Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"You speak with the ignorance of the masses. Once our mortal lives are done, our bodies are waste. To use those as tools is nothing. The Frozen One collects souls, not our earthly remains." Iceborn examines his own bones. "My life is as long as it's going to be. When my time to meet Helvetia comes, I will be pleased. But it appears she is not ready to welcome me into her house yet. Means I've got more to do, is all. The island helps of course."

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Could not have guessed the powers? What ignorance! No wonder you people celebrate the Norns' artifact, and no wonder you look to temper with the powers of death. You show no sense of natural preservation."

"Do what you will. I'm always happy to talk. Thank you for being forward. It's better than scheming in the dark, I'll give you that much."

Hybros shook his head. "Hm! The Norn artifact does not make us immortal, just protects enough to escape death by blade or bow. My body does not belong to the Cold Circle, it belongs to Olegaia. When I die I will not be used as a tool for world domination."

"Come on Matthias, let us leave the old artifact in peace, if there is any to be had in an animated pile of bones long past his expiration date."

He shot one last glare at Iceborn before calling out to Melquiadas to bring the pair to Piglina's Office (or wherever she is). "Hello again Piglina. I am here to talk about a concern that the Beast has. You know of the Bugbear on this island, yes? I think you and he must have a lot in common, heheh... You both gained quite some power and wisdom from the effects of this island. Tell me, would other creatures that were like you before like to come to this island, and become as you are now? I have seen that many animals have intelligence of their own, shared with a select few who can speak their language. I wonder, would bringing them here simply allow us to understand them, or would something... more, happen?"

Etherial Garnet Battle Round Two

Arthur v. Sprite B - High Jump

Miirym v. Sprite B - Special Damage (+1 Round, Round 3)

Sprite C v. Arthur - 0

-3 health

The Enemies

Rock Sprite A

Level ?? Rock

Health: 116/200

Special: Devilish Time - Adds 1 round to the round count.

Sprite's level is equal to the hero's.

Rock Sprite B

Level ?? Rock

Rock Sprite C

Level ?? Rock

Health: 200/200

The Party

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpg

Arthur
Justus Regulus VII
Ziegfried
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragoon, 23-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Hexed
Petrified
Minimized
Jinxed
Stunned
Slowed
Hastened
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
* *Immune to Magic and Healing* *Free Hits deal 1/2 damage* *Sealed*

Power Bonus:
+3

Health:
64/68

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment:
Dauntlet Index
(WP: 20, doubled against humanoids,
Darkness
-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield),
Tin Armor
(SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:13, Immune to
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear),
Tin Greaves
(Immunity to
Stunned
Slowed
-, and
Hastened
-effects; footwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone),
Mail of the Renegade Commander
(SP: 3, Free hits deal half damage),
Coathange
r (Allows for a second body wear, accessory),

Abilities:
First Breath
(Arthur may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd).

Inventory:

Weapons:
Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12,
Light
-elemental, has 1/3 chance to cause
slowed
-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes
bleeding-by-5
effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants
Intimidation
; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies,
Lightning
- and
Wind
-elemental; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd,
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow [Phoenix Incense]), Hollow Flagpole(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire-Earth Elemental)

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone)
(currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory),
Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory)
, Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Tin Gloves (Power +1, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; handwear),

Unsuitable Weapons/Artifacts:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25; makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round; suitable to weather mages; broomstick), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd),
Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)
, Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items
(unsuitable):
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (Fire), Scroll of Elemental Aura x2, Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals

Consumables:
Potion, 15x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 10x Remedy, 12x Mead, 8x Nostrum, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Poisoned-by-10
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, Negative Nelly (Causes 30 damage and jinxed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), 2x Silver Ore, Trial Brew, Henry Award, Shining Polish (SP +2 to one shield or artifact that has SP when consumed.)

21264411861_15532446e4_t.jpg

Miirym
, 8-month-old Dragon hatchling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragon *Encouraged* *Sealed*

Power Bonus:

Power:

Health:
68/72

Element:
none

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 2/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

So PCs do full damage to allies when confused? Yikes.

