Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

I know, right?

He looks awesome in this pic.... Sadly, he doesn't look like that in real life

Awesome indeed. Those colors would have been so amazing to get him in.

It's a bit ridiculous that they're so inconsistent with the release date.

About the Flying Warrior in the picture - He does look awesome there, but he's not the only figure that gives off the wrong impression. The Laser Mech's sword does NOT look like that at all. It's just disappointing to see how non-representative the renders are of the actual figures.

I agree, that sometimes the renders are not that close into representing the color of some the actual figures.

Awesome indeed. Those colors would have been so amazing to get him in.

In that pic, he looks even better than what he does in the renders

23929952662_24c18abb1c_o.jpg

Edited by Robert8

According to the latest Club Magazine, February release date. :sadnew:

In the european and australian Lego online shops they´re still listed on January 1st 2016.

But they´re not available in the US or canadian online shops.

Maybe there are different release dates for the american continent?

Also interesting:

Series 14 is listed as "sold out" in USA and Canada, but still available in Europe. :sceptic:

Edited by Mellow

In that pic, he looks even better than what he does in the renders

23929952662_24c18abb1c_o.jpg

Indeed. He looks way better. I was looking back at S5 Gladiator and that color gold they used for his helmet is amazing. I'm not sure what color gold it actually is, but it looks like a rose gold, similar to that picture you posted on the last page. If they would have used the gold color from the gladiator for the flying warrior it would have been better than the constant pearl gold we get.

In the european and australian Lego online shops they´re still listened on January 1st 2016.

But they´re not available in the US or canadian online shops.

Maybe there are different release dates for the american continent?

Also interesting:

Series 14 is listed as "sold out" in USA and Canada, but still available in Europe. :sceptic:

That's interesting and very disappointing. Well I've heard some targets are getting them in and leaving them in the back.

Why would they release Series 15 next friday in Europe and not in the US?

I just don't get it....

Indeed. He looks way better. I was looking back at S5 Gladiator and that color gold they used for his helmet is amazing. I'm not sure what color gold it actually is, but it looks like a rose gold, similar to that picture you posted on the last page. If they would have used the gold color from the gladiator for the flying warrior it would have been better than the constant pearl gold we get.

That would have been unlikely since the gold color is painted on the Gladiator's helmet and not molded. The inside of the Gladiator helmet is dark nougat, meaning the part was molded in a base color before the metallic is sprayed on, similar to the trophies of the Soccer Player and Hollywood Starlet, as well as the Conquistador's helmet and armor. The previously mentioned parts' connection points are left unsprayed since it would wear off after a while, and they get away with it because the connection points are hidden from view in normal cirumstances.

To that end, I don't think the spray-on metallics can work for parts like the Flying Warrior's wings and spear, where they can potentially have areas of wear at visible connection points that would show the base color underneath. Thus, the Flying Warrior would have to have his parts molded in that pearl gold color to keep things consistent. Now mind you, it still doesn't explain the mismatch in the molded colors, but that may have to do with when and how those parts were molded.

I don't know if we've ever had a pearl gold torso or legs, but those parts and the helmet are the ones that differ from parts that had already been made in pearl gold (the armor, wings, and spear) so that may play a role in the mismatch.

Edited by telaruhn

That would have been unlikely since the gold color is painted on the Gladiator's helmet and not molded. The inside of the Gladiator helmet is dark nougat, meaning the part was molded in a base color before the metallic is sprayed on, similar to the trophies of the Soccer Player and Hollywood Starlet, as well as the Conquistador's helmet and armor. The previously mentioned parts' connection points are left unsprayed since it would wear off after a while, and they get away with it because the connection points are hidden from view in normal cirumstances.

To that end, I don't think the spray-on metallics can work for parts like the Flying Warrior's wings and spear, where they can potentially have areas of wear at visible connection points that would show the base color underneath. Thus, the Flying Warrior would have to have his parts molded in that pearl gold color to keep things consistent. Now mind you, it still doesn't explain the mismatch in the molded colors, but that may have to do with when and how those parts were molded.

I didn't know of the gladiator's helmet. Isn't there a way to get that spray gold color into the actual mold instead of just painting it?

I just don't get it....

I´ve read a few weeks ago, that the production capacity of Lego is running to the limit, because of christmas and the strong demand of the new star wars sets.

Maybe they couldn´t produce enough of Series 15 to support the global markets simultaneously.

Otherwise it could also be just a weird marketing tactic we can´t understand... :hmpf:

Edited by Mellow

I just don't get it....

Because Lego is European and more popular here!

I didn't know of the gladiator's helmet. Isn't there a way to get that spray gold color into the actual mold instead of just painting it?

