Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Glad that it will be bigger but I hope it looks a little more like a Death Star. The last set was great but I thought it was kind of ugly.

I might be on my own here, but I really wouldn't mind if we didn't get a spherical set at all. I really fancy the idea of a dome-shaped set with a greater diameter to the last set which would give plenty of room for different areas (cell block, meeting room, hanger etc). I felt the lower portions of the last set were a bit cramped and there was wasted space right at the bottom.

I might be on my own here, but I really wouldn't mind if we didn't get a spherical set at all. I really fancy the idea of a dome-shaped set with a greater diameter to the last set which would give plenty of room for different areas (cell block, meeting room, hanger etc). I felt the lower portions of the last set were a bit cramped and there was wasted space right at the bottom.

I completely agree!

They should make a Death Star set without an interior, based on the first Death Star itself and the Death Star II LEGO set from years ago,

and then just a good playset that isn't dome-shaped some other time, whether it be after it or before. Something like what Baronsat made, based on the old Kenner set.

I would by far prefer that over a dome shaped one unless it were a dome that can be opened up to reveal the interior.

I hope it's just a sphere with no playfeatures and no minifigures.

Not a chance, we already pretty much have confirmation about there being a blue astromech droid minifig in the set.

Edited by General Magma

They should make a Death Star set without an interior, based on the first Death Star itself and the Death Star II LEGO set from years ago,

and then just a good playset that isn't dome-shaped some other time, whether it be after it or before. Something like what Baronsat made, based on the old Kenner set.

I would by far prefer that over a dome shaped one unless it were a dome that can be opened up to reveal the interior.

Not a chance, we already pretty much have confirmation about there being a blue astromech droid minifig in the set.

Ok then I hope it's just a sphere with no playfeatures and one blue astromech droid minifigure.

K-2SO.

Only place that says k-2s0 is on the tiny print that's blurry, the bigger letters looks lie it can go etherway. I've seen fonts that its impossible to tell if its an S or a 5. But on the photo of the front view its more square like a 5.

Also some one on reedit claimed to have a Hasbro source and they say the action figure box has K-250 on it.

(Also enforcer droids are like police and enforce rules. So if that is true it might be a reference to Hawaii 5 0)

In regards to the death star, I just want good minifigures. I'm simply worried after the lackluster figures from the Assault on Hoth set that we'll only get a couple awesome ones and a dozen meh figures.

The Hawaii 5-0 reference is a little weak then. If they want to make the reference clearer, as they did so well in the Clone Wars, they should have done it as K2-5O. As yoda once said "so begin the which name is it wars!"

I hope the death star is a play set and not just a sphere like the death star II was, that falls apart so easy

Very nice wave. As others have said, the last few waves have been disappointing, but I think I'll buy every set in this one.

Tank - Looks a little blocky, but probably accurate. I've always felt the Imperial ground army was lacking, so I'm happy to get this. Having 2 tank troopers makes me happy has well, so I may even get multiple sets, although hopefully on sale.

AT-ST - Definitely an improvement over the last one, although it's too blurry to tell by how much. I'll definitely pick one up, but it's not perfect enough for me to get more.

TIE Striker - Looks very nice (although no smooth wing edges :sceptic: ). Nice figures, but I don't really want multiple Strikers, so I think I'll pass on duplicates.

U-Wing - Very nice figures, and decent build. I'm not a big rebel fan, but the set is nice enough to sway me to buy.

Imperial transport - Looks rather ugly, although in proper resolution it may look fine. Great figures though, so I'll still get it.

I figure it's a certainty we get battlepacks in the following wave, but knowing TLG it'll be a horrible selection. I don't think I'll need any more tank troopers if I buy multiple sets, but I'm sure I'll want more shoretroopers and death troopers. Even if we get lucky and get a decent battlepack, there's no way more than one OT stormtrooper is included.

Only place that says k-2s0 is on the tiny print that's blurry, the bigger letters looks lie it can go etherway. I've seen fonts that its impossible to tell if its an S or a 5. But on the photo of the front view its more square like a 5.