OoC: That's the way that makes most sense to me, but I actually wasn't super sure on that. Maybe it only does WP+level? Regardless, I think it'd take her out in both outcomes.

Round Two Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke lands v. Sprite A - Dragon Aid (No Effect)

Sprite B&C v. Hoke - [54*2]/2-41=13 Damage)

Hoke -3 health

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Aquatic

Water Sprite B

Level ?? Aquatic

Health: 145/200

Water Sprite C

Level ?? Aquatic

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4
*Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning
* *Confused*

Power Bonus: 0, +7 WP

Defense: 41

Health: 34/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 588

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Heavy Armo
r (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg

Torc the Adult Brown Dragon *Confused*

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 84/85

Element: Fire

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 3/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

Guts sighs. "I'll talk to her about spending some time with you, Melquiades. Any idea where she is at the moment? I'll go straight away. I won't guarantee anything, Lady Felix will do what she wants. While I am talking to her, you can take my friends to this Frozen Room?"

Guts buys two agni bombs, and also an Icy Halberd, he hands over 1050 gold. "It's a pleasure doing business, again."

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Doesn't work like that. I don't know you're men of your word yet, and even if you were, no way to tell if you can really pull it off. You can talk to her, get an agreement, and then I can take you to the room."

He shot one last glare at Iceborn before calling out to Melquiadas to bring the pair to Piglina's Office (or wherever she is). "Hello again Piglina. I am here to talk about a concern that the Beast has. You know of the Bugbear on this island, yes? I think you and he must have a lot in common, heheh... You both gained quite some power and wisdom from the effects of this island. Tell me, would other creatures that were like you before like to come to this island, and become as you are now? I have seen that many animals have intelligence of their own, shared with a select few who can speak their language. I wonder, would bringing them here simply allow us to understand them, or would something... more, happen?"

OoC: GIMP crashed and then deleted itself off my computer... super confusing. So... here's the dialogue, and the pictures will have to come whenever I figure out what the hell just happened.

Arriving in Piglina's office, the heroes once more are greeted by some ghosts - a small pig that Matthias recognizes (and understands) along with the Piglina of some other time.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"It is not our job! I understand your sympathies, Pigley, truly I do, but Etheria can only intercede if it affects Etheria!"

IMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

"Oink oink oink!" <But it does, sister. You must understand. It is coming here.>

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"So we will defend the island! We are more than capable of that."

IMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

"Oink oink!" <You are not! This is an issue of Etheria! Don't let pride blind you! Be active, Piglina!>

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"No. One must have principles. And they must stand by them, even when family comes knocking."

The pig turns to face the arriving heroes.

IMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

"Oink?" <Matthias?>

And then the heroes are alone with Piglina. She bristles as Hybros brings up her past.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"What I once was has no import on who I am now. I do not know the history of the imps as well as I might, but I'm sure if you evolved from, let's say a frog, and I brought you a frog, you wouldn't treat it as a brother." Piglina crosses her arms. "I am no mere animal. Ignore whatever the Beast told you. I am no more an animal than anyone else on this island."

"As for bringing them here, I don't know. It has different affects on different creatures. My brother, for example, remained a pig after arriving, though his life span was increased in the same way that might seems to have been."

Her demeanor softens. "Other than the ridiculous petitions of the bugbear, how have you been enjoying our island?"

OoC: That's the way that makes most sense to me, but I actually wasn't super sure on that. Maybe it only does WP+level? Regardless, I think it'd take her out in both outcomes.

OOC: For future reference, confusion damage is equal to the power of a normal Hit (WP+level+bonuses xEncouraged/Fragile/Elemental/Other multipliers). In the case of Hoke being mid-Jump, the landing would just cancel and Torc would be dealt the base power damage.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"What I once was has no import on who I am now. I do not know the history of the imps as well as I might, but I'm sure if you evolved from, let's say a frog, and I brought you a frog, you wouldn't treat it as a brother." Piglina crosses her arms. "I am no mere animal. Ignore whatever the Beast told you. I am no more an animal than anyone else on this island."

