DrJB

Aujourd'hui nous sommes tous avec la France !

This topic has been moved from the Technic forum to the Community forum where it is more appropriate. Please share your thoughts as you would to fellow friends, and please don't give staff a reason to keep this topic locked.

Original Post

I pondered whether this was politically correct, especially in such a neutral/international forum. Yet, one cannot remain quiet about the horrific events that took place in Paris. To those amongst us from France, may you have the courage to heal/recover, and prevail over this, you're all in our thoughts.

MODs: If you feel this topic is inappropriate, please remove.

Edited by Phred

By all means, what happened was horrible indeed, but I disapprove of the way it gets so much media attention. Things like this happens all the time, yet it's only when it happens close to home that the (western) world unites, shows solidarity, etc etc. You didn't see all of Facebook changing their profile pictures to the Lebanese flag when just a couple of days ago suicide bombers killed at least 40 and injured hundreds in Beirut.

Hopefully this horrific act of terrorism will indeed have a uniting effect towards fighting a common enemy, but it shouldn't have to for that to happen. French people shouldn't be "worth more" to the rest of the world than citizens of any other country.

Please don't hate on me for posting this, as it's not necessarily aimed at being politically correct, and just reflects my personal opinion. But the way I see it, this is one of the major flaws of the world today.

Condolenses goes out to anyone directly affected by these attacks. But these kind of things happen on an almost daily basis for lots of people around the world

EDIT:

Also, I don't feel this topic has anything to do on a Lego forum. There are more than enough other channels for people to show their support and express their feelings.

Again, just my personal opinion

Edited by D3K

I'm sure the sentiment is appreciated, but perhaps this is the catalyst which encourages our illustrious thread creator to investigate the numerous other subforums where particular topics would be better received.

Please, dont bring this here. Lets talk about Lego here, there are lots of other places outside eb for that.

I vote to remove This.

No offence to anyone, but keep a Lego forum like this free off political statements and other things that happen in the world.

Use Facebook for that or YouTube.

If we go that path, this forum will die an ugly death by religious disagreements.

Because that is what all this terror is about.

By all means, what happened was horrible indeed, but I disapprove of the way it gets so much media attention. Things like this happens all the time, yet it's only when it happens close to home that the (western) world unites, shows solidarity, etc etc. You didn't see all of Facebook changing their profile pictures to the Lebanese flag when just a couple of days ago suicide bombers killed at least 40 and injured hundreds in Beirut.

Hopefully this horrific act of terrorism will indeed have a uniting effect towards fighting a common enemy, but it shouldn't have to for that to happen. French people shouldn't be "worth more" to the rest of the world than citizens of any other country.

Please don't hate on me for posting this, as it's not necessarily aimed at being politically correct, and just reflects my personal opinion. But the way I see it, this is one of the major flaws of the world today.

Condolenses goes out to anyone directly affected by these attacks. But these kind of things happen on an almost daily basis for lots of people around the world

EDIT:

Also, I don't feel this topic has anything to do on a Lego forum. There are more than enough other channels for people to show their support and express their feelings.

Again, just my personal opinion

I tried to say the same to people around me here, but they all thought it was nonsense what I was saying.

I completely agree with everything you say.

While I agree that the Western media gives more weight to tragedies in the West, I do really wonder if this is specific to Western media. Although what you are saying is true, and all people are worth the same, I personally believe that this is a time to mourn, and that out of respect for those in France, we shouldn't be making this kind of argument about who has it worse in the world at this specific time.

That having been said, I just want to say, to any French reading this, that I am truly moved by what happened, and that I hope that peace is brought to France (and the rest of the world) and that justice is brought to those responsible. Vive la France!

Edited by johnnyvgoode

I vote to remove This.

No offence to anyone, but keep a Lego forum like this free off political statements and other things that happen in the world.

Use Facebook for that or YouTube.

If we go that path, this forum will die an ugly death by religious disagreements.

Because that is what all this terror is about.

+1

Yes, what happened is horrible but we can not be a forum that takes part and have a opinion of all things in the world. My thoughts are with France but this is wrong place to start discussion of these matters... Like Dafgek says it will destroy the true meaning of this forum if we start to discuss every horrible thing in the world...

Yes, we all agree this, and similar, are tragedies. Let this forum, and Eurobricks, be our refuge from the real world.

This topic has been moved from the Technic forum to the Community forum where it is more appropriate. Please share your thoughts as you would to fellow friends, and please don't give staff a reason to keep this topic locked.

I come her to get away from stuff like that, i come here to share my Lego-ideas and see others, i come here to forget, that i promised the wife that i would do the dishes, i come her to forget the bills. And i indeed come here NOT to see violence, that has the slightest strings to what happend in the name of "islam" and any other group that use religion as a reason for brutality like that.

Not even to debate it, if i would, i would join politics...but i´m to cleaver for that kind of people.

TS, you are indeed not hated. :wink: