LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Oh new parts. Fun! I still need to contact LEGO about their weird billing. AKA they owe me money.

Has anyone successfully asked lego to combine orders from PaB through out a month?  I’m honestly impatient at the lack of transparency and communications that go behind this process, my bank has had problems with LEGO from of the way they hold the money and then try to bill me a month later, the bank flags it as fraud, Apple Pay wouldn’t work and this is exactly how I owed them money in the past because of billing mix ups from PaB, recently i got billed from an order in September because I had to get a new card due to what happened.  

I’m just curious to see if they just can combine all my orders and ship them together than wait for like 6 orders and cause more problems with my bank that way.  

17 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Has anyone successfully asked lego to combine orders from PaB through out a month? 

Unless you have made multiple orders within the span of a day or two, usually you cannot, from my experience anyway.

It was explained to me by customer service that they pack the orders quite quickly after the orders come in, but they hold the packed orders for quite a while before sending them in bulk to their destination countries where they are then handed on to local post. So you might well get many separate orders on the same day, but LEGO can't/won't combine them after they are packed and sealed, which is pretty soon after they are placed.

In US restock on some parts just happened

Dk Blue Lighthouse baseplate back in stock

Lion Knight torso and legs

Dark Viking hat from Sanctum set

and 

ID6408195/18959 (new white hat in 10305 Castle) First time I caught this one in stock

Good luck and thanks for sharing everyone

Edited by teamzissou

Lion Knight legs and torso? Not yet in eu? area, sadly.

I do see shields 25 and 27. That white hat I do se too.

Thanks for the updates everyone. There was finally enough in stock at once for me to do a US order to my US relatives. Now that shipping is free even for "standard" orders over $35, there's really no reason for US-based folks not to do multiple smallish orders. We're not so lucky here in Aus (though I personally have the US option).

And now I should have enough VIP points to mostly negate the shipping cost in my next Australian order, whenever LEGO adds all the cool hairpieces from the Foosball Table and all the new parts from January. Here's hoping they do eventually, anyway.

I've recently ordered 2x a medium canopy that I need for a MOC, on BL and PAB, thinking I'd just use whichever is in the best condition (it matters on pictures).

I just got my BL order and while it's perfectly packed, both inside a bag AND protected by an adhesive sheet, it's all scratched underneath. In a state that would really mean "very scratched" by past BL standards. And yet I can't even blame the seller who did his best, canopies really come in that state in sets. And most likely the PAB one is gonna be as bad.
Same thing for a trans yellow canopy I recently got in a BL order. It was all scratched, while there's no way it was from a "used" set, as it comes from the Lightyear movie set. It's really both a few large scratches and lots of microscratches, like a kid has been playing with them for years, it's pretty bad with the new material. Scratch that, with the old material microscratches came with time, but large scratches were rare enough.

I paid twice as much for the PAB canopy as I paid on BL, let's see if it comes with any protection and free of scratches..

Edited by anothergol

On 2/7/2023 at 3:36 PM, MKJoshA said:

Had my first order from Jan get marked as shipped!

My order from January 17th just shipped and got the email confirmation but my Orders from the start of January are still back ordered. 

C85387BA-EB38-47CE-9E65-C624ABEEA35C.jpeg

Edited by eldiano

On 2/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, anothergol said:

I paid twice as much for the PAB canopy as I paid on BL, let's see if it comes with any protection and free of scratches..

:iamded_lol: I have a feeling you're being facetious. No way LEGO packs it better.

Of course I have ordered right before double VIP points again, but then again the Queen torso and legs I nabbed are already out of stock, so I don't feel too bad.

I still don't understand why just the puppy and cactus arm guy have been added from January (which shouldn't have anything added yet at all), the Foosball heads and bodies are added but not the hairs, and other odd discrepancies. What is going on.

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

:iamded_lol: I have a feeling you're being facetious. No way LEGO packs it better.

Of course I have ordered right before double VIP points again, but then again the Queen torso and legs I nabbed are already out of stock, so I don't feel too bad.

I still don't understand why just the puppy and cactus arm guy have been added from January (which shouldn't have anything added yet at all), the Foosball heads and bodies are added but not the hairs, and other odd discrepancies. What is going on.

Im starting to think Europe aren't getting the Lion Knights Castle torso/legs and horse bardings that have shown up in America. We have some Castle parts listed so assuming thats all we're getting. 

I get different areas might have different stock levels but why aren't they listed as out of stock on Europe yet if they've shown up elsewhere and are planned for Europe. How PaB is run makes absolutely no sense to me.