"As for bringing them here, I don't know. It has different affects on different creatures. My brother, for example, remained a pig after arriving, though his life span was increased in the same way that might seems to have been."

Her demeanor softens. "Other than the ridiculous petitions of the bugbear, how have you been enjoying our island?"

"Hm, perhaps you are right. I assure you that I am no frog, heheh."

Hybros unfolded his arms that he realized were still crossed from his conversation with Iceborn. "All I can say is that this island seems to change people in more than one way. Perhaps people like Iceborn would be less stubborn if they took a vacation somewhere, eheh... Forgive me for saying, but it seems like the island seems to take hold of people. Etheria... remains isolated from the rest of Olegaia. Perhaps it is better that way, but Etheria is still here. Our problems are your problems and the other way around. I am sure you have connections with magic circles and other people around the world as the others do. Your brother, for example. Would you interfere if he were in danger? Would he if Etheria was?"

Matthias watches the conversation between Pigley and Piglina in equal parts awe and confusion, the temporal anomaly of the island still not entirely sensible.

"Oink?" <Matthias?>

"Sir Pigley?" he replies, and then the vision is gone. As Hybros and the anthropomorphic mage dialog, Matthias gets the feeling that Piglina knows who he is, even if he does not know her. When the opportunity presents itself, he does his best to make an introduction. "My apologies, Lady Piglina, I do not believe we have met. My name is Matthias." Doffing his hat in salute for just a moment, he presses ahead with questions. "I believe we've just seen you speaking with a friend of mine - Sir Pigley? Do you know Master Russel as well?"

Miirym switches to Sprite C, Back Row. Arthur continues his attack.

Battle Order:

Arthur

Miirym

Edited by Flipz

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"Doesn't work like that. I don't know you're men of your word yet, and even if you were, no way to tell if you can really pull it off. You can talk to her, get an agreement, and then I can take you to the room."

"Same goes for you, Mellyboy. Take me to her. After that, spend some time washing, shaving, or whatever it is you do to perk yourself up."

OOC: For future reference, confusion damage is equal to the power of a normal Hit (WP+level+bonuses xEncouraged/Fragile/Elemental/Other multipliers). In the case of Hoke being mid-Jump, the landing would just cancel and Torc would be dealt the base power damage.

"Hm, perhaps you are right. I assure you that I am no frog, heheh."

Hybros unfolded his arms that he realized were still crossed from his conversation with Iceborn. "All I can say is that this island seems to change people in more than one way. Perhaps people like Iceborn would be less stubborn if they took a vacation somewhere, eheh... Forgive me for saying, but it seems like the island seems to take hold of people. Etheria... remains isolated from the rest of Olegaia. Perhaps it is better that way, but Etheria is still here. Our problems are your problems and the other way around. I am sure you have connections with magic circles and other people around the world as the others do. Your brother, for example. Would you interfere if he were in danger? Would he if Etheria was?"

OoC: That makes more sense to me. Which means he probably wouldn't have jumped at all, but since it benefits him, I'll go ahead and let it slide.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"Would I interfere if my brother were in trouble..." Piglina weighs this carefully. "It is hard to say. But going to do something myself is different than dragging Etheria into the mix. Acting as a free agent is different, of course. Being a member of the Council makes that riskier, of course. But my brother knows where I stand. I cannot say if I would act, to be perfectly honest. As for him, I can't say. I think he might come, if I were in trouble."

"And yes, as I explained, or maybe I forgot to - we do indeed keep an eye on the Circles of Magic. It has been many years since we've needed to intervene, but occasionally foreign affairs are Etheria's issue, if they involve magic enough. That is often put to a vote in the Council, but there has never been one while I've been a member. The closest its got in recent years is with all the demons that have been spewing forth, the big ones, Mephisto and his siblings. But they have yet to grow to a big enough threat for there to even be a vote."