Not from what I've seen, unfortunately. Everything molded so far is pearl gold, not considering chromed parts since those use a different technique for the chrome effect. And both pearl and chrome metallics are vastly different from the spray-on metallics. The technology for the desired gold-ness just doesn't seem to be there yet.

I´ve read a few weeks ago, that the production capacity of Lego is running to the limit, because of christmas and the strong demand of the new star wars sets.

Maybe they couldn´t produce enough of Series 15 to support the global markets simultaneously.

Otherwise it could also be just a weird marketing tactic we can´t understand... :hmpf:

Damn you, Star Wars!

Thanks to Taobao Leaker Guy we know that LEGO produces these like 9 months before the release date, so I find this explanation kinda hard to swallow

But I guess we'll never learn the truth

Not from what I've seen, unfortunately. Everything molded so far is pearl gold, not considering chromed parts since those use a different technique for the chrome effect. And both pearl and chrome metallics are vastly different from the spray-on metallics. The technology for the desired gold-ness just doesn't seem to be there yet.

That sucks :cry_sad:

I did some reconnaissance yesterday and found out from a nearby store that sells loads of CMFs that:

- they are happy to breach TLG's street date embargo

- they have not received notification of latest CMFs being at their distribution centre

- they have not received marketing collateral (e.g. signage) for the next series and usually get it about a week before the product arrives in store

...all of which makes me suspect it won't be an early Jan release. It could be later in the month, but more likely Feb.

I won't be naming the store, but it's a branch of a national chain.

Thanks to Taobao Leaker Guy we know that LEGO produces these like 9 months before the release date, so I find this explanation kinda hard to swallow

That´s not really surprising to me.

Is is not unusual to start with production months before release date.

And I think this also applies to most/all other Lego sets.

In my opinion, it is very probably that Lego also startet to produce other today's new sets, so the early production date must not mean they had more production capacity that time.

But I´m not saying that this is the only right explanation. :wink:

Maybe Lego just expects better sales in America when starting in February.

The markets in Europe and North America are too different to exclude that theory.

But I´m not saying that this is the only right explanation. :wink:

Maybe Lego just expects better sales in America when starting in February.

The markets in Europe and North America are too different to exclude that theory.

It's odd to delay a release date in a year with 4 CMF releases

And the current series is Series 14, a Halloween themed series. That was relevant 2 months ago but not anymore. And it won't be replaced until February.

Even more, I would have expected an early release of CMF Series 15, not a delay.

Edited by Robert8

Might also be worth considering that the soccer series is going to be available in Europe, but probably not the USA ...so there's some sense in staggering this to give appropriate shelf time in the differing markets - namely Europe gets more of a run of series 15 before the soccer series shows up.

I think the release of this series in February in US maybe only in LEGO Stores and Shop@Home, but it might be expecting that they would release in some retail stores this January. Probably in Walgreens just like Series 12 that was released early in September 2014.

It's odd to delay a release date in a year with 4 CMF releases

And the current series is Series 14, a Halloween themed series. That was relevant 2 months ago but not anymore. And it won't be replaced until February.

I did not see any Series 14 at stores like Toys R US and Walmart since Halloween is already over, but I only saw them was at Walgreens. At least I got the Monster Rocker, Gargoyle, and Plant Monster.

Edited by legofanatic12

It is different around here. There were three boxes of Monsters minifigures at Target AFTER Christmas. Sadly, they were still full price. Toys of Us also had a couple boxes days before Christmas. Oddly enough I saw Simpsons Series 2 at one of the local Walgreens yesterday.

Edited by Blakstone

I called two Lego Stores this morning and both confirmed they did not receive any Series 15 yet and would not have them available January 1st. One of the stores specifically stated that the figures aren't due for release until February 1st.

Meanwhile, my local Target store still claims to have two boxes of minifigures in the stock room with a January 1, 2016 release date sticker. I've asked different employees so it's not just the toy manager messing with me. I'll check back there on the 1st and see what happens!

I, too, called the Lego Store (mine's in Rochester, NY) and got the "the series has been delayed until late January, early February" response. :(

Edited by DarrellBricker

And the current series is Series 14, a Halloween themed series. That was relevant 2 months ago but not anymore.

Hmm, in some areas of Europe the time to masquerade just begins in a few days.

Halloween is not everywhere as relevant as in the USA. :wink:

Where I come from, Halloween is not more than the try of some sweets producers to make an extra money...

Series 14 would have been more relevant to the next four weeks here. :grin::drunk:

My future son-in-law works at a local Southern California Target and he tells me they have the Series 15 boxes in the stock room but can't put them out until January 1st. And another friend saw them out at another Target, tried buying them, but the register refused to ring them up; the cashier told him she couldn't sell them to him until January first... So I am optimistic for Jan 1 here in the US!

--Mr Bill