Sign in to follow this  
Legoboy22

What train should I get next?

The lenght of the official LEGO trains is a problem - almost - every set has, so it wouldn't be fair to not consider the super chief due to being to short.

1 loc + 3 carriages make a good set.

I'd say go Emerald Night, but bricklink the parts for a different colored engine-- the 2x4 panels for the boiler come in a nice variety of colors now...

The Superchief isn't too bad, but a bit long (and pricey) to run if you want to do it right. (To be authentic, you would have to have 4 engines and a bunch

of pullman cars)

My favourite is the ATSF super chief in the warbonnet look, and it can be done like the real train! I bought mine way back in 2002-2003 when cars cost my brother who used to work for Lego only €16.95. now the whole train would cost a fortune...........

superchief.png

Rendering © James Mathis

Edited by (1)Stein

I'd suggest doing a repaint of the Super Chief, not too bad if you do a common color. Here's my take on the Empire Builder, essentially just a repaint of the Super Chief, though if you are on a budget stay away from the macaroni bricks for the domes. If you are a fan of American trains you will be most happy with a MOD of one of your favorite railroads.

I'd suggest doing a repaint of the Super Chief, not too bad if you do a common color. Here's my take on the Empire Builder, essentially just a repaint of the Super Chief, though if you are on a budget stay away from the macaroni bricks for the domes. If you are a fan of American trains you will be most happy with a MOD of one of your favorite railroads.

nice job re coloring the train and I will consider that if i have enought of the color I want