"Sir Pigley?" he replies, and then the vision is gone. As Hybros and the anthropomorphic mage dialog, Matthias gets the feeling that Piglina knows who he is, even if he does not know her. When the opportunity presents itself, he does his best to make an introduction. "My apologies, Lady Piglina, I do not believe we have met. My name is Matthias." Doffing his hat in salute for just a moment, he presses ahead with questions. "I believe we've just seen you speaking with a friend of mine - Sir Pigley? Do you know Master Russel as well?"

Piglina's face softens even further when Matthias mentions Pigley.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"You know him?" Piglina snorts. "Fate works strangely, with many twists and turns. I am Piglina, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Matthias. I do indeed know Sir Pigley - he is my brother! Why he chooses to associate with that bumbling crab is beyond me, but when he's not trying to solving a problem Russel Ruffers is palatable enough company."

"So, what brings you to my office? Questions about the island? When is it that your employer is hoping to present his gifts to the Council?"

Etherial Garnet Battle Round Four

Arthur lands on Sprite B - KO

Miirym v. Sprite C - Breath (84 Damage)

Sprite A v. Arthur - 0

-4 health

The Enemies

Rock Sprite A

Level ?? Rock

Rock Sprite C

Level ?? Rock

The Party

Arthur
Justus Regulus VII
Ziegfried
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragoon, 23-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Hexed
Petrified
Minimized
Jinxed
Stunned
Slowed
Hastened
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction

Power Bonus:
+3

Health:
60/68

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Dauntlet Index
Darkness
-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield),
Tin Armor
(SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear),
Shadeaux Cape
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear),
Tin Greaves
(Immunity to
Stunned
Slowed
-, and
Hastened
-effects; footwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone),
Coathange

Abilities:
First Breath
(Arthur may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd).

Inventory:

Weapons:
Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12,
Light
slowed
bleeding-by-5
Intimidation
; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies,
Lightning
- and
Wind
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow [Phoenix Incense]), Hollow Flagpole(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire-Earth Elemental)

Artifacts:
Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone)
(currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory),
, Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Tin Gloves (Power +1, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; handwear),

Weatherfax Broom (WP:25; makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round; suitable to weather mages; broomstick), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd),
Light
, Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items
(unsuitable):
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals

Consumables:
Potion, 15x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 10x Remedy, 12x Mead, 8x Nostrum, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Poisoned-by-10
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, Negative Nelly (Causes 30 damage and jinxed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), 2x Silver Ore, Trial Brew, Henry Award, Shining Polish (SP +2 to one shield or artifact that has SP when consumed.)

Miirym
, 8-month-old Dragon hatchling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragon *Encouraged* *Sealed*

Power Bonus:

Power:

Health:
64/72

Element:
none

"Same goes for you, Mellyboy. Take me to her. After that, spend some time washing, shaving, or whatever it is you do to perk yourself up."

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"More than fair. All I said was you had to talk to her first. Once you can confirm delivery, won't be any trouble for me to take you to the Ice Room."

Melquiades whisks Guts away to Lady Felix, who is still where the heroes left her, chatting with Captain Elba, U'Or, and Doc Daneeka.

Arthur attacks Sprite A from the Front Row, while Miirym attacks Sprite C from the Back Row.

Battle Order:

Arthur

Miirym

"So, what brings you to my office? Questions about the island? When is it that your employer is hoping to present his gifts to the Council?"

"I am honored to meet you, Lady Piglina; Sir Pigley and I know each other well. He and I - and the swashbuckling swordscrab - have dealt with Lord Chauncey, the Master of Regret, and the Cold Circles before, and not pleasantly." The gnome looks, well, sad for a moment. "In any case, I can inform you that our employer has no intention of giving any 'gifts' to the council. Master Amarcolm and the Mother will 'receive' the gifts, but they intend to use them immediately, in order to resurrect the Old God Passion, the Mother's brother. It is not a course of action I am comfortable with" - although it's obvious the gnome is becoming more comfortable with understatement - "and I'm not sure I have the whole picture, but that's what we know so far."

