Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Yep that makes sense, but what I meant by worth it or not, is more because the set is almost identical as 10188, from what I could hear and see here and there.

Yep that makes sense, but what I meant by worth it or not, is more because the set is almost identical as 10188, from what I could hear and see here and there.

I think people will only think its worth it is for the minifigures. But, I do understand your point.

Yep, actually, as I personally own the set 10188, the only reason why I will have a look to this "new" Death Star, is the minifigs. I have the feeling that the Imperial Officer included in this set could be Admiral Motti. This would be just great to have him, Tarkin and Vader to redo the "your lack of faith is disturbing" scene ;-)

Yep, actually, as I personally own the set 10188, the only reason why I will have a look to this "new" Death Star, is the minifigs. I have the feeling that the Imperial Officer included in this set could be Admiral Motti. This would be just great to have him, Tarkin and Vader to redo the "your lack of faith is disturbing" scene ;-)

My brother has 10188 and I am helping him clean it up, get all the pieces, and sell it so he can get the new one for himself. And yes, redoing the "I find your lack of faith disturbing" scene would be interesting!

This was publicly out in the open at a LEGO Store.

That's really strange considering they haven't even announced it yet. Do you have any idea which LEGO store it was?

That's really strange considering they haven't even announced it yet. Do you have any idea which LEGO store it was?

One of two, but I dunno if saying it will get them in trouble or not. :wink:

One of two, but I dunno if saying it will get them in trouble or not. :wink:

I think it would be fine. If LEGO is showing it at a store, they probably want to start publicizing it I would assume.

I think it would be fine. If LEGO is showing it at a store, they probably want to start publicizing it I would assume.

Ok - it's the Arundel Mills LEGO Store in Maryland. I just called and they said it's been announced (it hasn't lol) and that LEGO sent it out to see people like it or not. Dunno.

Ok - it's the Arundel Mills LEGO Store in Maryland. I just called and they said it's been announced (it hasn't lol) and that LEGO sent it out to see people like it or not. Dunno.

I wish I lived in Maryland, then I would definitely go see it. Odd that the LEGO store says it's been announced but it hasn't. Thanks for the info.

Edited by joeyl19

Back of the box pic?

^

I just checked LEGO's social media (I think I checked it all) and I found no sign of a Death Star release. Still wondering why they said it was announced at that store.

Edited by joeyl19

oh well, these pictures say it all, the set is almost identical to the previous one. It's really a shame, they could have changed it a little bit, at least with other rooms for other iconic scenes of the different movies and, perhaps, include a few references to Rogue 1, cause it's all about the Death Star is it not?

Grand Moff Tarkin looks better in this grey uniform than in the one in the last Vader's Tiefighter set of the last wave.

That Tie Advanced mini is even worse than the last one. Wow.

I really hope Jangbricks or another reviewer will do a side by side review of both things, because that designer video is gonna be early Christmas for sure.

That Tie Advanced mini is even worse than the last one. Wow.

I really hope Jangbricks or another reviewer will do a side by side review of both things, because that designer video is gonna be early Christmas for sure.

Agree regarding the Tie Advanced, the old version seemed to be better looking... Once again, this "new" Death Star is all about the minifigs, I am afraid. And yes, I think it would be good if a reviewer would do a comparison video of the two, that'd be nice. If not Jangbricks, I'm sure the Brick Show will do it.

Finaly whe have official pictures of the new UCS death star!

Eeeuuuu

oke, finaly the compleet overhauld new UCS death star!

Eeuuuui

Wait, the compleet new UCS death star with extra 200 pieces!

Eeeuuuuuu

Oooo wait the new old UCS death star!

The designer video of this awesome new UCS piece explaining all new things will be released soon!

You all won't believe to see all the new design features in this new awesome UCS piece!

Edited by patrick40

Oh snap... Disney, I dare you to find a good excuse for this.

They wanted their name on the box and it wasn't on 10188. :wink:

Great pic! Where did you find this one?

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images

Oh snap... Disney, I dare you to find a good excuse for this.

I'd be careful... Mickey Mouse could hide under your bed & attack you in the middle of the night if you talk about this topic... Better don't mention the name "Death Star" at all until TLG has informed us about it by not informing us about it.

Guess game: Not that its's out, what's gonna happen?

A: another 10 page discussion about how this update of a perfect old design sucks.

B: 3 pages of how you like which detail about which figure, though at least 30 of them should have dual molded legs.

C: Nothing, because someone tells us this isn't legit & we shouldn't talk about the DS since TLG has told us not to.

I'm gonna support group B: 2 DS troopers, 2 gunners - I only miss another imperial officer, since they were quite important to this space station in particular. Can't sit a crewmember in the conference room. Tarkin won't allow that. Oh yeah & Obi Wan still sucks. These pants. Why?