Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Just spotted that, is there any other scene where a Jedi/Sith deflects blaster bolts WITH THEIR BARE HANDS? Pretty badass,

Actually, there's a pretty nicely rendered cinematic trailer for a game where we can witness a Jedi blocking a lightsaber with her bare hands, and that character also is available in Lego form! :wink:

Actually, there's a pretty nicely rendered cinematic trailer for a game where we can witness a Jedi blocking a lightsaber with her bare hands, and that character also is available in Lego form! :wink:

That whole cinematic trailer is the finest SW content I've seen since the OT.

No Rebels sets but microfighters in Winter 2016, in the middle of season 2? The trailer and the S2 opening episode alone show a wealth of opportunities and Lego ignores all of them.

Did the Rebels sets sell so badly?

Regarding the Rebels microfighters... I hope it will be Valen Rudor in the TIE, but I am quite sure it will be the Inquisitor. Lego wasted invested a lot of ressources in the creation of the moulds, so I can see them reusing them. The AT-DP hopefully includes a colour corrected driver, and the Ghost hopefully includes Chopper.

Snip*

They actually do have one set, other than Microfighters, being Kanan's speeder bike. There's always the possibility we're getting more Rebel sets as retailer exclusives. Sir Von Lego has also stated we're getting a February wave, this could be a Rebels centered wave.

Edited by Jacob_9821

They actually do have one set, other than Microfighters, being Kanan's speeder bike. There's always the possibility we're getting more Rebel sets as retailer exclusives. Sir Von Lego has also stated we're getting a February wave, this could be a Rebels centered wave.

Thanks! I did not know about the february wave. That could be a well timed wave for Rebels.

Thanks! I did not know about the february wave. That could be a well timed wave for Rebels.

But we will only get a small bunch of sets... Not too many hopes for Rebels Season 2, perhaps in june?

September 4, December/January, February, May the 4th, July...

Why call them waves any more? It's just a neverending barrage of SW LEGO releases!

Why call them waves any more? It's just a neverending barrage of SW LEGO releases!

Our wallets can't repel merchandise of that magnitude!

So PLEASE let them make some more UCS Sets. Why only two each year? We need 1 for every "World": 1x PT, 1x OT, 1x E VII, 1x Clone Wars, 1x Rebels, 1x Battlefront...(-;

Just kidding, but more than two next Year would be nice..

BTW: I am still waiting for a Giant AT-AT UCS..

Edited by Sir von Lego

Our wallets can't repel merchandise of that magnitude!

In that case, intensify the forward batteries, I don't want anything getting through!

BTW: I am still waiting for a Giant AT-AT UCS..

You're not the only one...

I honestly can't think of a SW vehicle better suited for a UCS release than the AT-AT

I believe it would take a fair amount of time and designing, and compromise in creating the UCS ATAT that TLG would be happy to market.

The few main things to be considered are the size, (which directly affects) the stability, howvmuch detail to include on the exterior... If it should be done with bricks creating the smoothness, or plates, should it have any form of interior to reach out to those afols who couldnt justify buying it purely for themselves but could if their kids could interact with it a bit, what price point to go for, and could they realistically deliver a ucs atat that lives up to the name ucs at that price point rather than it looking simply like a slightly larger version of the current atat walker playset that is already at retail for about £100. As much as i love the ATAT i know for sure i wouldnt get one if it simply looked like a slightly larger version than we can already get now, and if the head didnt have the shaping and angles at least attempted that exist on the head. I would expect it looking in scale with itself properly, and with a better application of details.

They certainly pulled it off well with the Slave 1, but I think that was always going to be easier than a 4 legged dog...

New images from Korean TV show side view of what are probably troop transports (far left) and new large walkers (new AT-ATs?) far right.

These images are working in my edit screen, but not after submitting? The middle one might be too wide, but the other two ought to be fine. :/

tumblr_inline_nsv5cjg1mJ1shsvef_1280.jpg

Close up of walkers.

tumblr_inline_nsv5a3X23f1shsvef_1280.jpg

Believed to be the reverse of this shot:

tumblr_inline_nsv58pgnwM1shsvef_1280.jpg

Edited by rollermonkey

Those walkers look neat.

More like a tortoise then the box known as an AT-AT. Shorter too.

Other then so the Rebels can use tow hooks, the idea of putting the body of a heavy transport on thin long legs never made sense to me.

Jim

I heard a rumor, that the next UCS in February 2016 is going to be a 500€ set. (I'm hoping for an AT-AT)

I heard a rumor, that the next UCS in February 2016 is going to be a 500€ set. (I'm hoping for an AT-AT)

Probably something from TeFA.

Maybe is a set that combines two UCS ships, a X-Wing and a TIE. Maybe is some type of base of the FO/Resi.

The only thing that we know is that they are only rumors.

Interesting. Where did you hear this rumor?

New Death star? Maybe not, it would be a little early.

I bet that's the new DS but who knows.

I bet that's the new DS but who knows.

Nah. They wouldn't be restocking 10188 if they planned to have a new DS in a few months. Current status of 10188 at European S@H store is "Out of stock, expected ship date 11 Sep 2015" (after being "Sold out" since May the 4th).

Edited by Vodnik

Probably something from TeFA.

I doubt it. If there really is going to be a new huge UCS set in February, then it must be already close to production. It would be extremely risky for TLG to prepare a "flagship" set from the new movie before its premiere. Rather something from the OT or even PT. Something like the Cloud City, but done like the DS, so in the overall shape of the whole structure, but with several "playset" rooms on top with all the scenes... (I can dream, can't I?...)

Edited by Vodnik

Well Just2Good said we would be getting an updated and larger DS so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the set given the price of the current one.