"As an addendum," Matthias continues after only a second, "I think there's quite a bit here we don't know. We saw a ...vision? shadow? time anomaly? of Master Amarcolm and the Mother working to convince Captain Iceborn to vote for Etheria to intervene in some outside affairs. It seemed to be connected to this business with Passion, but it struck me that Master Amarcolm seemed to admit responsibility for whatever problem they are trying to fix. Do you know what it might have been about? Captain Iceborn, by the way, has said that he will not interfere with the resurrection plan, although he does not like it."

"And one last thing, if I may be so bold as to pry," the gnome is getting a lot off his chest, apparently "what was it that Sir Pigley wished you to help him with? We saw a bit of conversation between the two of you just now, and I shouldn't like to think of him being in trouble."

Melquidas, come get me when Guts is ready to hit up the Ice Room. Until then, take me to the Council Room.

Guest QM Note: Zepher takes the plot, I'll be handling some of these ethereal gem shenanigans.

Etherial Garnet Battle Round Five

Arthur VS Sprite A (front): Dragon's Wrath: Fury From Above! (20x3=60+42=102 damage to Sprite A, Miirym does 42x2x2=168 damage to both sprites)

Miirym VS Sprite C (back): Breath

Arthur stabs one of the Sprites, and Miirym flies high. She dispels both sprites with a burst of dark smoke.

(I don't know how Zepher wants to handle levelling/drops with this, so I will just leave that alone for now. If I owe anyone EXP at the moment, apologies. :blush: )

The Party

Arthur
Justus Regulus VII
Ziegfried
*Immune to
Hexed
Petrified
Minimized
Jinxed
Stunned
Slowed
Hastened
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction

Power Bonus:
+3

Health:
60/68

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Dauntlet Index
Darkness
Tin Armor
Shadeaux Cape
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
Tin Greaves
(Immunity to
Stunned
Slowed
-, and
Hastened
Coathange

Abilities:
First Breath

Inventory:

Weapons:
Light
slowed
bleeding-by-5
Intimidation
Lightning
- and
Wind
stuns

Artifacts:
Jinxed

Jinxed
Light

Spell Items
(unsuitable):
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth

Tools:

Consumables:
Poisoned-by-10
Confused

Miirym

Power Bonus:

Power:

Health:
64/72

Element:
none

Round Two Etherial Amethyst

>Purpearl vs Sprite A (back): Spellblade (9 hits: 24+21=45 damage per hit, 3 hits per enemy, 45*3=135 damage to all enemies)

Sprite B+Sprite C v. Purpearl (48/2-24=0 Damage)

Purpearl -2 health -2 ether

Purpearl strikes against the sprites with a flurry of light spells as the intensity of the forge increases.

The Enemies

Darkness Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

Health: 65/200

Darkness Sprite B

Level ?? Dark

Darkness Sprite C

Level ?? Dark

The Hero

21379215826_aefc7acd04_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven
Mystic Knight

Level 24.66
*Immune to
Earth
Fragile
* *Nimble* *Blinded*

Power Bonus:

Defense:
(15 + 4 + 5)

Health:
35/38
(Base 5 + 24 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102, + 4 Tunic)

Ether:
30/33
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Zelphie's Staff (WP: 21, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Arm Shield (SP:15, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to
Fragile
suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)
Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth),
Coathanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides
Nimble
Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear),

Inventory:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8,
Sleep
effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5,
Darkness
Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the
Poisoned
by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to
Fire
),
Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators),
Enchanted Braclet (Protects from Sealed Effect,
hand wear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents the wearer from having gold stolen,
hand wear), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP: 1, multiplied by the number of party members,
back wear),
Prismatic Focus (Wearer can cast two spells in one round; suitable to mages, necromancers and weather mages; accessory.)

Spell Items:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to electric for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

Consumables:
Potion, 8 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, 4 Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, 2 Level Up Mushroom, 3 Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Ice Bomb,
Nostrum

Decamon Deck:
Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools:
Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

IMG_2572_zpsb0esaj6g.jpg

"More than fair. All I said was you had to talk to her first. Once you can confirm delivery, won't be any trouble for me to take you to the Ice Room."

Melquiades whisks Guts away to Lady Felix, who is still where the heroes left her, chatting with Captain Elba, U'Or, and Doc Daneeka.

