@Blakbird would you be willing to update the instructions with these changes? i have done these changes on my ball factory and can confirm it works a lot better

Point of note. My current solution for moving the shifter in and out is not the Akiyuki one. It is close, it works well, but I have yet to manage to match what I am seeing, with what works.

I will post a photo of the current implementation before I fiddle some more.

The solution to moving the shifter left and right I am very happy with and I believe does reflect the Akiyuki solution (In conjunction with the piston changes.)

The bob changes I believe are true to the original. I haven't posted the raising arm change, but to be honest, performance wise it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Raising everything is quite important. Thus far, I have raised the belts, the wheel, bob and the mechanism to move the wheel.

Thanks a lot for the great effort guys! I would really apreciate if someone could update the instructions, because when I have finished my Invisible lift module, ball factory will be my next project. 

I have built the ball machine according the instuctions some months ago and never came across all the issues you discover. I encounter the slight problem with the technic switcher with the pins though where balls got stuck from time to time.

I do have a major problem wth the ball picker though. It worked for a cuple of hours but since then either it gets stuck or lets the balls go too early.

Edited by tismabrick

I am a little OCD with these things. So a part of it was because I wanted mine to be the same as the original. That said, all the changes I ended up making, was because I couldn't make it work to the level of my expectation. e.g. when you watch it in the video, when he winds it himself, it is effortless. I also wanted full travel in certain areas, which isn't even present in the video.

I am just picky basically. Changes to the over all height, bob and bucket transfer to belt I would say should definitely be changed. It makes it smoother and better. The piston changes are a big deal to me and I would be more confident in it, if I could replicate properly what is in the video, but I am not there yet. Side to side is correct, back and forth is not.

The ball grabber and dropper is different to the original. I will most likely sort that out too, just not at that point yet. I always build it via the instructions and only change it back to the original if I am having issues with it. My issue with it currently, is that the part which pushes the grabber open is too far forward, so as it travels across, it brushes against it. It is well clear in the original. So that would be the reason for the change if I do. As you can see, it will run happily via the instructions. For me, it is whether it can run better, more reliable.

Of late, I have been trying to get this arrangement to work properly. It is really close, but no cigar.

1920x1080.jpg

I know the bit that the blue pin-axel goes into is correct. It is 2x Technic Beam 1 x 2 Thin they are really obvious in the video.

The pivot arm is correct all the way to the bottom Technic Bush. That final Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular I am not sure about. I think it is correct and the way round it is is correct, but I can't make it work.

My issue is, that in this arrangement, it hits the Thick Technic Beam which sits beneath the shifter and is used by the other piston to move the shifter left and right.

This means that as the shifter reaches the far left position, it moves the forward/back mechanism a bit. Which really isn't good. Added friction, unwanted movement at the wrong time etc.

Am having trouble working out how to avoid that.

Is this the issue? In the Akiyuki video, the Technic Beam Thick underneath is attached by a different means. I am wonder if it changes it's position.

Shifter_Attachment.jpg

Edited by Ankoku

So, here, in the instructions, you can see where the beam is attached.

Shifter_Attachment_Beam.jpg

It seems further forward than in the video image above.

If this is the case, it would allow the solution, which I think is correct with the shifter piston arm to work.

So here you can see the part that I am having trouble with.

Shifter_Connector.png

I believe that is a Dark Bluish Grey Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular, where the axel part is on the right, rather than where you would expect on the left. This is why the Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth with Axle Hole Semi-Reduced is required at the bottom to hold it on.

You can see the black axel there, rather than a Light Bluish Grey Technic Pin without Friction Ridges Lengthwise.

So why has Akiyuki done it that way? How is it connected? At the top, you can see 2x Technic Beam 1 x 2 Thin but they can't be directly connected as that would twist the fixed axel.

At the moment, I feel as though there is a half stud beam length difference in play on the piston beam somehow. That somehow manifests itself in the connection.

I really like how deep you’re digging into this  :thumbup: I still have this factory on my to do list, but I never really get to it. I’m following this with interest though!

At this point, I am considering writing Akiyuki a letter in Japanese asking how that mechanism works. It is proving impossible to replicate.

Still fighting with it.

Any ideas how the black Technic beam attaches underneath?

Shifter_Slider.jpg

As far as I can tell, there are 2x 1x2 brick with axle hole underneath. I am guessing there is a 4L axel between them. The beam attaches to that somehow, but not with much depth.

e.g. there isn't room for a Technic Axle Connector with Axle Hole, as that would push the beam too far down to connect to the lever.

I don't believe it is a Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular because that would move the beam left or right, which isn't reflected in the video.

Any ideas?

As you can see, whatever is connected to the axle under there, isn't bisible from this side angle.

Oooo, thanks for letting me know. On his site, he mentions that he isn't taking any more videos, pictures etc.

How did you contact him? The web form?

I have taken some video as to where I have gotten. I will see if I can sort it out on YouTube.

Just now, Ankoku said:

Oooo, thanks for letting me know. On his site, he mentions that he isn't taking any more videos, pictures etc.

How did you contact him? The web form?

I have taken some video as to where I have gotten. I will see if I can sort it out on YouTube.

the web form doesnt work email him at: legokarakuri@gmail.com

@9v system This might be of interest to you.

I am not going to do instructions, as I don't intend to replicate the Reversal Type 2 machine. But I do want to get the mechanism working for a 2 arm version.

Once I have it working I will post photos of it. Enough to be able to replicate it.

1920x1080.jpg

As I wait/pray for an Akiyuki reply, I have been playing with the Reversal Type 2.

Is there any way to connect a Technic Worm Gear to a Technic Gear 36 Tooth Double Bevel?

e804ce2964df8bebb04cc370e55322f1.jpg?151

Hi,

Sadly due to space restrictions I have to part with my Akiyuki Invisible lift and Train module with the crane loader. I am selling all the parts including motors and 20 of the friends basketballs with each. Parts are a combination of new and used bricklinked from multiple sellers. If you are interested in buying one (or both) dm me or send an email to maximillian.surveyor@gmail.com.

30 minutes ago, Darth Max said:

Hi,

Sadly due to space restrictions I have to part with my Akiyuki Invisible lift and Train module with the crane loader. I am selling all the parts including motors and 20 of the friends basketballs with each. Parts are a combination of new and used bricklinked from multiple sellers. If you are interested in buying one (or both) dm me or send an email to maximillian.surveyor@gmail.com.

do you have photos of the crane loader?

2 hours ago, 9v system said:

do you have photos of the crane loader?

I am afraid not as it is now sorted into pieces (though I distinctly remember taking one but can't seem to find it) but I assure you I have checked all pieces are there and all were purchased according to the instructions parts list. 

41 minutes ago, Darth Max said:

I am afraid not as it is now sorted into pieces (though I distinctly remember taking one but can't seem to find it) but I assure you I have checked all pieces are there and all were purchased according to the instructions parts list. 

what country do you live in? postage might be a killer