VintageLegoEra

Vintage Lego System 1491 Duel Defender polybag! Review !

Lego 1491 Dual Defender  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this Set?

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Bad

Hello Again with another Classic Set Review: The Lego System 1491 Duel Defender polybag....... :thumbup:

Theme: Black Knight

This Set was Released in 1992. It has 40 Parts and 2 Minifigures.

The Set has nothing much to mention Except for the following:

1)- Although it is small , but the 2 minifigures with Shield and Swords are just making the set BIG!!...These are very great and valuable number of minifigures for such a small set!

2)- The Rotating Mechanism is smooth and so Realistic

3)- The Only thing i see not correct is the 3 pieces of the green plates which makes the foundation easy to break-Up. I dont know why LEGO didnt just made it 1 Plate!!

Overall a great addition to the Monarch's Castle! :)

Enjoy the Photos!

20111035684_32336afa17.jpg

20740479341_a20ec9b08d.jpg

* I Love how the Polybag are designed and packed!

20545587640_191af92804.jpg

* Yummy! Fresh Parts :)

20545721588_2f5baa51ae.jpg

* Best Parts of the Set...Only these 2 Minifigures with their Gears can cost Triple the Set's price ;)

20545685200_0ecceeae8d.jpg

20545670758_2610710a0f.jpg

20724335562_2011ff3ca3.jpg

20545639510_0e3ac02425.jpg

* Lovely Addition to Black Knight Sets!

Extra Parts!

20111113294_ae97cb3a50.jpg

* For such a small set , a Sword as an Extra part is just Soo Valuable!

Enjoy :)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

The Extra Parts picture has exactly the same parts as the set, so is there double of everything?

The Extra Parts picture has exactly the same parts as the set, so is there double of everything?

Loool.....Thanks for that!...Already Corrected :)

Good review! How did you get your hands on a 23 year old unopened polybag? :oh:

Hehehe,....Cos i Love building Lego and make a nice theme instead letting these in storage and wasting them there!...plus i am not looking to keep sets for investment ;)..

Also i have many Sealed vintage Pirate and Castle sets which will be built soon!

Always Enjoy they way you desire!

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Absolutely great set. I love it. I would be glad to own it one time. Nice review, too.

Absolutely great set. I love it. I would be glad to own it one time. Nice review, too.

Thanks Mate!....you have to obtain it, small set but so valuable :)

Nice review! This was a great set back in the day, two soldiers and a catapult in a pollybag is a great army builder!

Hehehe,....Cos i Love building Lego and make a nice theme instead letting these in storage and wasting them there!...plus i am not looking to keep sets for investment ;)..

Also i have many Sealed vintage Pirate and Castle sets which will be built soon!

Always Enjoy they way you desire!

Cheers

Imagine having a wine cellar with many unopened 10-20-year old wines and opening one bottle at a time at special occasions... And then post about perfumes, taste and colors. One day i will implement one such "LEGO" cellar too next to my wine cellar. One day... :)

But until then, we have your awesome old set reviews! Ah, the fond memories...! Thanks!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Imagine having a wine cellar with many unopened 10-20-year old wines and opening one bottle at a time at special occasions... And then post about perfumes, taste and colors. One day i will implement one such "LEGO" cellar too next to my wine cellar. One day... :)

But until then, we have your awesome old set reviews! Ah, the fond memories...! Thanks!

Waoo...would be a great combo ;-)...

Thank you Very Much! :-)...exactly, old nice memories always will be there..

Cheers

Amazing idea! I have no money for this yet, but I'll keep it in mind :wink:

This is possibly the most heavily played-with set from my childhood - I believe that the nose-guards from both helmets have broken off, one of the shields handle has broken off, and Im beginning to think I lost the other shield, and the smile on one of the faces has faded away into almost nothing - the only minifig on which this has happened (now I hide it by using it as Majistos head). And I have a sword broken at the hilt and another broken at them´middle, both of which I suspect come from this set...

No other set of mine is in such a worn out condition.

Good times.

This is possibly the most heavily played-with set from my childhood - I believe that the nose-guards from both helmets have broken off, one of the shields handle has broken off, and Im beginning to think I lost the other shield, and the smile on one of the faces has faded away into almost nothing - the only minifig on which this has happened (now I hide it by using it as Majistos head). And I have a sword broken at the hilt and another broken at them´middle, both of which I suspect come from this set...

Good times.

Good times.

looks like you had a vey great time playing with this Set :)

Don't know how I missed this one when it was first posted, but thanks!

This is one of the few classic castle sets I don't have, so it's fun to see. Love the alternate build!

man i wish they made poly bags like these today. This

is very neat

Lego used to be so generous back in the day! Just look at how many minifigures you got in the old castles compared to the new ones etc. On the other hand lego has always been quite expensive, hasn't it?

Lego used to be so generous back in the day! Just look at how many minifigures you got in the old castles compared to the new ones etc. On the other hand lego has always been quite expensive, hasn't it?

When comes to Castle theme, LEGO back then was Great in their Sets ( Designs, Numbers of Minifigures, Size and Realistic look and price )....Since then, the theme instead of being well made it is moving to worse ( My opinion )...