Also some one on reedit claimed to have a Hasbro source and they say the action figure box has K-250 on it.

(Also enforcer droids are like police and enforce rules. So if that is true it might be a reference to Hawaii 5 0)

"K-2SO" isn't very blurry... you can blow up the pic and it's pretty clearly "SO" in the "CLASSIFIED K-2SO TECHNICAL DRAWINGS" caption... the "O" matches the "O" to the left where it says "CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT IMPERIAL ARMY". I wouldn't trust "someone on reddit", not after yesterday's debacle with a redditor claiming to be on the crew and unloading 'details' about the film and how Disney wants to de-fang the entire thing.

Looks like I've missed the pictures.... If someone would PM them to me that would be great! :tongue:

Looks like I've missed the pictures.... If someone would PM them to me that would be great! :tongue:

check the legoleaks subreddit

"K-2SO" isn't very blurry... you can blow up the pic and it's pretty clearly "SO" in the "CLASSIFIED K-2SO TECHNICAL DRAWINGS" caption... the "O" matches the "O" to the left where it says "CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT IMPERIAL ARMY". I wouldn't trust "someone on reddit", not after yesterday's debacle with a redditor claiming to be on the crew and unloading 'details' about the film and how Disney wants to de-fang the entire thing.

did I miss more reedit drama?

Every one should go read this before talking about disney toning down rogue one.

http://www.ew.com/ar...ue-one-reshoots

Thank you well this is reassuring. So nothing already established is being altered so we can hope that means the accuracy of the first wave of RO sets will remain relatively accurate. Thank goodness. It would be awful if we got another big mistake like Kylo Ren's shuttle's wings being stuck the wrong way.

I don't think that altering the tone would change the sets too much, however with Kylo's shuttle that seemed quite a late design but since there was the Rogue One leak with names and vehicle information I feel like it's mostly going to be final.

I really hope the second wave has a cheap set or two with stormtroopers, why are Lego being so stingy with them?!

Hopefully the black imperial shuttle will have some neat features like a cargo hold or a speeder bike, there has to be more to it than just wings and engines at the back.

Probably one of the few people who are worth trusting when an article has been written about tone. Kathleen Kenedy and JJ gave Anthony Breznican a lot of exclusives regarding TFA so I'd be happy with what he said as opposed to some of the other guff...

You aren't on your own :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

I feel like I'm not in the majority, but I'm not a fan of any of the Rogue One sets. :sceptic:

I've only seen high-res pics of the top three sets and they're pretty mediocre, nothing exciting.

Minifigs are meh. The bottom two sets, I only say blurry pictures of, but that blue and white thing is supposed to be a U-Wing right?

It's not Lego's fault and it could just be my views on it, but that spaceship doesn't feel like it belongs in the Star Wars universe :sceptic:

I thought only the tank had a higher resolution pic.

Also, I think the U-wing looks very star warsy. Feels like something out of both the PT and the OT.

I, ofcourse, missed the pictures of the sets. So, if anyone wants to PM them to me, I'd be very grateful. That way I might participate in this lovely conversation, that is always on topic :grin:

Edit: if that's allowed ofcourse, don't want to get anyone in trouble.

As mentioned previously, we do not allow the sharing of confidential images via PMs, so please refrain from making this sort of request.

Concerning the accuracy of Lego sets after a reshoot: A reshoot doesn't affect the design accuracy of Lego sets at all. A reshoot means that some scenes are shot again and most likely differently - scenes meaning life action involving actors, possibly extras, and real cameras. The reasons for these are mostly tidbits that turn out to be missing during the cutting process, or, in the worst case, a change in tone and/or story because of studio execs meddling with the creative process for lack of faith in the product. The design process for vehicles, sets, custumes, props etc. is part of the pre-production for the most part. A vehicle might not end up in the final movie because the sequence in which it was featured didn't make the final cut, like with the First Order Snowspeeder. A major re-design of sets and vehicles is highly unlikely, very costly and too time-consuming once the production has started. So, you can put away your heart medicine and relax.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Why are Lego being so stingy with them?!

They know what we want and are playing hard to get :blush: