LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Called CS today and ordered a few Tigers :) thanks a lot for the heads up,i've had no idea that "unavailable Pieces"could be ordered via a call!

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

I doubt it'll ever be available if it's not in the inventory, sorry :(

Which is peculiar. You can get unique parts like licensed minifigure heads, but you can't get the new spider.

14 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Which is peculiar. You can get unique parts like licensed minifigure heads, but you can't get the new spider.

Tis' very strange. 

Its nice to see the White Glow coloured pieces available but they're expensive.  

On 6/29/2017 at 11:34 AM, Diggydoes said:

Called CS today and ordered a few Tigers :) thanks a lot for the heads up,i've had no idea that "unavailable Pieces"could be ordered via a call!

What was the price of the tiger?  Was it the same as the leopard?

So, i just got off the phone with Lego Customer Service.  They were unable to fulfill any of my requests for parts. I wanted the spider and tiger from jungle, a bunny (from cmf but based on what he said i think it might be appearing in city next year), lobster & kayak from Fun@Beach.

As disappointing as the call was, I did get some actual info I wanted to share with folks. He said that "in general" any new parts are unable to sell outside of sets for one year after creation, he said the lobster and kayak will be available in January. The spider and tiger later next year.

Of course we know it's not 100% true, because we are able to buy some of the new parts already. However, it's good to know that it's not fully random (just mostly) and the lobster will be available.

YMMV

23 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

So, i just got off the phone with Lego Customer Service.  They were unable to fulfill any of my requests for parts. I wanted the spider and tiger from jungle, a bunny (from cmf but based on what he said i think it might be appearing in city next year), lobster & kayak from Fun@Beach.

As disappointing as the call was, I did get some actual info I wanted to share with folks. He said that "in general" any new parts are unable to sell outside of sets for one year after creation, he said the lobster and kayak will be available in January. The spider and tiger later next year.

Of course we know it's not 100% true, because we are able to buy some of the new parts already. However, it's good to know that it's not fully random (just mostly) and the lobster will be available.

YMMV

Oh whoa bro, thanks for the info! The plan of action for me is:

1. Order current piece list

2. Order second piece list 

3. Order third piece list in January with the kayak piece

Both 1 & 2 are ready to go!

Edited by J4ck

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

What was the price of the tiger?  Was it the same as the leopard?

The Lady on the phone said it's 5€ something,so basically like the Leopard :) 

Interesting that the Tiger is available in Europe,but not in the US as it seems?!

My experience is that new parts have generally been listed a lot sooner than a year afterwards.

I placed an order dated 30 August 2016 and in that order are parts from the 2h-2016 City sets including the big red airplane tail, the helmet/torso/legs from the heat suit in the Volcano Explorer sets and the printed Bus Stop sign from Fun in the Park.

So I suspect we will probably be seeing the Kayak, Tiger, new torsos and other things in the next couple months. (possibly sooner)

10 minutes ago, Diggydoes said:

The Lady on the phone said it's 5€ something,so basically like the Leopard :) 

Interesting that the Tiger is available in Europe,but not in the US as it seems?!

Thanks!  Hope they will fulfill my order!

Oh yeah I also have an order dated 17th March where 1h-2017 parts weren't available and another order dated 10th April where they were available (if that narrows down how soon they typically become available)

1h-2017 parts in that other order include the Dark Azure tool wheel, the 1 x 1 with studs on 2 sides (the corner one) in tan, the Friends Lamb from the Juniors Farm Suitcase, the magnifying glass with target reticle from the Arkham Asylum and the tan 2 x 2 map tile with the cage on it from the 2017 Elves sets.

So yeah I doubt we will have to wait a year for the tiger or the kayak or the printed 2 x 2 jungle map to show up...

Interestingly, the panther was available a couple of weeks before the leopard, but both sets were released the same day.  I'm not sure there is a hard and fast rule about how long it takes.

