Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Thank you so much for stealing the picture (in low resolution) from my Flickr stream (link in my signature). What a nice guy you are!

Don't you find that 'somewhat' hypocritical? ... I mean, you publicly post a picture of LEGO part that has not been officially released, from a LEGO set that has not been officially released, and so we can assume also, the photograph itself has also not been officially provided nor released by LEGO, and you accuse him of stealing from you.

I don't get it.

I can only assume the picture was taken by L@go at an occasion where the set was shown, so I don't see how this is comparable to someone uploading his picture to their own flickr stream. I also don't quite understand why you seem to feel the need to intervene in an issue that has been handled in a very polite manner by both sides and try to derail a thread in the process.

I say case closed and let's get this thread back on topic.

@Rick

Giddy-up! :thumbup:

Back on topic: We are really looking forward to this one.

It seems to be a Lego custom recently to release the modular in January, in stead of December (which would mean it could serve as a Christmas present), but I guess most AFOLs either get money for Christmas, or they just return all their presents to the shops and buy the modular with the refunds. :laugh:

Any chance of VIPs getting early access? I can't remember from last year's modular.

I *think* we got early access (like the 28th Dec) for the DO, but I could be wrong. I look every so often to see if there is an updated status. I do note we did *not* get early access for the Dr Who Ideas set :(

Count-Down has started... about 22 days to go before i will cut the seals of my two brandnew BrickBank sets... So a week later, i hope to present you my new XL-version of the Brick Bank!! Can't wait!!

Cool, can't wait to see it. :grin:

It was mentioned several times since the day of the first photos that there will be no early vip release.

and neither for the gb firehouse.

I wasn't expecting a earliy VIP-release, but it would have been greet to have this set for Christmas... On the other hand, during Christmas, i've got so much to do with my family, so there would be hardly any time left for building.. And the beginning of january is mostly a cold black hole were you drop in, just after the holidays.. so getting the BrickBank at about january 6 is not such a bad time to keep a good mood!! See it from the bright side.. Outside it seems there is no winter at all.. today is all time record for december here in the Netherlands.. 15 degrees Celsius PLUS! Way too warm....!!

I wasn't expecting a earliy VIP-release, but it would have been greet to have this set for Christmas... On the other hand, during Christmas, i've got so much to do with my family, so there would be hardly any time left for building.. And the beginning of january is mostly a cold black hole were you drop in, just after the holidays.. so getting the BrickBank at about january 6 is not such a bad time to keep a good mood!! See it from the bright side.. Outside it seems there is no winter at all.. today is all time record for december here in the Netherlands.. 15 degrees Celsius PLUS! Way too warm....!!

I have my Ferris Wheel to keep me company for the first couple of days of the New Year. Will probably wait for double points to get the Brick Bank, unless there's a particularly tempting polybag. Or Wall-E shows signs of selling out. The pain of being in NZ is that the free shipping threshold is $400, so I really have to buy multiple things to reach it.

...i couldn't wait so lang with a set i think.... I'm considering if i could buy the BrickBank online in Germany, and have it delivered in Holland... The difference in price is Eur 20,- for one set.. and i want two.. so 40 euro's is worth trying. I live only 10 kilomters from the Dutch/German border.. but the nearest Lego-shop is over an hour drive.. so then i would loose the 40 euros for fuel.... Guess i'll end up paying to much, and ordering through the Dutch LEGO.com site...

I don't think you can order from one site to an address in another, but you can take your wife for lunch in Germany and save the difference on gas with lego.

I am thinking of postponing buying it until I can go to Germany or someone I know is passing through.

I don't think you can order from one site to an address in another, but you can take your wife for lunch in Germany and save the difference on gas with lego.

I am thinking of postponing buying it until I can go to Germany or someone I know is passing through.

Yeah, i'll guess you're right... someone wrote me he had ordered in Germany once, but i'm not sure how he did that... according to the Lego.com site, i can log in, and then change the country... so, technically it is possible, but the order might be rejected.... I think i have to order two for 170 euros each and just enjoy the fast delivery in Holland...Taking my girlfriend out for lunch...hmm.....

You can order in a different country, I have done that several times! The problem is that you need to ship it to the same country you order in, so in your case send it too a German friend/relative.

Some years ago the dollar was almost half of its current value, in addition it was impossible to buy exclusive sets in Norway at the time, so I ordered sets to friends studying there or visiting family etc..

In your case I would just take a road trip to the German brand store if it is only one hour drive and try combine it with some other stuff you want to do in the area :classic:

That's what I was planning to do, going to Germany (from Brussels to Köln) to buy the bank + the Ghostbusters building, saving 70€ compared to the S@H price. And as I don't have a wife to take for lunch, I'll even spare on that :D

That's what I was planning to do, going to Germany (from Brussels to Köln) to buy the bank + the Ghostbusters building, saving 70€ compared to the S@H price. And as I don't have a wife to take for lunch, I'll even spare on that :D

You might be even losing more money when you bump into a woman in Köln....even when it was for an hour or so...haha.. then you need to go to another bank instead of the BrickBank...

Seriously thinking about getting into the 'Expert' Creator line, and this looks as good as any building to start with.

My only issue is finding the room for them!

Heh, yeah, unfortunately that wouldn't work. :classic:

I live in a condominium building, and really have nowhere to 'build' a LEGO room.

There will soon be a review, i guess... so that will help you make your decisions on the BrickBank... For me it is clear already.. i don;t need a designervideo for that...;-) I'm actually wondering what the extra worth is of a designer video... is it the story behind the set or just seeing how the set is made and what its functions are? We've got pretty good pictures from the BrickBank.. that is more than enough for me..

I've never needed a designer video to decide. For me all that matters is that it's a modular, and a building with a proper back.

There will soon be a review, i guess... so that will help you make your decisions on the BrickBank... For me it is clear already.. i don;t need a designervideo for that...;-) I'm actually wondering what the extra worth is of a designer video... is it the story behind the set or just seeing how the set is made and what its functions are? We've got pretty good pictures from the BrickBank.. that is more than enough for me..

What I always liked about them is when the designer layed out some of his thoughts and ideas that went into the building...or just special parts of the build or rare parts/colors he pointed out. I like getting background info.

The last ones I saw didn't really do that though, they were more like detailed commercials checking off the points also mentioned in the set's written description.

Yeah, for new parts it would be good.. but then again.. once you've bought the set, it is good fun to see new parts in the set you just opened.. I will be a buyer who orders the set on january first!!