"My lady Felix, Gentlemen. Would you mind if I borrow Zora for a bit?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

OOC: My Garnet should now be an Ethereal Garnet (Earth+Sealed). :classic: I'm not sure how Zeph is handling experience, either. :blush:

Arthur bows to the Forge Master. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity, good sir. Rest assured, I will be back later for your Sapphire, but first I would like to check in on my friends. Melquiades, please take me and Miirym to Dyric."

Moving forward, because RP.

Brother! How's Etheria been treating you?

Edited by The Legonater

Moving forward, because RP.

Brother! How's Etheria been treating you?

"Decently. Purpearl, Hoke, and I met the Forge Master. Apparently, if you have any loose gems, you can convert them into the Ethereal variety." Arthur shows Dyric his new Garnet by way of example. "It seems a very useful service, but you have to fight these gem sprites while under the effect you're trying to imbue. A very useful service, if difficult to accomplish. I think you'd have to let Purpearl handle that Amethyst for you, but the Opal might be something you can manage. ...Maybe," Arthur hastily adds, observing Dyric's defensive artifacts with dismay. "I'd like to buy and convert the Forge Master's Sapphire and my own Opal myself, but I'd much prefer to get one of the Ethereal Opals the Norn promised us if we helped her get into the Ice Room. Any luck convincing Melquiades to let us help clear the place out?"

Edited by Flipz

Working on it. He wants a date with Felix or something, I'm leaving it to Guts to set that up. Ethereal Gems, huh? Interesting. I might look into that if we have the time.

I glance around what's visible of Etheria, a lot clearly on my mind. Some quest this has been, huh? Guffington sure doesn't disappoint.

Working on it. He wants a date with Felix or something, I'm leaving it to Guts to set that up. Ethereal Gems, huh? Interesting. I might look into that if we have the time.

I glance around what's visible of Etheria, a lot clearly on my mind. Some quest this has been, huh? Guffington sure doesn't disappoint.

"Hmm...interesting. Be sure to come pick me up before you head to the Ice Room, I definitely want to be involved in that...whatever it is."

"Indeed. This is a situation with a lot of delicate intricacies. I'm not sure I like how we had to split up, it means that all of us are missing a lot of information about little details that might prove important later. Purpearl in particular...I'll give her this, she is honorable in trade, but I'll be damned if I can get an actual read on her. She speaks much like Hoke, and from what I can tell like Matthias as well, but I don't know whether or not she'll try to stab us in the back out of her hatred for Chauncey."

Miirym looks up at this. "<You think they will go so far as to turn on us?>"

Arthur nods. "Hoke might, if Torc makes the first move. She is as aggressive as Bellerai. You've grown more aggresive, too, I've noticed."

Miirym glances down pensively, but does not say anything.

Arthur looks back to Dyric. "I'm hoping desperately that his threats are of the 'if things go wrong' nature, as he says. But on the airship from Dastan to Xu, his dragon nearly attacked me, growing aggressive enough that Lady Felix felt Guffington was in danger. And we both know Hoke is steadfast to a fault, he will follow her into battle if it comes to it." He sighs. "Matthias worries me, too. He seems...hurt. Distrustful beyond measure. He reminds me a lot of...well, me. The old me. I don't know, I keep trying to reach out, to convince him that this is the right path, but nothing I say seems to get through to him. Now I know how you and Haldor and Thothwick felt about me that night in Eubric. I fear that if things do indeed go south, he too might turn against us."

"<You need to have faith. In them not to betray us, in me to protect you if they do.>"

Arthur smiles, a little wistful at Miirym's somewhat arrogant optimism. "It's a nice sentiment. But he who's walked the traitor's path knows well the winding way. I once stabbed my closest allies straight in the back. I'll be forever looking over my shoulder for the knife aimed at my own."

Hoke is a good man. I know he butted heads with Guts a few times at Baltarok, but I think he can still be trusted to do what's right. As for Matthias, I trust him. He's young, and inexperienced compared to us, but he has a good head on his shoulders. He doesn't trust the Council, sure, but can you blame him? He hasn't seen what we have, nevermind he'd been through a lot over the past few months. The kid's immortal now, Arthur. What does that do to a person?

