LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

Can confirm that on the Bricks and Pieces Discord channel LEGO employee has stated that 2022 pieces have been removed from the new BaP. They may or may not return. This is very disappointing for me as I was looking to pick up some 1 x 1 round tiles in green (LEGO dark green) and they are no longer available. However, I have found at least one part that was not on the old system in either PaB or BaP. So that is some good news.

They are still working out issues with the new site and working on adding features (such as the view out of stock ) button. Things will continue to be added. 

Sooooo all the good pieces I frequently order are just the “standard” lolol not Bestsellers.  

It’s easier to navigate honestly, you needed to live and breathe on PIB and BAP to see how easy it is now, it’s easier to search for parts by type, finally when I type mini head I can see all of the LEGO inventory in regards to wigs, heads and mini heads hahaha.

I’m not loving the shipping estimates but so far it’s a bit easier I think…

PS. Now that I know Pirate and Castle Minifigures ARE not bestsellers, why are some of them sold out lolol jk

Edited by eldiano

Wow, No squirrels or acorn tiles. Glad I ordered some before this. Hate to see what other pieces I want are now gone. Not sure how I feel about the new system yet. Not a good start. 

sad, so many nice pieces gone.  should have ordered the new chest lid before the change... was waiting for the GWP but got delayed in NZ/AU ... now just hope those 2022 new parts will return at some point

22 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Wow, No squirrels or acorn tiles. Glad I ordered some before this. Hate to see what other pieces I want are now gone. Not sure how I feel about the new system yet. Not a good start. 

I noticed that this morning as well! I had been hoping to place one order for all of the squirrels, but my greed might have caused me to miss out on the new squirrels.

1 hour ago, Themiddlebrick said:

Can confirm that on the Bricks and Pieces Discord channel LEGO employee has stated that 2022 pieces have been removed from the new BaP. They may or may not return. This is very disappointing for me as I was looking to pick up some 1 x 1 round tiles in green (LEGO dark green) and they are no longer available. However, I have found at least one part that was not on the old system in either PaB or BaP. So that is some good news.

They are still working out issues with the new site and working on adding features (such as the view out of stock ) button. Things will continue to be added. 

I can't believe they'll never add 2022 piece back on. I could see them waiting longer before releasing new pieces from here on out. Honestly that makes more business sense anyway. If someone really wants a part and can't wait a few months they'll buy the whole set.

Plus I can see certain 2022 pieces right now. The Tiger headpiece from the ice-skating set: 98799. And the yellow afro: 86385.

Funny thing about the afro is that you don't see it when looking at the pieces from the set it's in: 60330. I noticed that for some other parts too. So searching by set is broken right now.

Lots to complain about, but the thing that stands out the most is lack of pictures for parts. I don't know what Miniwig No. 134 is. So I have to keep a 2nd tab open for bricklink to search the part numbers. And even then I can't find them all.

I think they're still uploading data into the system. As they bring things up to speed I think we'll see more part availability.

EDIT: Also, the Santa beard: 93223 shows up when you search a set. But doesn't show up for any of the category searches like Minifgure hair or Accessories.

Noticed that prices have changed (gone up from my small selection) since yesterday even if the country was already on the new system. For example the Lego Dots (6337918) letters were 0.52 and are now 0.96. Weirdly the the Product ID is different on my order history for that than in the search. Havent checked any other Ids

41 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I can't believe they'll never add 2022 piece back on. I could see them waiting longer before releasing new pieces from here on out. Honestly that makes more business sense anyway. If someone really wants a part and can't wait a few months they'll buy the whole set.

Plus I can see certain 2022 pieces right now. The Tiger headpiece from the ice-skating set: 98799. And the yellow afro: 86385.

Funny thing about the afro is that you don't see it when looking at the pieces from the set it's in: 60330. I noticed that for some other parts too. So searching by set is broken right now.

Lots to complain about, but the thing that stands out the most is lack of pictures for parts. I don't know what Miniwig No. 134 is. So I have to keep a 2nd tab open for bricklink to search the part numbers. And even then I can't find them all.

I think they're still uploading data into the system. As they bring things up to speed I think we'll see more part availability.

EDIT: Also, the Santa beard: 93223 shows up when you search a set. But doesn't show up for any of the category searches like Minifgure hair or Accessories.

Well, we can expect to see them in 2023 at least... In all seriousness though we can only speculate on why, but given all of the logistics issues of the past years, I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply prioritizing those pieces for CS and new sets. But who really knows. Also worth noting that supposedly "novelty" parts were not supposed to be available either (these are parts that are made only for a specific set) but some appear to have slipped through.

The minifig pieces are a different story as they will be merged into the new BaM service, so I wouldn't go by those as an indicator of future 2022 part availability. As I understood it no Minifigure parts were expected to be available at all leading up to the BaM launch but in fact the opposite seems to be true, there almost seem to be more than previously available on the old BaP.

There are definitely still lots of bugs in the system. I'm not sure how I feel about it myself yet. The filters are nice but I usually search for specific elements - the filters really only lead to more impulse buying when I see a cool piece I think I may be able to use some time down the line. The major improvement I would like to see is improved shipping speed for all parts, but given the background logistics I understand how challenging that would be. 

11 hours ago, wollolo said:

It actually does exist since one or two days.

Yes, you're right. I had checked it when I wrote my post and it wasn't there yet.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Yes, I noticed that, too. So from now on we have to search by part ID/design ID. Searching by set# isn't reliable any more.

So beards are actually under the "Machine Arm" sub-category which is more accurately the Minifig Body Wear category.

I never got my squirrels or kitties, maybe they will return for the Build a Minifigure.