50 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

How long does it take for standard parts to arrive to the US?

My last set of orders from Nov arrived within 3 weeks, with one taking 3.5 weeks. My most recent batch of orders is close to 3 weeks now (this weekend). So I'm expecting them either this weekend or early next week. Around 3-4 weeks is how long its been taking for me.

36 minutes ago, Happy_Lego_Guy said:

My last set of orders from Nov arrived within 3 weeks, with one taking 3.5 weeks. My most recent batch of orders is close to 3 weeks now (this weekend). So I'm expecting them either this weekend or early next week. Around 3-4 weeks is how long its been taking for me.

Oh boy, thanks

1 hour ago, Happy_Lego_Guy said:

My order from December took two months. I have another order from January and it's been 3-4 weeks.

3-4 week turnaround for me, right now an order from January 17th has been shipped and has already reached New Jersey according to my shipping tracking info, it will probably get here Monday.  My orders from  early January are still marked as backordered.    

21 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

I get different areas might have different stock levels...

This isn't true for Standard though. All Standard orders worldwide still come from the same warehouse from my understanding. Only Bestseller ones come from different, regional warehouses.

This is just LEGO restricting parts to North America for mysterious reasons, the same way they kept Standard orders open for North America throughout the end of the year when they were closed for the rest of the world.

They may have left Standard parts ordering open for us in NA but they didn't replenish anything and they didn't ship anything while they had it closed for everyone else.  So essentially it was closed for us also even though we could place orders.  I didn't bother because there was nothing new to be had.  My brothers friends ordered a bunch of parts for their daughter, whose an architecture major, before Christmas and they just recently go the parts.  I don't know if the parts were supposed to be for a Class Project but she just built a replica of their home.

I don't understand why they are letting us order new parts now while the rest of the world can't.

2 minutes ago, karrit said:

They may have left Standard parts ordering open for us in NA but they didn't replenish anything and they didn't ship anything while they had it closed for everyone else.  So essentially it was closed for us also even though we could place orders.  I didn't bother because there was nothing new to be had.  My brothers friends ordered a bunch of parts for their daughter, whose an architecture major, before Christmas and they just recently go the parts.  I don't know if the parts were supposed to be for a Class Project but she just built a replica of their home.

I don't understand why they are letting us order new parts now while the rest of the world can't.

What irks is the fact that standard parts fly all the way from Europe, so the fact that only US customers can order them for Lego to ship them out across the world rather than selling them to European customers will always logistically baffle the hell out of me.  

Just now, eldiano said:

What irks is the fact that standard parts fly all the way from Europe, so the fact that only US customers can order them for Lego to ship them out across the world rather than selling them to European customers will always logistically baffle the hell out of me.  

But as Karrit explained, what difference did it make? No one in the USA was getting their parts during the close time for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

But as Karrit explained, what difference did it make? No one in the USA was getting their parts during the close time for everyone else.

As for the closure for the rest of the world it didn't make a difference then.

Now is a different story since we can order the new parts while the rest of the world is still waiting.  Part of me wonders if they are letting us get the new parts now because we still can't access the newer BAM online feature.  I know that really hasn't turned out to be a great option so far since they never added anything new or replenished the more desirable parts.

Could well just be down to market expectations and what they can get away with. People in Europe are used to everything closing on a Sunday, for example. This is a pretty niche service, so they can probably get away with it. No one in Europe is too vocal about it.

In the US everything is available all the time. It's so alien to shut things down like that. And there are a load of influencers who could start making noise about it. So just keep it 'open', but delay things. No idea why they can't do that with Europe though, although maybe they are trying to encourage people to make fewer, larger orders, so it's easier for them logistically.

Clearly all guesses. And no idea at all why they wouldn't make parts universally available once released. If anything, that feels like it just complicates their logistics as they need to maintain multiple systems.

The recent piecemeal approach to adding and restocking parts has resulted in me placing 5 separate orders over the past several weeks.  When some parts show up I'm hesitant to wait too long before some of them end up out of stock again.  Finally was able to order the Sand Green Bamboo part as well as the White Medieval Veil part last night but still waiting for the Earth Green Skirt part to come back in stock.  Ordered a bunch of other random parts I'd been holding off on with my order last night since it was 2x VIP points.  Sorry I never ordered some of the way overpriced corn pieces since they now seem gone for good.  If they ever show up again I'll grab a few.

Well there you are. There's expected behaviour and observed behaviour, and in this case, clearly different. On the other hand, I've held off placing orders at all and will just wait until it's more stable. Will that mean I lose enthusiasm for done if it and they lose the sale? Hmmm...