Hello,

Here's a teaser pic of the X-Wing I build for Brickjournal. For obvious reasons I'll publish more when the issue will be out. Hope you like it anyway :grin:

X-Wing-Episode-7.jpg

Hello,

Here's a teaser pic of the X-Wing I build for Brickjournal. For obvious reasons I'll publish more when the issue will be out. Hope you like it anyway :grin:

<snip>

can't wait to see the full version. I've been experimenting with some of my own designs of the T-70 but I haven't yet figured out the wing design, so I'm excited to see how you did yours. Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures.

Hello,

It looks really cool: some tantalising hints of great things around the engines and the guns.

There's one thing I'm not too sure about, however. Check out the shot of the X-Wing from this trailer on this page:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/1/7314463/star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-analysis

Notice that the lower wings are connected to the guns a lot further forward than the upper wings. It seems pretty clear that the wings are side-by-side when closed, as shown in this reconstruction:

http://deeplyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/episode-vii-x-wing-lock-s-foils-in.html

I'd be very interested to see how you've achieved this - I can't quite see it working that way from your preview image.

When comparing with publicly available reference, this design of the Ep.7 X-wing doesn't seem to be very accurate, particularly the bow pieces between nose and cockpit stand out. And the wings are most definitely wrong. Are we looking at a regular X-wing redressed as EP.7 version? I'm afraid it takes a little more work than this, but I guess Baronsat had to work fast because of a close publishing deadline?

Thanks for your remarks guys. Particularly Dave who took time to mention links. :wink:

Well, the x-wing looks better in color but yes you are right I totally missed the wings trick due to lack of photos and time when I build it.

So I'll need to make an update very soon.

Here's the second version of my custom x-wing for Episode 7 with corrected wings. For the same reasons I just can publish a teaser now but more to come later.

X-WING-EPISODE-7-00.jpg

Now I can't wait to see it! I've toyed with a T-70 for a few hours in LDD and real bricks but I never got anywhere.

Here's the second version of my custom x-wing for Episode 7 with corrected wings. For the same reasons I just can publish a teaser now but more to come later.

<snip>

I can't wait to see it. Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote pictures

Thanks guys for your motivation ;)

Here's one I need to edit the others.

Episode_7_x-wing.jpg

So better than the first attempt?

Wow this very nice! The engines just like Lego's too! coincidance? I like how the rear thrusters were done. I do think the nose should be a bit longer, and use one these pieces instead for the slope, it would be more seamless.

Also, Anymore pictures?

Edited by Smitty500

Wow this very nice! The engines just like Lego's too! coincidance? I like how the rear thrusters were done. I do think the nose should be a bit longer, and use one these pieces instead for the slope, it would be more seamless.

Also, Anymore pictures?

Good idea for the nose I will study that.

This model was finished to build and shot for the first time on March 29th 2015. So if the thrusters are similar to the new Lego model it means my idea wasn't so bad :wink:

Wings are excellent, but the nose & cockpit is one big fail in my eyes.

"Big fail" ... yo momma. :laugh:

Yes, I know everybody find it's too short. What about this new pic?

Nice model,but the nose is too short.

"Yo momma" too. What about this new pic?

Episode_7_x-wing-02.jpg

I do care about my mother, so I'll just say - really nice color combination and great work on the engines. :grin:

Thanks, I appreciate your spontaneity. :blush:

I don't get what you talking about.

Nice picture,but the nose is still too short and look ridiculous with the wings.

:laugh: Anyway. Now I'm currently trying the trick proposed by Smitty500 BUT it seems far too long... ???!!! Will finish and submit to the ferocious people of this arena :tongue:

Nice one Baron :thumbup: !

Will finish and submit to the ferocious people of this arena :tongue:

Yeah, it´s a tough crowd of world class Moc-ers here!

I don't know what's better: this MOC; or watching this process of constructive criticism over these posts.

Well you might have convinced to go and buy the overpriced Lego set when it comes out...

I think the nose is far too long, I suggest you take it back to the cockpit, maybe even place it behind the cockpit if you can.

:tongue:

Have you got a side on view of the latest version? I suspect it's not the nose, but rather a combination of the engine intake size and the angle.

I agree with the others. Everything is fine but the nose. Have you considered building it like exactly like the official model ?

By the way, nice colors. Way better than black and orange ! :wink:

The T-70 X-Wing has rustled my jimmies so to speak from the beginning. The only good way, in my opinion, to achieve the wings is Snot. Although I do like to see other version, TLG's rendition was a fail. Your wings here aren't bad, but I'd love to see them closed to truly decide. As for the nose, my issue is he angled bits you used. The length is ok (a few studs forward couldn't hurt), but the angled pieces make it look weird as kinda organic, when it should be very angular. I can understand it on the top, as the nose droops down, but I think that actually tilting it could achieve this effect a tad bit better, while retaining a flat top. The sides are a very similar story. Angular couldn't hurt them at all. Everything else is solid. The cockpit has grew on me, to the point where it's almost something I wanna play with. Now, this may just be me being brainwashed by TLG X-Wing, but I feel like a good X-Wing should be a bit chunky, and this looks almost like it has no weight. Of course, the T-70 is a different ship, but I can't shake that feeling. How much do you plan on changing this model? It seems like a pretty though crowd to please here :tongue:

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Nice looking MOC, but I agree the nose is poorly proportioned to the rest of the ship.