BlockLogo

Best (and worst?) of 2015

Based on what I own:

Best (new) theme: Scooby Doo

Best set released in 2015: 70751 Temple of Airjitzu - I don't care about Ninjago, but this set is just insanely good

Best minifigure: Boba Fett (75060)

Worst (new) theme: Jurassic World

Most disappointing theme in 2015: Pirates - some pretty lackluster sets in this wave

Worst set in 2015: First order snowspeeder - terrible value and boring design

Worst minifigure: N/A

Honorable mention: 75092 Mystery Machine, 10246 Detective's Office, Double-Decker Couch

The best and worst of 2015? Here's what I have in my mind...

Best Theme: Speed Champions and Bionicle G2.

Best Set: 75060 Slave 1, 75112 General Grievous, 76042 SHIELD Helicarrier and 75103 First Order Transporter.

Best Minifigure: Captain Phasma (75103) and Ultron Sentry (76029).

Worst Theme: Minecraft and Jurassic World.

Worst sets: 70794 Skull Scorpio, 76037 Rhino/Sandman Team-Up, and anything from Minecraft and Jurassic World.

Worst Minifigures: Anything from Minecraft seriously.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Best Theme: Jurassic World (granted the sets are lackluster, it did give us Dinosaurs again)

Best Set: Ideas Doctor Who (finally Doctor Who!)

Best Minifigure: Slave 1 Boba Fett / Dimensions Chell

Only sets I own, like just2good said

Best

Best new theme: Jurassic World (I don't think it's great, but it's the only new theme I bought a set of)

Best set: Poe's X-wing Starfighter

Best minifigure: Comic Book Guy

Worst:

Worst new theme: Jurassic World (I only bought on set from new themes this year, so Jurassic World is the best and worst new theme)

Worst set: Dilophosaurus Ambush

Worst minifigure: Square Foot

Best sets in themes: Elves, Ninjago and especially extraordinary the seasonal vignettes. (mind you i don't buy these normaly) ideas also had a good run, and the often forgotten juniors.

Best set: Wall-e

Most disappointing themes: Creator & city

Most disappointing set: heavy haul train

I hate the monster cmf's except the black cat, but i can't say they aren't well done.

Best minifigure: Amy and Raj from tbbt

Edited by Sven F

Only from what I own.

Best

New Theme: Scooby-Doo

New Set: City Space Starter Set

New Minifigure: Miles Morales Spider-Man & Captain Phasma EDIT: & Lightning Lad!

Worst

New Theme: Jurassic World

New Set: Senate Commando Troopers

New Minifigure: Monster CMF series

Edited by Junior Shark

Best: heavy haul train or city square

Worst: none

Most disappointing set: heavy haul train

How?!?

The best and worst of 2015? Here's what I have in my mind...

Best Theme: Speed Champions and Bionicle G2.

Best Set: 75060 Slave 1, 75112 General Grievous, 76042 SHIELD Helicarrier and 75103 First Order Transporter.

Best Minifigure: Captain Phasma (75103) and Ultron Sentry (76029).

Worst Theme: Minecraft and Jurassic World.

Worst sets: 70794 Skull Scorpio, 76037 Rhino/Sandman Team-Up, and anything from Minecraft and Jurassic World.

Worst Minifigures: Anything from Minecraft seriously.

I don't know much about the others, but minecraft IS terrible, it seems like a 2 year old threw it together and people buy it for way too much

Speed champions: P1 = Yes

I don't know much about the others, but minecraft IS terrible, it seems like a 2 year old threw it together and people buy it for way too much

Yeah, Minecraft is just a bunch of semi-randomly stacked bricks and plates with ugly square head mini figures. Needless to say, PASS.

Best Theme:Star Wars

Best minifig:Endor Han Solo(great torso)

Best set:shuttle Tydirium

Worst theme:Jurrasic World(the sets are packed with action features,which are mainly for kids)

Worst Minifig:none

Worst set:Juniors Pirate set

The most dissapointing line is Pirates. Too much like previous ones,and again no Imperial Ships

But i think new Pirate torsos are nearly perfect.This is the reason why it is not the worst

Hot Dog Guy was the wurst of 2015

Ooh, that's so bad it's good :laugh_hard:

Back to the original question...

Best set: A draw between Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix (70221) and Master Wu's Dragon (70734)

Best minifigs: S13 Goblin (even though I don't care for the oversized scimitar), S14 Gargoyle and the Spirit Warriors from Master Wu's Dragon set

Worst: Everything Minecraft

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix as the best of the year. It's a thing of beauty, a classic. I don't care for the flick-fire missiles, but they're easy enough to mod out (see my Brickshelf page for a picture).