Funny that you mention that night. I keep feeling this quest that my past is staring my straight in the eye. Duplovia, Baltarok, Zane, McColt, Prince David...

I think hard for a moment, distress welling in my eyes. Arthur, you've gone through quite the crisis of faith over the years. If you don't mind me asking, what would you consider a Hero to be?

Round Three Etherial Amethyst

>Purpearl vs Sprite A (back): Enchant (What would you like to enchant, Purpearl?)

Sprite B+Sprite C v. Purpearl (48/2-24=0 Damage)

Purpearl -3 health -3 ether

Knowing the sprites couldn't scratch her, Purpearl decides to enchant some gear. The forge saps more and more energy from her.

The Enemies

Darkness Sprite A

Level ?? Dark

Darkness Sprite B

Level ?? Dark

Darkness Sprite C

Level ?? Dark

The Hero

21379215826_aefc7acd04_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven
Mystic Knight

Level 24.66
*Immune to
Earth
Fragile
* *Nimble* *Blinded*

Power Bonus:

Defense:
(15 + 4 + 5)

Health:
32/38
(Base 5 + 24 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102, + 4 Tunic)

Ether:
27/33
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Zelphie's Staff (WP: 21, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Arm Shield (SP:15, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to
Fragile
suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators)
Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth),
Coathanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides
Nimble
Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear),

Inventory:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8,
Sleep
effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5,
Darkness
Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the
Poisoned
by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to
Fire
),
Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators),
Enchanted Braclet (Protects from Sealed Effect,
hand wear),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents the wearer from having gold stolen,
hand wear), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP: 1, multiplied by the number of party members,
back wear),
Prismatic Focus (Wearer can cast two spells in one round; suitable to mages, necromancers and weather mages; accessory.)

Spell Items:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to electric for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

Consumables:
Potion, 8 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, 4 Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, 2 Level Up Mushroom, 3 Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Ice Bomb,
Nostrum

Decamon Deck:
Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools:
Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Round Three Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke VS Sprite A (back): Damage (54/2=27-41=0 damage)

Hoke -3 health

Hoke swings, but misses. The Sprite tries to hit him from the side, but his armor is too powerful. The remaining sprites band together and manage to find a gap in Hokes armor, wounding him a bit. All three enemies remain at maximum health as the forge grows more dire.

The Enemies

Water Sprite A

Level ?? Aquatic

Water Sprite B

Level ?? Aquatic

Health: 145/200

Water Sprite C

Level ?? Aquatic

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4 *Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1, Dark, Light, Ice, Lightning* *Confused*

Health: 18/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Equipment: Zoot's Order (WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only), Steel Buckler (SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Sven's Heavy Armor (SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile), Hydra Skin (SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory), Bone Claws (+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory:

Weapons - Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword), Glistening Halberd WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance), Blue Steel Shield (SP:5, Immune to Blind), Fang Dagger (WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger), Hollow Flagpole (WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Great Axpeord (WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts - Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks), Helm of Prestige (SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons), Sterile Gloves (Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sigil of the Cold Circle - (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, Accessory), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Shadeaux Cape (SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems - Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls - Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools - Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables - 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck - Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 0/85

Edited by Endgame

Round Four Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke VS Sprite A (back): Shield (40x3=120+54=174/2=87 damage)

Hoke -4 health

Round Five Etherial Aquamarine

>Hoke VS Sprite A (back): Hit (40+54=94/47 damage)

Hoke -5 health

Hoke gets a few valiant strikes in, but without the aid of his dragon, is overwhelmed by the sprites.

The Battle Is Lost.

