Background:

This MOC came about after I finished my wheelie bin loading truck MOD to set 42024; I wanted something else to add to my rubbish truck collection. These types of trucks are used not to empty bins but instead lift and load heavy / bulky items. I have plans for more MOCs and MODs around this theme.

Features:

- Hand of god steering

- Opening cabin doors

- Rear loading platform

- Crusher

- Rear body tipping and opening tail gate

Build Process:

I spent about 25 hours over 8 days building and testing this. Building the truck was quick and easy, adding and testing each feature took the most time. The whole truck is based on the same scale as 42024. The cabin is based on the cabin from 42024 with some changes.[/size]

MOC_BulkRubbishLoadingTruck209_zpsn2ki7nvu.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan
Added resized Image

Looks good. Maybe you can try covering up the side areas with panels. Right now they look a bit empty

Hi Paul,

I have said this to other members as well, and it applies to you too; can you embed the pictures and video in the first post, instead of constantly linking to your blog. Eurobricks' purpuse is not to redirect people to their own blog/site. The information should be available in the original post. Of course you can have a link to your blog (which you already have in your footer), but there's no need to add extra links. And can you make sure your images are 800 wide (or 1024 if you wish, but not wider than that)?

Thanks for understanding.

Fine..... I am done....

I can't post the video as when I upload them to my blog they can't be linked from. I post to a number of different forums and groups which all seem to have different rules :(

I have been asked o other forums to not post so many photos and instead link so that those who are on slower connections or don't want to look at them have the choice to click on the link if they want.... I can't keep changing what I post to each forum or group as I would be creating many different posts

Ban me, I really do not care any more.... I took some time away from the hobby earlier this year to " find my passion" again, I have only been back a coupe of weeks but already I am over trying to keep everybody happy.....

Edited by Paul B

Hi Paul B, you could always host your pictures to an image hosting site, such as flickr or photobucket, and then you'd be able to post a suitably sized picture (or pictures) that everyone here can enjoy.

I'm sorry that other forums have their own rules which may be different to ours, but we also have ours, which Jim has politely pointed out for you. I'm sure nobody wants to ban you because you haven't posted pictures, and we are trying to help you get the best feedback from members by helping you post suitably sized pictures to your post, so that people can easily see and respond to them.

I am over trying to keep everybody happy.....

Trying to keep everybody happy on multiple forums is never going to work..

Build for yourself... Enjoy it for yourself...

But if you do feel the need to share it with others be mindful of who and how your sharing it..

Don't lose your passion over it though it's not worth it :wink:

Hi Paul I have hosted your image for you,Photobucket is easy to use and free so I would recommend using that if you are looking for a hosting site.

Your bin lorry looks very good,and the functions are there too,you seam to enjoy making refuse vehicles. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Fine..... I am done....

I can't post the video as when I upload them to my blog they can't be linked from. I post to a number of different forums and groups which all seem to have different rules :(

I have been asked o other forums to not post so many photos and instead link so that those who are on slower connections or don't want to look at them have the choice to click on the link if they want.... I can't keep changing what I post to each forum or group as I would be creating many different posts

Ban me, I really do not care any more.... I took some time away from the hobby earlier this year to " find my passion" again, I have only been back a coupe of weeks but already I am over trying to keep everybody happy.....

Hi Paul,

Sorry that you feel this way, but we try to maintain a uniform policy here at EB. This means that your first post needs to have (most of) the necessary information, instead of linking to external resources.

Why don't you create a Youtube channel, upload your videos and link to your blog, EB, Facebook, etc. This also reduces traffic to your own site, which is always beneficial. Same goes for pictures. As Pandora mentioned, you can use Bricksafe, Flickr or any other service to host your pictures. From there you can get almost any size you want. I think you need to reconsider whether using your Blog as the central source of your content is the best approach. Sites like Youtube and Flickr exist for a very good reason and hosting content is one of them.

You know I won't ban you for something like this, but I hope you understand that I need to treat you like I treat other members.

I like the model, but unfortunately I can't view all the pics nor the video as I am (as you stated in in the uppermost topic on your blog) automatically redirected to your radio site, which I frankly don't care about.

Sad to see you go (again), but I think we all know by now that you'll be back :wink::thumbup:

Hope things work out for you, and I can only echo the other guys' suggestions regarding YouTube, Bricksafe, etc

See you around! :classic: