Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

9 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

Would they be allowed to post official product images with another license IP? Everything in that shot would’ve been planned. Could this potentially confirm a new partnership with Lego and Doctor Who? 

Would be incredibly awesome to have sets for the RTD2 ( and hopefully some way to get all the doctors), I'm hoping the Disney deal ( international distribution) can give it enough attention for this to be possible...

However a police box was a real life object so they could probably have that in the pic with no copyright required.

Though it is an *interesting* choice and more associated with Doctor Who than the actual object. Maybe we can expect a generic police box set that might as well be the TARDIS but might as well be?

Maybe it means nothing. Maybe theres just a who fan ( or more) at TLG. But maybe, just maybe we will live to see Lego Doctor Who again.

I think Doctor Who CMF is a perfect idea, just mix of Doctor Who (1 -  14, War), their companions, hisical characters, and alien races (Weeping Angel,  Dalek, etc). Just so many characters we need!

And I NEED a TARDIS set…

On 6/14/2023 at 7:48 PM, Murdoch17 said:

I wonder what it means?!?

Buildable rattan baskets confirmed!

On 6/15/2023 at 2:55 AM, Agent Kallus said:

However a police box was a real life object so they could probably have that in the pic with no copyright required.

Though it is an *interesting* choice and more associated with Doctor Who than the actual object. Maybe we can expect a generic police box set that might as well be the TARDIS but might as well be?

I find it unlikely that Lego would do a Police Box set unattached to Doctor Who - I mean, they could easily have done Aston Martin, DeLorean, and Dodge Charger sets not connected to any media franchise and instead went for iconic franchise team ups on those despite cars being pretty easy to sell on their own. 

The appearance of a Police Box in the background of a lifestyle photo does give me hope though - it just so unnecessarily specific and Lego has put clues to sets that are in the pipeline in the background of pictures or interviews before. 

I could easily see Lego doing a collectors edition TARDIS using a similar format as the archway in the Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary set - big blue box the opens up like a dollhouse to reveal several small scenes inside, either half a dozen different console rooms or half a dozen scenes from various locations, all featuring a different Doctor an companion(s). I would be a good way to kick start a proper theme, perhaps next to a wave of kid friendly sets based off the 15th Doctor’s first series that Disney will want to push with younger audiences, and maybe even a cmf (fingers crossed). 

52994129984_5efc67fdf3_z.jpg

Scrolling through Facebook and saw this. She (don't know her name) is going to be the new companion in Doctor Who, and has what seems to be official mini-figures of her and the 15th Doctor in her hands. Couple this with the TARDIS I saw in the background of the CITY set 60380's lifestyle pictures, could more LEGO Doctor Who be on the way? I think it's getting more likely by the day!

Edited by Murdoch17

43 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

52994129984_5efc67fdf3_z.jpg

Scrolling through Facebook and saw this. She (don't know her name) is going to be the new companion in Doctor Who, and has what seems to be official mini-figures of her and the 15th Doctor in her hands. Couple this with the TARDIS I saw in the background of the CITY set 60380's lifestyle pictures, could more LEGO Doctor Who be on the way? I think it's getting more likely by the day!

Almost did a backflip when seeing this. Although sadly I’ve had a closer look at them now and from what the comments say it seems a fan gave these to her. They appear to be custom minifigures. I don’t believe hope is dead though, that Tardis background prop I do believe is a hint. 

Edited by Grabdatgem

On 6/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, Agent Kallus said:

Maybe we can expect a generic police box set that might as well be the TARDIS but might as well be?

No chance of that imo. Police boxes as an actual thing unrelated to Doctor Who have basically never had relevance outside the UK, and probably haven't been seen in the UK for fifty years at this point - they're so indelibly linked with Who that anyone, the BBC included, would immediately know what they're doing. In fact, the BBC actually has a trademark over the image.

46 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

could more LEGO Doctor Who be on the way? I think it's getting more likely by the day!

Don't do this to me... don't give me hope...

In all seriousness I've had Doctor Who as the most likely licence for Lego to take on since 2007 (obviously after Star Wars and Harry Potter, which were both old by then) so I'm genuinely surprised we've gone this long without having a full theme. It seems perfect for Lego - it's an excuse to go to any and all time periods (and futuristic settings), and the sheer number of characters means they can have exclusive minifigures for fans while still giving the kids their favourites in the cheaper sets.

3 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

Anyone think the new “Space CMF” could be doctor who???

Not me.

Seeing this thread bumped made my heart jump.

18 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

Anyone think the new “Space CMF” could be doctor who???

But unfortunately I think we have no reason to think that, I’d love a who CMF, but I think it’s even less likely than sets as Lego only seems to want to make one CMF at a time.

Though if there ever was a time it's now, what with the 60th, and the big relaunch for the new series and the D+ deal and all that.

There's also a new theme leaked for next match with sets ranging from $15 to $75 ( though the $75 has an abysmal part count, though maybe that's because it's 18+ classic Who tardis with the first 7 Doctors? Almost definitely not but I cannot stop dreaming).

Edit: Sorry for double posting, I should have just edited the prior post, I just thought they'd merge.

Edited by Agent Kallus

35 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

There's also a new theme leaked for next match with sets ranging from $15 to $75

It’s rumoured to be an Animal Crossing theme though :poke:

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Though if there ever was a time it's now, what with the 60th, and the big relaunch for the new series and the D+ deal and all that.

There's also a new theme leaked for next match with sets ranging from $15 to $75 ( though the $75 has an abysmal part count, though maybe that's because it's 18+ classic Who tardis with the first 7 Doctors? Almost definitely not but I cannot stop dreaming).

Edit: Sorry for double posting, I should have just edited the prior post, I just thought they'd merge.

Yeah, I doubt they'd run right into a full theme, it'd be an icons set or maybe a CMF first 

Given how apparently there's an Aladdin set coming I'd hope if they do an Eleven figure he has a recoloured version of that hairpiece 

RTD definitly wants the show to become big again so I would love it if they did launch a line of sets. 

It never even occurred to me that the rumored ‘Space’ cmf might be a code name for Doctor Who , but I support it’s not impossible. I think we can all agree that if lego wanted to start a Doctor Who theme it would be best the involve a CMF. Fingers crossed for May or the as yet unknown September series. 

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

It never even occurred to me that the rumored ‘Space’ cmf might be a code name for Doctor Who , but I support it’s not impossible. I think we can all agree that if lego wanted to start a Doctor Who theme it would be best the involve a CMF. Fingers crossed for May or the as yet unknown September series. 

We are getting a space CMF? Awesome, I'll buy a few on Bricklink! But if it turns out to be Doctor Who instead, I might need to sell a kidney or two... especially as they just switched to blind boxes for CMF, with no way to feel the figures. :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

We are getting a space CMF? Awesome, I'll buy a few on Bricklink! But if it turns out to be Doctor Who instead, I might need to sell a kidney or two... especially as they just switched to blind boxes for CMF, with no way to feel the figures. :cry_sad:

Yeah, the blind boxes are a real bummer, I get why lego is doing it, but it’s a real bummer that they weren’t able to make paper bags work. I consider myself lucky that I’m not interested in Marvel or collecting full unlicensed series - I can sit back and watch how things go on eBay and bricklink for at least the next two series and see whether buying from a reseller or getting a full case and selling on the extras is more viable for me if there’s ever a full series I want a full set from again. 

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I think it may be an unlicensed series?

Yeah, Im’ not a fan of blind boxes but well… I will buy them off eBay. 

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

I think it may be an unlicensed series?

Nobody knows at the moment, it could be an unlicensed space themed series, a licensed space themed series, or even a totally unrelated license that ‘space’ has just been used as a codename for. 

Whatever the case, there’s also a completely unknown September series slated, so I think between them we’ve got at least something to set our hopes on even if nothing is concrete yet 

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Nobody knows at the moment, it could be an unlicensed space themed series, a licensed space themed series, or even a totally unrelated license that ‘space’ has just been used as a codename for. 

It seems Brick Clicker just confirms it himself.

1 minute ago, Lion King said:

It seems Brick Clicker just confirms it himself.

From what I’ve seen, he saying less “I’ve seen something that unambiguously confirms this” and more “it’s not written in the set lists like a licensed series would be, and using ‘space’ for an unlicensed theme’s codename wouldn’t make any sense, so this makes the most sense”.

Occam’s Razor says he’s probably right, but themed unlicensed series have been on so many peoples’ wishlists for so long that I refuse to not remain skeptical about it until we see something more concrete. 

Because we have have evidently gone a bit feral here I have another wild hope.

Icons set 10330 is appropriately $80 for approx 700 parts releasing in march so it could a licensed icons Doctor Who set. Incredibly unlikely for it be doctor who (but I have to tell myself that as too much hope is dangerous) but it is possible, I think that's be a good price range for a TARDIS interior, maybe with the exterior included as well.

20 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Because we have have evidently gone a bit feral here I have another wild hope.

Icons set 10330 is appropriately $80 for approx 700 parts releasing in march so it could a licensed icons Doctor Who set. Incredibly unlikely for it be doctor who (but I have to tell myself that as too much hope is dangerous) but it is possible, I think that's be a good price range for a TARDIS interior, maybe with the exterior included as well.

Has Lego done licensed Icons sets? Like, obviously I know about things like the Friends apartments and the Queer Eye set, but did those set numbers show up as one of many on a list of Icons sets? 

Genuine question by the way because I’ve been wondering much the same thing. It’s been awhile since lego put out the Doctor Who Ideas set, so between that and the new Disney partnership it would make sense for them to retest the waters to see what kind of response the theme gets and how receptive the public would be to a full line of playsets. A larger Icons set based on the TARDIS plus maybe a cmf would let them do that. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Has Lego done licensed Icons sets? Like, obviously I know about things like the Friends apartments and the Queer Eye set, but did those set numbers show up as one of many on a list of Icons sets? 

The larger-scale versions of the James Bond Aston Martin, Ghostbusters ECTO-1, and Back to the Future DeLorean are all in the Icons / Creator Expert range, so I imagine there's enough precedent there. Somehow I don't see a CMF happening, but BrickHeadz seem to be the go-to route for otherwise dormant licenses. I think another possibility could be a large brick-built Dalek at a similar scale to the buildable droids from Star Wars.

I just can't see a CMF being done.

With 12 slots you couldn't fit every Doctor. And even if we still had 16 slots to include them, you wouldnt be able to include any companion.

And even if you still could add Doctors and Companions, you still would need to add some monsters and villains.

Like I know it's better than nothing, but I don't think it would be satisfying to get like, what, 4 Doctors? How do you decide which ones to put into the series?