The tigers are not yet available, but for all we know they will be available in a week and a half.  Then again, they may never be made available, with the reason that it is a retailer exclusive or some such nonsense.  I wonder if LUGs may be involved, calling to request that these animals be made available so that their group can order a bunch of them.

Past evidence shows that parts don't get withheld from Bricks & Pieces just because they are retailer exclusives.

I purchased some of the white construction helmet+ear protection parts from Bricks & Pieces and those are exclusive to the Volcano Heavy Lift Helicopter (which is a retailer exclusive)

I'm pretty sure I saw a 2017 Nexo power available at one point, I iust suddenly remembered this when I was just browsing the 2017 Nexo Knights thread.

Well, I am waiting on a couple of orders to arrive.

The first one contains my panthers and loads of other stuff.  The second will ostensibly contain leopards and tigers, and was placed over the phone from the Customer Service line in the US.

Really eager to get all of these things, plus all of the other parts I ordered!  I will post up my loot when it arrives.

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Well, I am waiting on a couple of orders to arrive.

The first one contains my panthers and loads of other stuff.  The second will ostensibly contain leopards and tigers, and was placed over the phone from the Customer Service line in the US.

Really eager to get all of these things, plus all of the other parts I ordered!  I will post up my loot when it arrives.

Did you call a special # or the regular 1-800-835-4386 for bricks & pieces customer service?  I ordered a panther and leopard on the 26th (hasn't shipped), but still would like a tiger.

LEGO® Service

1-800-835-4386 
Monday to Friday 8am - 10pm ET
Saturday and Sunday 10am - 6pm ET

Called this number on a Saturday afternoon.  The girl on the phone was very nice and helpful.

Edited by x105Black
Edited out a question that was resolved upon looking at my invoice on the LEGO online shop.

4 hours ago, jameseilers said:

Has anyone had luck getting minifigures that show up online as not available by calling instead? I'm interested in getting Quarrie (the short stubby Mon Calimari) from the new Arrowhead set. http://www.rebrickable.com/sets/75186-1/the-arrowhead/#parts

They don't sell minifigures, they sell minifigure parts. They are unlikely to let you buy all the parts if they are not listed, as it is a licensed figure.

5 hours ago, jameseilers said:

Has anyone had luck getting minifigures that show up online as not available by calling instead? I'm interested in getting Quarrie (the short stubby Mon Calimari) from the new Arrowhead set. http://www.rebrickable.com/sets/75186-1/the-arrowhead/#parts

I did order a torso from the Fun at the Beach set that was listed as "Out of stock," and they didn't give me any problems.  Not sure how it would work for licensed stuff, but it's worth a try.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

They don't sell minifigures, they sell minifigure parts. They are unlikely to let you buy all the parts if they are not listed, as it is a licensed figure.

The legs, torso assembly and head are all listed. The head and torso assembly just show out of stock. 

10 hours ago, jameseilers said:

I have seen parts from licensed figures available but it is not common. You can find hair from some licensed figures, but not exclusive hair. Han Solo's grey hair was available from the last Falcon but not Rey's. You could order Finn's jacket but not his head. You just have to punch in the set # and check. It also varies over time, I've seen parts added later. 

21 minutes ago, curvedroadplate said:

I have seen parts from licensed figures available but it is not common. You can find hair from some licensed figures, but not exclusive hair. Han Solo's grey hair was available from the last Falcon but not Rey's. You could order Finn's jacket but not his head. You just have to punch in the set # and check. It also varies over time, I've seen parts added later. 

Weird isn't it. I tried to order some Han Solo hair pieces and also a Luke Skywalker one (all showing for sale on their site) and it let me add them to the bag, then when I proceeded it removed them all. Spoke to customer services and they said I wasn't allowed to order them as they are licensed parts, then told they would send some out anyway for issues I had trying to order.. all of that and they are still on their website so I'm not sure what all of that was about!