Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The two GWPs look fabulous. I prefer them so much more to the reindeer one from last year. Brick Clicker says that they both have a $170 spend threshold. Elves on 19-20 Nov and Santa's Workshop in December. There are not many things on my wishlist at the moment, so it may be a hard decision over which to try and go for, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Santa's Workshop as the elves is very similar to last year, and Santa's workshop will go well with the winter village and 40106, which I rather like.

I like them both, the problem is coming up with 340.00 dollars Plus tax. Considering last years set is going for as little as 30 including shipping.on Ebay, I might just pick up the Elf one during double points, and wait to get workshop off Ebay. Unless of course I just buy everyone Lego's for Christmas

I was really expecting there were going to "fix" the cancelled one from last year, but these are nice anyway

11 hours ago, Scoog said:

I like them both. I plan to add finished roof to 40565 and combine w/ Santa's workshop 10245 and Elf workshop GWP 40106. I also really dig that BAM sweater torso. Anyone know the part number or if it's exclusive?

I think you have to go to Lego Store and buy that BAM stuff directly. No known part number. 

I like them better than last year. I don't $340 like them. So I'm thankful for that.

I really wish LEGO would release another Mrs. Claus. They have only down the one in the old Winter Village set and as a store BAM. (Plus a minidoll) I don't need more elves I need a Mrs. Claus.

47 minutes ago, Maple said:

I like them better than last year. I don't $340 like them. So I'm thankful for that.

I really wish LEGO would release another Mrs. Claus. They have only down the one in the old Winter Village set and as a store BAM. (Plus a minidoll) I don't need more elves I need a Mrs. Claus.

Agreed. I need a properly designed one with a sweet old-fashioned granny face with half-moon spectacles, a mob cap, and a torso that actually matches the apron print on the skirt. Maybe instead do legs with candy cane striped stockings and buckled shoes and a cloth skirt accessory with the apron print. Mrs. Claus instead exactly a floor-length dress kind of gal.

15 minutes ago, jpx said:

Where do you see the GWPs?

Instagram is the easiest place to find them.

28 minutes ago, CDM said:

Instagram is the easiest place to find them.

Oh yeah it’s very easy to find them then there are so many pics to scroll down. 

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Agreed. I need a properly designed one with a sweet old-fashioned granny face with half-moon spectacles, a mob cap, and a torso that actually matches the apron print on the skirt. Maybe instead do legs with candy cane striped stockings and buckled shoes and a cloth skirt accessory with the apron print. Mrs. Claus instead exactly a floor-length dress kind of gal.

I !00% agree with you. Santa Claus received an update last year - black boots. Mrs. Claus totally deserve some updates. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It's literally the second photo on the "Top" category.

I just watch Brick Clickers videos, he has them in one of his videos. 
(I'm assuming I can't post a link to leaks right?)

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

We're open to suggestions for easier ways

Reviews on Christmas BAM is up and it’s on Jay’s Brick Blog. I got a better close-up look. Gingerbread Lady looks okay. Mrs. Claus is ehh but her skirt is great. Boy with a Guitar is a must-have!

Brick Clicker is saying that the Winter Elves Scene (40564) is Nov 19-20 and Nov 25-28 ($170 threshold) and Santa's Workshop (40565) is Dec 1-24 ($170 threshold).

Plus 40563 Tribute to the LEGO House ($250 threshold) on Nov 19-20 and Nov 25-28.

So if you buy for 250 you get bouth? But anyway 170 is rather high threshold. Lego is pressing very high lately. 

Na, i will not spend my money on sets for tese GWP… $170 and $250 thresholds do sound absurd to me. I would buy GWP off secondary market… only if there is a good price.

I think I'm actually gonna spring for a Main Street set. The shallow depth of the buildings might actually be a feature rather than a bug for me since my display space is limited.

I was looking for the upcoming sales on lego.com when I noticed that there is a 40514 VIP Winter Wonderland listed as reward in VIP playfull holidays section for 1000 points, if anyone is interested in getting it.

I've started decorating for the season, which means putting together my Winter Village, including the new Main Street set! It actually works very well because of the aforementioned limited display space, but the toy shop build does render the original Winter Toy Shop a bit obsolete. I've been considering "retiring" some of my older WV sets as some of the pieces start to get brittle and crack, but another option for the old Toy Shop might be to change it to some other kind of shop! Any suggestions? I'm not a very experienced MOCer so I'd want to have to tweak the actual build as little as possible. With the display stands in the window and the little workshop area up top, I'm thinking maybe...an ornament shop?

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I've started decorating for the season, which means putting together my Winter Village, including the new Main Street set! It actually works very well because of the aforementioned limited display space, but the toy shop build does render the original Winter Toy Shop a bit obsolete. I've been considering "retiring" some of my older WV sets as some of the pieces start to get brittle and crack, but another option for the old Toy Shop might be to change it to some other kind of shop! Any suggestions? I'm not a very experienced MOCer so I'd want to have to tweak the actual build as little as possible. With the display stands in the window and the little workshop area up top, I'm thinking maybe...an ornament shop?

@Karalora A second-hand clothes shop (think Goodwill or Salvation Army) , with pants and shirts could go in the windows where the toys were, for example. A hat shop is another idea, with the space upstairs being the hatters little workshop. Other than that, maybe 'Scrooge & Marley' moneylending office, from "A Christmas Carol"? Scrooge's office would be upstairs, with Bob Cratchit dutifully toiling away downstairs on an adding machine. (the cash register designs from some WV sets would work nicely for this!)

Edited by Murdoch17