great, but in my books they actually made the spider droid and mini spider droid version worse by exchanging the great looking brick built laser cannons with the stud shooters :sceptic:

Also, and that is really unfortunate, does it seems like they still havent fixed the extremely loose connection of the legs to the main body. If you look at the review of the last spider droid by Jangbricks, he will demonstrate how the frictionless grey pins just make this thing a nightmare to pose and play with...

Edited by BigEl

2016 Star Wars sets can be found in the uk on Amazon and I believe Argos aswell. Not sure if it's been mentioned but just a little bit of information if you're not aware.

After watching Epsiode 7 I really am driven to collecting all the sets based from the movie and the next two as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

After watching Epsiode 7 I really am driven to collecting all the sets based from the movie and the next two as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

me too

only Kylo´s shuttle I will pass and wait for a better version

Just saw the other spiderdroid is still in shops in my area, really a strange move by TLG...

The new sets are startring to arrive in shop in Belgium to, "Bart Smit" has most of them, a few "Dreamland's " have some of the sets, "Fun" has nothing so far.

Edited by Cyberfounder