just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I get it. I've set the massive goal of collecting as many of the non-movie figures as I can. Right now, I need the Juniors Robin and Batman, to try to find any leftover cubes for Lightning Lad, the Batboat set, and then I've got space for the Micros, Classic 'Cave, City Chase, Cosmic Boy, and the summer wave.

Regardless of the hoo-hah over the set I will be picking it up on first day of VIP release and it will be displayed in my office. :wink:

I then need a display case to put all my Batman figures in although I'll need to leave room for the Mighty Micro and Scarecrow set variations.

What sort of display case are you going for? I've done mine in the IKEA frames but they are yet to go up (Just made the final Batman purchase needed to complete the first frame today actually! Damn those Type 1 cowls). The Bat Cave might come out of my savings pot... I don't think I'll be able to put off buying it!! It'll be displayed in my soon to be man cave.

I get it. I've set the massive goal of collecting as many of the non-movie figures as I can. Right now, I need the Juniors Robin and Batman, to try to find any leftover cubes for Lightning Lad, the Batboat set, and then I've got space for the Micros, Classic 'Cave, City Chase, Cosmic Boy, and the summer wave.

Nice goal to achieve though at the end! My goal was all the minifigures from the Super Heroes range (both Marvel & DC).. as soon as I catch up though they add more :laugh:

Nice goal to achieve though at the end! My goal was all the minifigures from the Super Heroes range (both Marvel & DC).. as soon as I catch up though they add more :laugh:

While I enjoy a bit of Marvel, it's not enough to make me a serious collector (thank goodness!) It is rather nice to have everyone lined up, and the only one I've missed (besides the Con exclusives) is LB2 Armored Lex. Juniors will suffice, though. I feel like I'm playing a strategy game every time I rearrange my baseplate, as I have to create new spaces while leaving the older ones for figures I don't have yet. Yes, I've got a record of the figures lest I lose my order.

While I enjoy a bit of Marvel, it's not enough to make me a serious collector (thank goodness!) It is rather nice to have everyone lined up, and the only one I've missed (besides the Con exclusives) is LB2 Armored Lex. Juniors will suffice, though. I feel like I'm playing a strategy game every time I rearrange my baseplate, as I have to create new spaces while leaving the older ones for figures I don't have yet. Yes, I've got a record of the figures lest I lose my order.

:laugh: same here.. spreadsheet all set out with who I have, who's on their way and who's missing!

I was just talking about Batman variations as I think I've got around 30 of them.

I'm in the process of trying to pick up the older Batman range figures and I'm missing 4 of them now.

As a Batman fan the 66 Cave is a must have and as has been said the aftermarket prices for those figures will be pushing towards a good chunk of the overall set cost.

That was my thinking. Getting all the minifigs individually would cost just as much and you'd miss out on that brilliant Batmobile.. let alone the rest of the cool stuff! Now... how do I work out how to get the rest of the new releases..!

I have 47 DC Minifigures not including vartiations. I don't have Faora, Tor-an, Jor-El, Lightning Lad, Batzarro, Harleen Quinzel, Clark Kent, but I don't plan on getting those minifigures how ever I will be getting Starfire and Beast Boy off Ebay. I really hope they make a new Clark Kent figure with his shirt closed. I don't really care for Cosmic Boy so when I buy the DVD I will just sell his figure on Ebay. I won't be getting the Batwing BVS set because no new minifigures. I want to see who comes with that other Lego DC movie that is coming out this year. it was called Lego Justice League Gotham Unleashed. I bet we could get another new Batman villain in that DVD. maybe Ra's al Ghul? that would be awesome what do you guys think?

Wow. Those Batman sets are very mediocre. The figures are amazing but the builds are just meh. I love that were getting a bat tank but I was hoping for more of a sewer system. A pretty disappointing wave. I will instead be buying the 3 Spiderman.

Wow. Those Batman sets are very mediocre. The figures are amazing but the builds are just meh. I love that were getting a bat tank but I was hoping for more of a sewer system. A pretty disappointing wave. I will instead be buying the 3 Spiderman.

Awesome I think those Spider-Man sets look fantastic I also think the Batman sets look fantastic too.

I have 47 DC Minifigures not including vartiations. I don't have Faora, Tor-an, Jor-El, Lightning Lad, Batzarro, Harleen Quinzel, Clark Kent, but I don't plan on getting those minifigures how ever I will be getting Starfire and Beast Boy off Ebay. I really hope they make a new Clark Kent figure with his shirt closed. I don't really care for Cosmic Boy so when I buy the DVD I will just sell his figure on Ebay. I won't be getting the Batwing BVS set because no new minifigures. I want to see who comes with that other Lego DC movie that is coming out this year. it was called Lego Justice League Gotham Unleashed. I bet we could get another new Batman villain in that DVD. maybe Ra's al Ghul? that would be awesome what do you guys think?

Would like to see Saturn Girl come out at some point!

