legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

I am going to have to agree with KimT on the castle on the corner of the box.

It has a different overall shape.

I have also noticed that the Wizard tower on the side of the main tower is absent in the

picture as well.

Edited by Eldar

In addition to the orc queen we also have photos of an upcoming human queen as well, shown next to the Temple of Doom Willie Scott in this photograph courtesy of Mr. Nannan Zhang.

2912537014_5039caae6c_b.jpg

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the queen minifig in the pic will appear with the jester from the advent calendar in a castle or king's court set some time in 2009. But that's just a guess.

Looks like a faint shape of the King's Castle Siege to me on the box art, except the mirror image (bridge on wrong side, bizarre small tower on the other).

I did notice that a little while after my post that it is mirrored and turned

about 20 degrees.

I still wish it was a new castle though. :hmpf_bad:

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the queen minifig in the pic will appear with the jester from the advent calendar in a castle or king's court set some time in 2009. But that's just a guess.

Why are you all guys thinking that this is the crownies queen??? In fact, if you consider that her dress is blue and not dark blue, it could be possible that she is another maiden, either from pirates or perhaps, and why not, the elvish queen.. :) We are all thinking that Elves will be in a green color scheme... but they could as well be Sea Elves and be in a blue scheme... In LOTR, the color is more near to greyish blue than to green... Just a thought.

Edited by frogstudio

I totally agree. It would be great to see the "credits" for this and other amazing sets. TLG, many, many thanks.. :)

I've cleaned up the image of the Orc Queen so that we can have a better view at it.

post-2684-1223267650.jpg

Edited by frogstudio

Well, I consider her definitely to be a Crownies Queen. The only thing that bothers me, gentlemen, is the way the crown is attached to the hairpiece. I mean, how exactly is that done? :sad: I hope there's no hole in that hairpiece, as it was, say, in Indians line back in 1998.... But the crown itself looks great! ) :thumbup:

The other thing Matthew Ashton told us at BrickCon was that there will be no elf sets this year...

The other thing Matthew Ashton told us at BrickCon was that there will be no elf sets this year...

YES!!!!11 :grin:

No pesky elves mean we might be getting the mermen/mermaids.

And by the looks of that Orcish Queen/Witchdoctor, I hope the Orc/troll side will grow immensly.

Also we need more dwarves :thumbup: '

I'll add the Orcish Queen picture to the first post.

Does anyone have a great cleaned picture of the human princess?

Thanks Hinckley for that update. If there is no Elves sets next year, there is a possibility for 2010's design, provided that TLG will continue Fantasy Castle theme to its 4th year. I certainly hope they will continue to do so. This theme has lots of potential. :wub:

With this piece of news, I am sure we will see an "expansion" on current Castle sets' design, with new add-ons. It will also means more "Town sets" which we have seen earlier such as the Medieval Market Villiage. More playsets which may involved in building and vehicles types in Orcs, Humans, Dwarves or Skeleton.

Nevertheless, we have seen the first set to be reveal in 2009, and it's certainly is one of the most promising and outstanding set ever released. :thumbup:

And by the looks of that Orcish Queen/Witchdoctor, I hope the Orc/troll side will grow immensly.

These are my exact thoughts too! :wub:

Well, you say this year - as in 2008? Since there was a Dwarf set in late 2007. I remember someone saying a while back that they saw the designs for the Elf figs and that they were something to behold. Either way, I'm really hoping for Elves in 2009.

Well, I consider her definitely to be a Crownies Queen. The only thing that bothers me, gentlemen, is the way the crown is attached to the hairpiece. I mean, how exactly is that done? :sad: I hope there's no hole in that hairpiece, as it was, say, in Indians line back in 1998.... But the crown itself looks great! ) :thumbup:

This is what bothers me as well, I really hope it isn't that noticeable. Does anyone know the size of the holes?

Damn, but hopefully that either means a different new faction or an increased emphasis on those poor Dwarfs who were neglected tihs year. And an Orc castle, please :wink:

YES!!!!11 :grin:

No pesky elves mean we might be getting the mermen/mermaids.

I hope that the Orc side grows immensely too, with new minifigs added to the ranks. I more hope though that we get more dwarf sets, and hopefully as you say Mermaids or something will be added.

Thanks Hinckley for that update. If there is no Elves sets next year, there is a possibility for 2010's design, provided that TLG will continue Fantasy Castle theme to its 4th year. I certainly hope they will continue to do so. This theme has lots of potential. :wub:

Agreed, this line is quickly becoming my favourite ever, I hope it continues ot a great degree, there are many sets to be released!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Agreed, this line is quickly becoming my favourite ever, I hope it continues ot a great degree, there are many sets to be released!

Oh, the heresy! ) :sing:Batbrick, don't you dare leave Baman for Castle!!!! ) Just a joke, of course. )

Indeed the current line is goind to be great, I think. ) I really am looking forward to seeing new castles, characters, etc....

:classic:

Thank you very much for that information, Hinckley! :sweet:

This inforamtion is for me very neutral since I don't like all this fantasy stuff in general - orcs as well as elves.

To the two new minifigs:

The Orcs Queen looks very gloomy but really good. I'll try to get her seperately since I surely won't buy an orcs castle.

The Queen looks sweet. I think it's very likely that she'll be included in a possible Castle advent calendar next year. But I'll surely buy the Castle advent calendar next year (if there is one - but I bet that there'll be one) anyway.

Klaus-Dieter

Well, you say this year - as in 2008? Since there was a Dwarf set in late 2007. I remember someone saying a while back that they saw the designs for the Elf figs and that they were something to behold. Either way, I'm really hoping for Elves in 2009.

Well stop hoping. The statement was that there would be new castle sets is '09, but sorry-no elves sets. Sorry... :cry_sad:

Well stop hoping. The statement was that there would be new castle sets is '09, but sorry-no elves sets. Sorry... :cry_sad:

Ah, blast it all. Was the news that they would be sticking to the same four factions they've already done, or just that there'd be no Elves?

I suppose there's always 2010!

I think that actually isn't too bad, i'd rather have some more civilian stuff next year. For elves is stll enough time as i think this castle theme will go on very long into the future, it has got masses of potencial. And they didn't say there would never be elves sets, right? :tongue:

For elves is stll enough time as i think this castle theme will go on very long into the future, it has got masses of potencial...

Indeed, if TLC is smart, it'll carry the current fantasy theme until at least the first Hobbit film is released in 2010 and probably until the second in 2011. Elves feature in the book (the subject of the 2010 film) and I'd be very surprised if they were cut from the movie.

That Orc queen/witch is a sweet figure, not least because of the neat head and green lightning staff. It's funny, it's also one of the few female minifigs I don't fancy. :laugh:

The Crownie Queen is also a very nice figure. I assume the crown pegs into holes in the back of the hairpiece. Hopefully they won't be too noticeable when the crown isn't in, but it's still a very cool idea.

It's a bit of a shame there're no elves next year, but if that means more focus on the trolls/orcs and dwarves, then fine.

The Elven sets would be great, but I really think we are getting so much already we have no reason to complain.

Releasing the Medieval Market is something I couldn't even dream off, it contains so much new accessories and minifigs, and the Orcs get their new Queen. As I said before, I :wub: that Orc Queen... (no, not THAT way)

I'd be very surprised if they were cut from the movie.

Well considering that there would be no dwarves in barrels without elves, they'll pretty much be in the Hobbit.

I also think that these new crown tiara pieces probably attach via a plume hole.

Edited by hewkii9