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix as the best of the year. It's a thing of beauty, a classic.

I'm late to the party on this one, but it's a set I've been meaning to track down before it retires. The design looks too good to pass up.

Of the goodies I purchased last year:

Favorite new theme: Not exactly a new theme, but I like the second wave of Movie sets that were released in 2015.

Favorite new set: A toss up between various City starter sets: construction, space, deep sea.

Favorite new minifigure: 5003082 Classic Pirate Minifigure (polybox)

Least favorite new theme: Pirates, even though I got all the sets minus the ship. The released sets don't feel fleshed out properly.

Least favorite new set: Generally I only buy the sets I like (duh?), so I'm thinking about some of the (free) polybags I didn't care for.

Least favorite new minifigure: Again, probably some polybag I didn't care for.

Best theme: Star Wars, I feel that this year's lineup is incredibly strong, helped by the TFA line, but still is excellent without.

Best set: This is a tie between the Slave I, Detective's Office and Master Wu Dragon. I own the latter two and the DO is filled with detail and innovative uses of different parts, and the Master Wu Dragon looks very impressive and has an amazing PPP ratio. The Slave Iooks gorgeous as well.

Best Minifigure: Red Arm C-3PO and Vision. The detail is fantastic on both.

Worst Theme: Legends of Chima, very rarely have I seen these on shelves without a reduction in price, proving their unpopularity. It just got old.

Worst Set: Rhino and Sandman Supervillain Team-up, it looks just lazy and unfinished.

Worst Minifigure: Stormtrooper Sargent, the Minifigure itself is good but it's the same as all the other SW:R troopers apart from a pauldron, just seems pointless to me.

Best

Best new theme: Speed Champions (I'm car fan...)

Best set: 60095 Deep sea Exploration vessel (great looking and very playable)

Best minifigure: LEGO Store salesman from city square set (we all know him... :) )

Worst:

Worst new theme: Pirates (one big ship which is almost the same as last one and just a bunch of small sets)

Worst set: 10246 Winter Toy Shop (un-needed re-release)

Worst minifigure: divers from deep sea theme. (nothing new and ugly colour(

Best Theme:Star Wars

Worst theme:Jurrasic World(the sets are packed with action features,which are mainly for kids

Aren't Star Wars sets also packed with action features?

Aren't Star Wars sets also packed with action features?

Yes, but most of the action features in Star Wars sets are integrated well. Even if the play features didn't integrated well, there still kinda make sense. The Jurassic World sets has silly play features that didn't integrated well with the build and make no sense even for a die-hard Jurassic World fan.

My list is generated from themes and sets that interest me (I'm sure Friends and Technic and so on had good and bad stuff, I just don't pay attention to them).

Best NEW theme:

Speed Champions

Existing theme that had best 2015:

City (deep sea exploration sets, city square and a good space shuttle!)

Best Set:

UCS TIE Fighter. I went from hating this set in the pictures and designer video, to liking it when seeing it built at the Lego Store to loving it after building it. Any set that can change my opinion that convincingly deserves accolades.

Best Set Runner-ups:

Temple of Air Jitzu. I don't collect Ninjago at all, but every time I see that set I have to look it over and admire it. I wish I had the time and skill, because I want to buy it and turn it into something that would fill a 32x32 baseplate and fit in with my Modular buildings display.

Detective's Office

Ferrari F40

Gingerbread House

Best Minifigures:

Captain Phasma, Old Han Solo, The Doctor, Scooby Doo, CMF Mad Scientist, CMF Skeleton Costume

WORST Stuff:

Toy Shop re-release

Pirates Theme (could've been SO much better)

Minecraft (my kids love the game, love Lego, yet dislike this theme)

Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator (Another attempt, another fail for Lego to get this ship right, and the Darth Maul minifig is very disappointing)

The wheel-to-body connection on the Speed Champions cars. This theme is great, but the cars do not roll well at all! Too much friction. They used the wrong type of Technic pin.

Edited by BimmerBoy

Best

Theme: Dimensions

Set: The TARDIS

Minifig: The 12th Doctor (from the Dimensions level pack)

Worst:

Theme: Jurassic World (I like Jurassic Park and a lot more could have been done with it - why only focus on the most recent movie for instance and not the original trilogy?)

Set: Pteranodon Capture (Although all of the Jurassic World sets are terrible as they don't resemble enough key scenes from the film)

Minifig: Martin Prince because his book accessory is stupidly bigger than him.
Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Of the ones I have

Best: Mercedes Arocs, Wall-E

Of the ones I haven't bought yet: Temple of Airjitzu seems great