Vader

New City Set Pics for 2008

I mean, the construction pack is alright (maybe even worth a buy because i'm a sucker for Misc. vehicles), but the harbor...Yick.

Edited by maiq the liar

New Lego City set for 2008, a Police Helicopter:

7741-1.jpg

Not that bad, in fact, i like it!

A nice tuch are the Handcuffs, never saw that before. The light under the cockpit is also nice.

What do you people think ?

- RupeeClock

This set has been discussed here !!

Tks for your enthusiasm RupeeClock, but please check before posting (rwice) a new topic that is already under discussion ;-)

Closed

*yoda*

I don't mind that new police chopper. It looks like it builds on the one from the current police station, but they've lengthened the body a little, put a better main rotor blade on top and the spotlight underneath. Not bad at all! *sweet*

I think the 2008 city sets are ... kinda blocky.

I hope TLC will get back on the old routes from sets designing.

- RupeeClock

The plane: Horrible, the price to piece ratio will probably be poor as was the case with 7994. This looks nothing like anything a real police force would use. What do they have in their anyway, another plane of reasonable size?

The truck: My reaction to this set was meh. It is actually a very plain set, not that bad not that great. Sadly the roof has yet another new wedge piece and the front looks dumb. They should've had a sattelite and light like in previous versions.

The helicopter: Beautiful. A nice 4 wide heli with a decent design and some good accesories, that's what I'm talking about.

Build Your Own Harbor & Road Construction: This is definately a step in the right directionl This is lego once again encouraging kids to use their heads when building with lego and is clearly intended for that purpose. Its not just a bucket of pieces but a crossover set for young builders. Then again this might be another time-cruiser type scam to get rid of extra pieces. :-D

I found a pic of the instructionbooklet of the new policestation 7744, especially it's interior.

I like the one-way-window idea in the interrogation room!

Warning, Large pics!

The link

Oops I posted a link to that on a different tread. I hope its not causing confusion

Wow i really like th enew police station! *wub* Some of the details make it stand out such as the watercooler, the jail cells, interrogaton room, and you cant forget the new handcuffs *wub*

I cant wait for a review of the helicopter though, as well as the postal sets!

DP8

I don't think the term "2008 Sets" is right, all those "2008 Sets" are already in stores now. 8-

I am starting to like the police station more and more. Thanks for the pics. The interior looks good, I like the water cooler!

The police helicopter looks awesome, for some reason I realll like the blue and white, anyway, my police force needs a new paint scheme.... >:-)

Cool! *y* Thanks for the pics Hinckley for the umpteenth time! *sweet*

Batbrick Away! >:-)