just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I don't think Lego displays D2C sets at Toy Fair, since Toy Fairs are meant to get retailers interested in selling Lego's products and D2C are not sold through retailers.

The NYTF last year had UCS TIE fighter on display!

$270?? That's... a lot, maybe more than it's worth in my opinion. It doesn't look like it has 2500+ pieces to me. I'll have to decide what to spend my saved up VIP points on, this or the GBHQ.

Would that make it the most expensive Superheroes set after the Helicarrier?

The NYTF last year had UCS TIE fighter on display!

I forgot about that, but still, it's not something they do for all, or even many, D2C's.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

At 2500 pieces, that would make this comparable to the modular buildings, which range from $150 to $180 or so. I realize this is a licensed set but the Simpsons house is licensed and 2500+ pieces and is only $200. $270 seems really excessive for what we are getting. The Ghostbusters HQ is 4600 pieces and is $350. Then again, the Helicarrier is 3000 pieces and $350 so what do I know?

Edited by newwavejunkie

Oooof! Cloney you break a my heart!

Overpriced in my opinion. Especially for a set that's not polished looking in comparison to other D2C sets. Kind of feels like it's half built!

I don't see the problem with the stud wall. It doesn't look bad to me, like the back of the Firehouse. The only alternative would have been to have tall posts with no wall, which could have been fine too, but hey that will be an easy mod. I'm very happy not to pay for rock work detailing.

Anybody hoping this set will be priced like Arkham, you're unfortunately in for a shock. This set has 2526 pieces and will cost USD 270.

$270? No thanks. The difference between the big studded wall and GBFHHQ is that the ugly wall is hidden.

By the way that art is the art on the bottom corner of the back of the box

$270? Yeah, I'm using saved VIP points if I'm getting this. It's not too horribly overpriced, but should be at least $20 less. It just feels visually less interesting than it should be, and the large stud wall probably contributes to it. For such a bright, campy, series, this set looks rather dull with its colors, although it is appropriately cavey. I do really want this set, but I'm hoping for gift cards and VIP points from the GBHQ (my main birthday wish) to lower the price for this one.

I do love the office area and sliding bookshelf, though. The right side is probably the best part of the set, but the rest looks rather spare.

Edited by 8BrickMario

On the bright side, the Batcave price makes the prices for the other two summer sets look alot better.

Silver lining. That's a good way of looking at it!

Whoever said it was $270 and 2526 pieces, where'd you see this? I'm using every bit of my last remaining hope that this set isn't that overpriced for what it is. I rather they did a smaller Batcave and put the two vehicles and a few of the figs in seperate sets so we don't have to fork out so much for the set, and we can get what we want concerning the 66' Series rather than it all in one damn go.

Unless internal documents can be dead wrong about the price, that's what it is. So, maybe there's still hope that it will be cheaper when it comes out, but I think it's unlikely.

I guess it's a lot. I'm sure this set will sell on nostalgia, though, just like the Firehouse (though that set has a tremendous amount of parts). For some reason it seems like Exclusive buildings and play sets operate under different pricing parameters. The buildings tend to have tons of pieces for the price, while play sets or any other UCS sets don't really.

Need to see some high res photos of this before I know what to make of this. Not exactly blown away by that huge studded wall staring me in the face.

What I want to know is why people never seem to have good cameras when they find something like this. Surely a closeup or better focused picture could have been taken?

$270?! So it will be about £250... Well I'm sorry Lego but no way in hell am I paying that for what this is. No matter how great the minifigs are

$270?! So it will be about £250... Well I'm sorry Lego but no way in hell am I paying that for what this is. No matter how great the minifigs are

Calculates to £185, but LEGO will bump up the price. The Tumbler is $200 in USD, and calculates to £136, but Lego added about 20% on top of what it should have been. So if they do the same, the set will be around £220. Which is RIDICULOUS on reflection. I felt ill coughing up £160 for The Tumbler two months ago which crumpled my wallet, and I doubt this set will help either. Though I've said adamantly that I'll only get this set if it's discounted, but being the huge Bat-fan I am I won't be able to resist saving up and getting my hands on the pieces. I just can't stop myself. It's like when you see an article for your favourite game or TV Show that's clearly marked 'spoilers' but you can't stop yourself looking. This is a similar situation. Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

Calculates to £185, but LEGO will bump up the price. The Tumbler is $200 in USD, and calculates to £136, but Lego added about 20% on top of what it should have been. So if they do the same, the set will be around £220. Which is RIDICULOUS on reflection. I felt ill coughing up £160 for The Tumbler two months ago which crumpled my wallet, and I doubt this set will help either. Though I've said adamantly that I'll only get this set if it's discounted, but being the huge Bat-fan I am I won't be able to resist saving up and getting my hands on the pieces. I just can't stop myself. It's like when you see an article for your favourite game or TV Show that's clearly marked 'spoilers' but you can't stop yourself looking. This is a similar situation.

I managed to stop myself with the Tumbler - the minifigs were very nice, but not nice enough to convince me into paying that much for it. This, however, will be a serious temptation.

I certainly won't be buying it at $270, but I'm still glad it was made. I like the the movie and series, so it's nice to see it realized in official Lego form, even if I'll never own it.

I managed to stop myself with the Tumbler - the minifigs were very nice, but not nice enough to convince me into paying that much for it. This, however, will be a serious temptation.

For me I couldn't stop myself, it's sheer awesomeness got the better of me. However there were some literally painful parts of that build. And I can see those figures being worth A LOT in the coming years. Even when this set doesn't seem to be retired they seem to be racking up £20-£30 in some cases, so who knows what they'll be worth in 5-10 years, especially the Joker fig. That could be worth some insane amounts of money. Especially due to it being so detailed and in a pricey set, which is a D2C and not exactly in mass production like normal sets due to the price and amount of pieces.

A strange looking design. But fun nevertheless. My guess is that people that like to make lego-animations will get a kick out of this set.

I hope that the hi-res images pop up soon.