I sort of understand the lack-of-sewer disappointment with the Croc set, but I don't know why it was expected. The Harbor Pursuit didn't have a harbor, either. And any sewer we might have gotten would be extremely underwhelming. I guess I avoided a letdown by my lack of expectations for the sets. I think I'll try to get the Turtle Lair and use that for a backdrop/playset to use the set with.

DC rule of thumb: Don't assume a set will include a setting unless it's the focus of the set name. Characters first? It's a vehicle set.

Would like to see Saturn Girl come out at some point!

at some point yes but I mean it has Gotham in the title so they should include a character from Gotham city. I say Ra's al Ghul since he was rumored for this year

I would save Saturn Girl for those gift boxes from Target you know the ones where we got Superboy and Lightning Lad.

at some point yes but I mean it has Gotham in the title so they should include a character from Gotham city. I say Ra's al Ghul since he was rumored for this year

I would save Saturn Girl for those gift boxes from Target you know the ones where we got Superboy and Lightning Lad.

I think Ra's is unlikely as the dvd bonus, I would expect a more minor character like mad hatter for example. Plus if the rumours are true we will get Talia too and I doubt they would separate her and Ra's.

I think Ra's is unlikely as the dvd bonus, I would expect a more minor character like mad hatter for example. Plus if the rumours are true we will get Talia too and I doubt they would separate her and Ra's.

you know what I agree with you I think Mad Hatter should get that DVD exclusive figure. because its like trickster some people may want him but some don't really care.

of course i want Mad Hatter i think that they could give a new hat piece but i think they might just use penguin's hat but in green with printing. i hope i'm wrong though when they do make a mad hatter minifigure

you know what I agree with you I think Mad Hatter should get that DVD exclusive figure. because its like trickster some people may want him but some don't really care.

of course i want Mad Hatter i think that they could give a new hat piece but i think they might just use penguin's hat but in green with printing. i hope i'm wrong though when they do make a mad hatter minifigure

You're being very optimistic with that "when". I'd hope the next wave of comics sets includes him, whenever that may be. His hat would definitely require a new mold, though.

You're being very optimistic with that "when". I'd hope the next wave of comics sets includes him, whenever that may be. His hat would definitely require a new mold, though.

well I hope he is in The Lego Batman movie since we are probably going to get a lot of sets from that movie. i hope he appears in that movie because then he might get him in the sets for the movie. also since the movie comes out in February next year we might see the sets in stores maybe December this year Edited by TheJoker

Sets look sick, figs look great....(just have to see a better pic of Killer Croc) :)

Would love a Ra's and Mad Hatter

Is there another wave of sets usually that could fit Ras, or anyone else left in 2016? I don't re,ember there being other releases previous years.

Well not exactly a wave, there could however be store exclusive that we are yet to find out about. I mean Star Wars seems to get one or two every year so DC could quite possibly get one.

I hope for JL sets for next year, getting a little tired of these Batman sets. I mean, they're great and all, but this is a DC Superheroes line and not just a Batman line. The onl real wave we've had of JL is 2015 Winter. Reverse Flash ( :grin: ), some of the lanterns, Zoom etc.

Also, if anyone is interested, Nightwing's (2014) head works very well with the Flash cowl to make a good Reverse Flash head. I have an image here: wsfyMHg.jpg

If anyone watches the show, you'll know RF's mouth is barely visible due to vibrating, which is why I went with that look. However using the other head you'll see an expression.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

I hope for JL sets for next year, getting a little tired of these Batman sets.

Well, there is a Justice League movie coming out next year, so we'll probably get sets for that. Then again, there's also a LEGO Batman movie, and we'll definitely get sets for that.

I hope for JL sets for next year, getting a little tired of these Batman sets. I mean, they're great and all, but this is a DC Superheroes line and not just a Batman line. The onl real wave we've had of JL is 2015 Winter. Reverse Flash ( :grin: ), some of the lanterns, Zoom etc.

Also, if anyone is interested, Nightwing's (2014) head works very well with the Flash cowl to make a good Reverse Flash head. I have an image here:

If anyone watches the show, you'll know RF's mouth is barely visible due to vibrating, which is why I went with that look. However using the other head you'll see an expression.

I don't understand what you mean. We've only gotten two Lanterns, and Zoom/R-Flash hasn't appeared at all. Are you joking? You should post your custom on the purist figures thread.

I mean those villains should be upcoming, sorry for not making that clear. And sorry for posting that here, but while I was on the subject I thought I should post it if anyone was interested.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

I don't understand what you mean. We've only gotten two Lanterns, and Zoom/R-Flash hasn't appeared at all. Are you joking? You should post your custom on the purist figures thread.

well I want more Batman sets because i need Ra's al Ghul, Mad hatter, Firefly, Solomon Grundy, Talia al Ghul, Hugo Strange, Hush, Black Mask, a comic Alfred Pennyworth, a comic commissioner gordon, Clayface, Victor Zsasz a Mr.freeze with red googles.