Am I the only one in the US that goes to the US site but is only seeing CAD prices in Bricks & Pieces? 

After I scroll down below to see Canada and change to USA English BUT still see prices in CAD

Are others having the same problem?

16 minutes ago, Maple said:

I never got my squirrels or kitties, maybe they will return for the Build a Minifigure.

We can hope 😊 I did get colors of the kittens and the orange squirrel. I have a few orders incoming and think I ordered some of the others but not certain

So glad that I got 6 squirrles (2 each of one of these 3 colors), 3 kittens (one each of one of these 3 colors), 3 loggerheads (tan sea turtles, mind you). I can’t wait for reddish orange horse to arrive and reunite with her lovely child, a foal.

The animals were just too expensive to me and I'm happy with Friends turtles and squirrels. 

51 minutes ago, teamzissou said:

Am I the only one in the US that goes to the US site but is only seeing CAD prices in Bricks & Pieces? 

My computer sends me to the UK site all the time. 

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

So beards are actually under the "Machine Arm" sub-category which is more accurately the Minifig Body Wear category.

I don't know about you, but when I see someone with a nice beard I say "nice machine arm mate". :sarcasm_smug:

Not having the 2022 parts, or presumably new parts upon release, is a major loss that will take some getting used to. If the parts show up eventually, I don't terribly mind the wait, but it certainly kills the anticipation and fun of trawling through B&P when new sets have just come out.

It's especially odd because they already had those parts available on B&P, but maybe they just want slightly less to deal with while their systems adjust? Seems strange anyway.

Other thoughts:

-It's very nice to browse by category now but frustrating that it doesn't always group all of the colours of the same part together.

-Is there a way to see just a particular colour of parts when bringing up a set's inventory, like they'd added to B&P? Haven't seen that in the new system yet.

-So lacking in images that had already existed in B&P. Hopefully they rectify that.

Overall, keeping an open mind. If ultimately all the parts that would've been added to B&P do get added for purchase, I'll live with learning a new system.

Can someone explain the service fees for me? I have a $3.50 fee when it says there will only be a fee under $14. I have $30+ in my cart.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

Can someone explain the service fees for me? I have a $3.50 fee when it says there will only be a fee under $14. I have $30+ in my cart.

Hmm... I cannot test because I'm still stuck on Canadian site but from what I read I assumed over $14 was free? BUT theres the issue of where your parts are coming from. Somehow that factors into the shipping time and possibly cost. I haven't taken the time to work thru it all yet

39 minutes ago, teamzissou said:

Hmm... I cannot test because I'm still stuck on Canadian site but from what I read I assumed over $14 was free? BUT theres the issue of where your parts are coming from. Somehow that factors into the shipping time and possibly cost. I haven't taken the time to work thru it all yet

What I understood is if you spend less than $14 there is a $3.50 or $7.50 fee. I don't know why I have it. As long as there is a fee I will NEVER use the service. 

Here' is the link to the USA site...
https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/static/pick-a-brick

Edited by Maple

45 minutes ago, Maple said:

You can obtain Free Shipping on the “Unpopular” items by spending $14+. It doesn’t seem like there is a threshold for you to “outspend” the $3.50 fee for the “Popular” items. That’s what I’ve been able to tell, anyways.

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

You can obtain Free Shipping on the “Unpopular” items by spending $14+. It doesn’t seem like there is a threshold for you to “outspend” the $3.50 fee for the “Popular” items. That’s what I’ve been able to tell, anyways.

That's stupid. LEGO is really starting to get on my nerves.

What's even worse is, that's not at all made clear. To me I shouldn't have any fees as it's over $14.

If your order just contains pieces labeled "Bestseller," we can process it more quickly. It’ll be shipped from our warehouse in Illinois, and you can track it once it’s on its way to you.

5 - day shipping from Illinois
$3.50 service fee for Bestseller orders under $14

StandardStandard pieces are those without the yellow "Bestseller" label. Those are sent straight from the home of the brick in Billund, Denmark.11 - 15 day shipping from Denmark (currently 5-6 weeks due to delays)
$7.00 service fee for Standard orders under $14

Bestseller and Standard orders are sent separately. Service fees are in addition to regular shipping fees

I figured it out. You need to spend the minimum on each group. This whole 'improvement' is ridiculous. Plus as I was trying to ad or subtract from the 'best sellers' it wouldn't let me. I ended up deleting all of them to get the fee to go away.

Edited by Maple

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Is there a way to see just a particular colour of parts when bringing up a set's inventory, like they'd added to B&P? Haven't seen that in the new system yet.

If i am not mistaken, add the set number then use the filters for color category 

Update: just tried it. It works

6 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

If i am not mistaken, add the set number then use the filters for color category 

Update: just tried it. It works

Ah ok thanks. I thought there might be. I haven't fully poked around everything yet.

While looking through some of the new pieces on PaB, I found some that I couldn't identify. They don't have images on the site, and their numbers don't seem to match any entries on Brickset or Bricklink. Here's the info from the site:

"Mini Hair W. Crown" 6359858/75872 (Sand Green)

"Mini Wig W/ Hat No. 1" 6407462/86085 (Reddish Brown)

Would anyone be able to identify them?

Edited by Canticleer blues

4 minutes ago, Canticleer blues said:

While looking through some of the new pieces on PaB, I found some that I couldn't identify. They don't have images on the site, and their numbers don't seem to match any entries on Brickset or Bricklink. Here's the info from the site:

"Mini Hair W. Crown" 6359858/75872 (Sand Green)

"Mini Wig W/ Hat No. 1" 6407462/86085 (Reddish Brown)

Would anyone be able to identify them?

I THINK the sand green one with crown is Statue of Liberty hairpiece but not certain. No idea about the other