The Hero

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4 *Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1, Dark, Light, Ice, Lightning* *Confused*

Health: 1/93 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Equipment: Zoot's Order (WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only), Steel Buckler (SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Sven's Heavy Armor (SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile), Hydra Skin (SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory), Bone Claws (+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory:

Weapons - Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword), Glistening Halberd WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance), Blue Steel Shield (SP:5, Immune to Blind), Fang Dagger (WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger), Hollow Flagpole (WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Great Axpeord (WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts - Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks), Helm of Prestige (SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons), Sterile Gloves (Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sigil of the Cold Circle - (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, Accessory), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Shadeaux Cape (SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems - Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls - Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools - Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables - 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 5x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold), Gold Bar, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck - Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Female Dragon Adult

Level 55.2

Health: 1/85

Edited by Endgame

OoC: Big thanks to Endgame, who stepped up to the plate of his own volition! Everyone, myself included, owes him a big thank you!

"I am honored to meet you, Lady Piglina; Sir Pigley and I know each other well. He and I - and the swashbuckling swordscrab - have dealt with Lord Chauncey, the Master of Regret, and the Cold Circles before, and not pleasantly." The gnome looks, well, sad for a moment. "In any case, I can inform you that our employer has no intention of giving any 'gifts' to the council. Master Amarcolm and the Mother will 'receive' the gifts, but they intend to use them immediately, in order to resurrect the Old God Passion, the Mother's brother. It is not a course of action I am comfortable with" - although it's obvious the gnome is becoming more comfortable with understatement - "and I'm not sure I have the whole picture, but that's what we know so far."

"As an addendum," Matthias continues after only a second, "I think there's quite a bit here we don't know. We saw a ...vision? shadow? time anomaly? of Master Amarcolm and the Mother working to convince Captain Iceborn to vote for Etheria to intervene in some outside affairs. It seemed to be connected to this business with Passion, but it struck me that Master Amarcolm seemed to admit responsibility for whatever problem they are trying to fix. Do you know what it might have been about? Captain Iceborn, by the way, has said that he will not interfere with the resurrection plan, although he does not like it."

"And one last thing, if I may be so bold as to pry," the gnome is getting a lot off his chest, apparently "what was it that Sir Pigley wished you to help him with? We saw a bit of conversation between the two of you just now, and I shouldn't like to think of him being in trouble."

Piglina listens in steely silence.

IMG_2377_zpslamfdtiw.jpg

"Those fools. Amarcolm... of course... and Chauncey, I never liked him. Takes after his master too much, and his training in Xu - I thought he should never go... and then the reports from Olegaia, that play he funded that went down the tubes, pulling Witches..." she shakes her head. "No, that will not do. You'll have to stand out of my way, heroes." She stresses the word in a new light. "Idiots. Always messing with the natural order. And of course Iceborn won't stand in their way. It always comes down to me and Bombast... and if there were anyone else it came down to, believe me, I wish it weren't Bombast."

And she's off on a bit of a tangent, rushing around her office gathering things. "Damn it. There's no order, do you understand? In the world now. Chaomancers, damn it. And Beast trying to get animals rights. And governments constantly being deposed - Xu, and that damned Wolfgang in Eubric, and of curse they're aligned with Baba - I wanted to go in there. No one respects order anymore. The strong leading the weak. Whatever happened to that? Now everyone wants a piece of the pie. And bringing back the dead. Let good enough be good enough. Of course I have to step up to the plate and stop them. Why oh why must people continue to pry into things they don't understand. There is a practice. You do research first!" Her eyes fix on the heroes, as if she'd forgotten they were there. "Well? What'll it be? You going to get out of my way, or help me before my partners do something stupid?"

"My lady Felix, Gentlemen. Would you mind if I borrow Zora for a bit?"

97044e91-b3a8-4b3b-95c7-412bd3ca9efe_zps626f4568.jpg

"Of course."

5f057924-84e7-46b5-8b4f-dc62c39ef980_zps82ba12da.jpg

"It's nice to grab a private moment" says Lady Felix cheekily as they wander away. "How was your trip around the world? Bring me anything nice?" She glances over her shoulder. "What'd you do to bother the Doctor? He usually has nothing but praise for you heroes, and now he's got that edge in his voice."

Melquidas, come get me when Guts is ready to hit up the Ice Room. Until then, take me to the Council Room.

OoC: Hm, not sure there is anyone in the Council Room. What do you mean by this request?