Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The front of santa`s house looks absolutely magnificent and detailed BUT ! the back and the interior is VERY disappointing. In my opinion it is very poor. No interior at all in fact its just a wall with a good looking front. Would it have hurt to make a small shack like in the winter family house to put the toy making machine??????? having it just thrown out there just takes away from the set. Heck they could of just continued with the wall house format and just make one freak-en wall to put the machine against to give some semblance of a workshop. even some wooden fences to create a corral for the reindeers would of been welcomed. And for $70!!!!!!! the house is smaller than the previous ones.

Despite all this I will still get the set and moc it.

Edited by kermit

Wow, looking at that interior, definitely something to MOD. I'd like some interior other than just a chair (although the chair does look nice)

The exterior looks decent, but not what I'd want. I'll still pick it up though.

Where is Mrs. Santa's kitchen?? Where can she bake a cake? And where's Mr. Santa's office? And the other one problem: too small house width. This is the worst official lego winter village set. (Sorry my english is very bad)

LEGO-Creator-Expert-Santas-Workshop-10245-Toysnbricks.jpg

LEGO-10245-Creator-Expert-Santas-Workshop-Toysnbricks.jpg

This is a three-fer for me. One to build, one to MOC, one to think about.

My WV will become a Santa's Village this year, a North Pole Village.

Andy D

My opinion of this set grew when I saw these new pics. The house seems easily modable, Mrs Claus looks great, the tree doesnt look as blocky as I thought at first glance and the machine is very nicely done. The interior also looks nice and cozy.

That said, Im not into the WV theme, and ill pass on this one as well. Im a bit disappointed in the prints used for the elves, and its a shame the cxonveyor belt isnt a real one, since theyve done working conveyor belts in the past. Maybe if the reindeer were molded, it would have swayed me. These brick-built ones look cute and all, but a mold is a mold.

I wonder when we will see the new(ish?) 2x2 round tile with hole with a christmas wreath print. Would seem better suited for it than the alternatives. Not that a green life preserver doesnt do the trick...

Does anyone know, what is that long blue sheet on the table?

As a whole, I love it! Especially the reindeers. The only thing that looks a little odd is Santa's armchair: the arms are too low.

Nice I especially like the armchair. The interior is similar in size as the original Winter Toy Workshop, so this is exactly as we could expect. Not a bad set. The reason why I will pass on it is because it does not really fit with the other 'realistic' sets. That being said: it is a lovely set!

It's definitely not my favorite of the line, but I'll pick it up. It has promise, and it has become a tradition with us now. The one thing that I will change right away (and I don't know why it bugs me so much) is the yellow clips (the string of lights) on the roof. The yellow looks really odd especially when all the other WV sets (I believe) used the white clips. I'll also probably present it as a temporary holiday location kids can get pictures with Santa in order to fit it in my city - not an actual (make believe) North Pole.

Anyway, I'm not thrilled, but it'll make for a nice Christmas build.

The exterior looks nice. the additional stuff is nice. The interior? Seriously lacking in literally everything! Really poorly designed. Seems they're hoping to sail on the success of the previous WV sets and don't care much for giving a decent interior. Unfortunately I buy this for my girlfriend and I know she'll love it so its still a buy from me, unfortunately.

In the US in November free winter skating scene with purchases over $99

so looks like the free set this year is a skating scene

sound good to me as my wife needs one to go with her wv she has the last 2 years sets

In the US in November free winter skating scene with purchases over $99

so looks like the free set this year is a skating scene

sound good to me as my wife needs one to go with her wv she has the last 2 years sets

Where did you get this info?

Oh nice. That's pretty cool!

yeah its something we are missing in our wv although I know there was on in one of the older sets, hope there is just one set this year like 2012 that was the best winter giveaway so far

TLG can't catch a break. They beef up a set count to deliver amazing playability and functions, somebody complains about the inflated price point. They design a set with less detail to keep the price down, somebody complains about not enough detail or complexity. I guess you can't make everyone happy.

Personally, I'd much rather see less interior details and try to deliver us a beautiful display set at a competitive price. For my family, the Winter sets do not count towards the Lego budget or kids wish lists, so I truly appreciate a complete house, the full sleigh and 6 minifigs for that price. Price is the biggest consideration for these sets-- sadly, I passed on last year's Winter entry because it just cost too darn much. I appreciate Lego recognizing the rising costs in this theme and bringing it back down to earth for some of us.

I'm less inclined to care about the interior since our winter scene is on the mantle. Thus no one other than myself will really ever see the interior.

I'm hoping the ice skating rink is a bit different from the one included with the winter village bakery. I've already expanded mine but some cool new minifigs would be great.

So it looks like there are two free winter sets this year like the ones we got last year. The first one is in October with purchases over $99 and goes with Santa's Workshop. The second you can get on black Friday and is the Skating scene.

Edited by SMC